Wolffenbuttel NABBA South Islands-Critique Please?

Wolffenbuttel

Hi Guys!

I'm prepping for my first competition in september at the NABBA South Islands.And was hoping some of you could help me out in terms of physique and posing critique? I'm gonna be doing photo's every week but unsure how often I will post them. Please be as harsh as possible as long as its constructive.

post-10799-14166824227027_thumb.jpg

post-10799-14166824227114_thumb.jpg

post-10799-14166824227173_thumb.jpg

post-10799-14166824227228_thumb.jpg

post-10799-14166824227285_thumb.jpg

post-10799-14166824227341_thumb.jpg

post-10799-14166824227398_thumb.jpg

post-10799-14166824227453_thumb.jpg

post-10799-14166824227511_thumb.jpg

:shock: Jesus, guys, I know Wolffenbuttel asked for harsh criticism, but you could give him some constructive advice as well! Out of interest, how many of you have been on stage yet yourselves?

First of all, Wolf, that's a good set of photos you've taken. The only one you're missing is a front double bicep. Still, this gives us a fair idea of exactly where you're at.

So you're about 7 weeks out now? I put you at about 13-14%. Assuming a 1% BF drop per week, you could still get down to 6-7%. That's good in theory of course, but it gets harder to keep dropping fat as you get leaner. I think it's still doable - you won't get up on stage and embarrass yourself - but you're really going to have to get moving.

I don't know where Daniel8 got the idea that you might be cheating on your diet, but if you were... don't! There's certainly no time for that now.

As for your posing... I don't think it's too bad, to be honest. Sure, it could use work - but I've seen a lot worse (and on stage, too!). I'd highly recommend going to as many posing practise sessions as you can. I can give you advice here, but there's no substitute for live feedback. Still, here's a few points...

- Keep your head up straight in the rear poses.

- Keep your feet together in the side poses. Your front foot should touch the instep of the back foot.

- Keep you tummy tight in the side poses. You want to keep your waist as wasp-like as possible to make everything else look bigger.

- Pose LOTS in front of the mirror. Play around with it. What happens if you raise your arms a bit higher? Or twist your upper body round to the front more in the side poses?

- You don't have a mirror on stage, so when you practise posing, close your eyes, strike the pose, then open them and see where you went wrong.

That should keep you busy for a while! :D

Thanks Guys!

Have tweaked a couple of diet things included a bit more cardio and posing practice with my program and am defiantely going to try that posing eye's open/Closed thing you recommended Pseud!

Will post some more pics in a couple of weeks once there is a bit more of a noticable change!!

":3ukq200t]out of curiosity how long have you been dieting for already?

I'd been dieting for just on a month when those were taken!

Bob Chicerillo has a how to pose series on Youtube. People hate on learning from Youtube but it's a good place to start and will bring up points you don't think of. Get someone that is good at posing and link up with them

Thanks man will defiantely hit this up!

Hey man. Hope you enjoy your show.

You should post some of the same posses up a day or so before or after the show. Would be interesting to see the progress you make through coaching/practising etc.

good luck

Im planning on putting more up at about 3 weeks out.Good idea posting them on the day though! Watch this space!!

Those pics definitely don't do him justice, looking much better in the flesh :nod:

He's progressing along well, in 3 weeks lost 20.5mm off Sum of 8 skinfolds, 4.5cm off his waist and his flexed bicep is up 0.4cm :shock:

Keep up the good work bud :clap:

• 4 weeks later...

Fantastic Progress mate! Was unsure you'd be ready to get on stage in time judging from the first set of pics but you've obviously put a huge amount of effort into your diet and you're looking lean and mean. :clap:

Good luck with your final prep. Looking forward to seeing your on stage pics \:D/