SQ: 210

BNCH: 145

DL: 265

all at 92kg

Current gym lifts:

-15kg on top of squat

-haven't maxed out on bench lately so wouldnt know

-DL 270 comfortably

Again not amazing but respectable. Would like to do some more specific PL stuff and get my totals up given that I've gained a few kg.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All competition lifts raw no wraps etc

SQ: 210

BNCH: 145

DL: 265

all at 92kg

Current gym lifts:

-15kg on top of squat

-haven't maxed out on bench lately so wouldnt know

-DL 270 comfortably

Again not amazing but respectable. Would like to do some more specific PL stuff and get my totals up given that I've gained a few kg.

More than respectable for a raw, natural lifter. Have you done a physique show or is that in the future?

Guys, I don't care which side of the argument you fall on. Debate it without getting personal.

The "this works for me and I'm bigger/stronger/fitter/prettier/whatever than you" line of reasoning is a terrible one anyway. Not only does it instantly make things personal, even if it's true, you're still only a sample study of one!

It's been a good debate, but if we keep circling back to this, with no new arguments to support your claims, it may be time to agree to disagree and move on.

Recent rubbish posts have been moved to the playground.

Guys, I don't care which side of the argument you fall on. Debate it without getting personal.

The "this works for me and I'm bigger/stronger/fitter/prettier/whatever than you" line of reasoning is a terrible one anyway. Not only does it instantly make things personal, even if it's true, you're still only a sample study of one!

It's been a good debate, but if we keep circling back to this, with no new arguments to support your claims, it may be time to agree to disagree and move on.

Come on if it's just science then we don't need a forum Pseudo.

Scrap the Journals too, they're just all about one person and what works for them, they don't have value to others...? is that what you really believe Pseudo?

It went off the rails becos Riccardo made a claim that 3 set of 10 equates to the same effect as 10 sets of 3 and some of us disagreed.

Do you really think people's Journals are a waste of time? Just make them private if you think the only value they hold is a personal one

Come on if it's just science then we don't need a forum Pseudo.

Scrap the Journals too, they're just all about one person and what works for them, they don't have value to others...? is that what you really believe Pseudo?

Agree with you that broscience has it's place here more than anything else, as Scooby says, "If body-building were an exact science then there would be a check-list of things you'd have to do to look just like Arnold"

Then again, I don't think that was Pseudos point. What I took from it was that he was saying it's dirty to try justify your methods not because they work for you but by saying 'I look better/bigger than this guy so my argument has to take precedence over his'. We can all learn something from each other but calling others wrong because you're bigger than them is wrong in it self simply because as stated before, this is not an exact science, there is no one way that works the same way for everybody.

It's about application, if something works then you will have something to show for it and vice versa. Credibility doesn't come from being good at stats or graphs. It comes from applying what you believe in and showing success in yourself and in others. Maybe it becomes personal when we say "if your theory works so well why are you so small?" (ok guilty on numerous occasions of that) however it's still valid.

I think some of this stuff comes from the fact that when someone posts on multiple threads others look for consistency in their posts. If the person argues a point then of course he or she should be held accountable if it contradicts something they posted earlier with the same amount of argumentative vigour lol... I am not much good with words so I am just making them up to suit but I am sure you get the gist.

That's my 2cents.

Oh and me having a dig at TWL and TOM... I just felt like it.

There is an old saying that 'bullshit baffles brains". While I don't expect the likes of Riccardo to dumb down their content for simple bastards like me, there is a risk that the message is lost because the content is too hard to follow. Maybe I'm alone here but I doubt it.

I beleive that simple is best. Simple is approach and simple in delivery. Maybe something to think about. :)

I find his reasoning jumps around a bit. He obviously doesn't see that.

I hope Pseudo doesn't really mean "The "this works for me and I'm bigger/stronger/fitter/prettier/whatever than you" line of reasoning is a terrible one anyway. "

Otherwise we may as well hand over all replies to the guys that sit in class and read other people's theories and studies.

Riccardo's claim that 3x10 and 10x3 produce the same results is not something I agree with and most people who do any form of exercise wouldn't either.

I don't offer any evidence whatsoever, nor should I have to. Anecdotedly the difference in training regimes between PLer's and BBer's is so obvious I don't believe I have anything more to offer.

Oh....there is just one small thing....the professionals in PL and BB are the ones doing the research and have material and understand far beyond what Riccardo can get his eyes and brain across. We mortals are merely getting those long research hours and trial and errors for free. So there is research involved, and what you might call "anecdotal" is kinda small minded in that respect because the proof of the research they did is in the physique or lifts they produced. But you knew that, right?

I can't make it any more "simple" than that Pseudo, we don't need a "prove it or don't reply forum".

Oh bugger. Looks like I've got caught in this now too! :pfft:

Let me clarify then. I have no problem with people saying "I feel this works for me". My problem is when they say "I feel this works for me, and I'm better than you, therefore I'm right and you're wrong". It just doesn't progress the discussion in any way. And if we can't move the discussion forward, everyone just ends up banging their heads together over the same ground, and getting more and more frustrated.

So... in the interests of progressing... are there any NEW angles that could be presented to support your arguments? (Whichever side you're on.)

8)

I have no problem with people saying "I feel this works for me". My problem is when they say "I feel this works for me, and I'm better than you, therefore I'm right and you're wrong".

Good points. I maybe a bit old fashioned but I do struggle with the lack of respect that some of the "newer brigade" show toward the established bodybuilders who have done their time and been on stage at a decent level. Surely this is worth something in terms of respect to these guys? Or am I missing something.

I have probably spent enough time commenting on a bodybuilding thread lol. :oops:

I have recently started to do high reps after my working sets, and dropping the weight. Yes, drop sets for the win (but just on my final sets). I'm liking them atm.

:clap:

that's all the OP wanted, someone's experience and opinion of how it went, nothing more.

Kudos sir

i've been doing the same as you lately severe, working sets followed by higher rep stuff and some drop sets. really like how it feels, especially for legs :pfft:

ok i lied, i hate how it feels for legs :madman: but nothing to it but to do it i guess