Decent CHCH gyms!!

rapz

I know a similar topic was posted a while bac, but in need of a decent gym with a good range of equipment. Currently training out of snap but lacks equipment, space etc etc alongside waiting on machines and the odd time waster. Any suggestions of decent gyms? I hear Eastside Barbell is good for powerlifting purposes, but im looking more for bodybuilding side of things. have heard Canterbury Fitness is the go here? any suggestions are welcome :)

Sorry but I fail to see how there is a huge difference between how Bodybuilders and Powerlifters train tbh...

I call myself a Powerlifter because I do Powerlifting Competitions but you'll regularly see me doing high reps and lots of volume, yet still getting stronger...

Inb4 you can't do both..

Eastside is great for getting bigger and stronger in any aspect of weight training, inb4 Crossfitters turn up :pfft:

thanks for the suggestions guys! what are ESB rates?? i cant seem to find them and there website is down :roll: good that its 24hr though. what sort of dumbell range do both of these gyms range upto? i struggle to find a gym that goes over 45kgs, just for the heavier days :pfft: also a decent range of machines... if only one could have it all :pray:

thanks for the suggestions guys! what are ESB rates?? i cant seem to find them and there website is down :roll: good that its 24hr though. what sort of dumbell range do both of these gyms range upto? i struggle to find a gym that goes over 45kgs, just for the heavier days :pfft: also a decent range of machines... if only one could have it all :pray:

$50/month bro, dumbbells up to 70kg, pretty decent range of the machines that are actually useful

I agree that Fitness Canterbury is the best bodybuilding gym in the city. It's where the top couple of bodybuilders in town train. And depending on your objectives you need to surround yourself with like minded people to get the best results. I trained there for a long time as well as Eastside. I love their genuine Hammer Strength machines. Kent Gibson runs the place and he is a former top bodybuilder and he has chosen the equipment well. Shane Elsey is a PT there and he has pro potential IMO. Downside would be the lack of squats racks and deadlift area. They do have them and more than adequate at most times.

CityFitness Moorhouse was a good gym and may be a good gym if it opens again. I also trained there for a couple of years when it was Pro-Fitness.

Gym loyalty gets a bit silly at times IMO. Most of us just want to get big and strong.

City Fitness Health Club out at Northwood is good for pimping n perving. Lots of Posers there :lol::lol::lol:

And a few aspiring bodybuilders also and well as some top current bodybuilders. A good gym also I am told.

Les Mills get a bit of stick but they have a successful model and a heap of members.

Gym loyalty gets a bit silly at times IMO.

There's always someone who is the mature one and doesn't want to wind people up :lol:

Aren't we all on the same team? The team that wants to get bigger and stronger. Does it really matter where you train? As long as you have belief in the facility and self belief. Anyway, enough from me. :)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Cityfitness Moorhouse opening in Feb 2013, Have early sign up offer of $15.90 a week.

Does it look like being the most equiped gym in chch?

Without a doubt

I don't like cityfitness heaps and heaps of machines and little free weights.

Not to mention hair driers in the mens bathroom wtf! :shock:

Cityfitness Moorhouse opening in Feb 2013, Have early sign up offer of $15.90 a week.

Does it look like being the most equiped gym in chch?

Without a doubt

Not sure what you on about as Morehouse has lots of free weights

Without a doubt

Not sure what you on about as Morehouse has lots of free weights

Cityfitness in Hamilton doesn't. I thought since its a franchise they are all the same.