workout routine for Benchpress/squats/deadlits

just want to know a basic workout routine to follow using these basic exercises. ive got a squat cage, barbell, bench etc in my garage.

im 1.85cm tall, 98kg and im 25

my current max is 110kg on the bench, 140kg on deadlift and 140kg on squat

any help would be great!

Plenty of basic things you can look up bro

Doing a 5x5 rep scheme on the main lifts and then accessory work could do quite well as your Dead and Squat can improve a lot quickly.

Also looking up 5/3/1 would be a great choice, can personally vouch for that kinda programme if you have the balls to go for it :pfft:

Plenty of basic things you can look up bro

Doing a 5x5 rep scheme on the main lifts and then accessory work could do quite well as your Dead and Squat can improve a lot quickly.

Also looking up 5/3/1 would be a great choice, can personally vouch for that kinda programme if you have the balls to go for it :pfft:

This would be true if we had some big ass lifters in NZ what you need is the brains of a bodybuilder with the heart of a powerlifter and someone to get the mix right hard to find this mix a NZ to much patch protection

• 2 weeks later...

ive started my new routine:

monday:

5x5 military press

5x5 upright barbell rows

5x5 weighted pull ups

tuesday:

5x5 barbell squat

5x5 hexbar

10x3 wieghted lunges or box steps

wednesday: day-off

thursday:

5x5 bench press

5x5 dead lifts

5x5 close-grip bench press

friday: 1 hour circuit training ( tyre flips, bag work, ropes etc )

saturday and sunday rest

each week i add 2 1/2 - 5kg of wieght to each exercise

any thoughts on this workout?? cheers

• 2 weeks later...

The routine isn't too bad...

But I don't think the routine reflects your goals.

If your goals are to increase your bench, squat, and deadlift then why do they not have their own separate days?

Monday seems to be focusing on Military press - is this one of your goals?

This would be true if we had some big ass lifters in NZ what you need is the brains of a bodybuilder with the heart of a powerlifter and someone to get the mix right hard to find this mix a NZ to much patch protection

What does the cryptic comment actually mean?

I read it a couple of times and I think he's saying bodybuilders are smart :shock: :shock: :shock: WTF and powerlifters aren't but they have heart lol... and you won't find a combo cos we only do 1 or the other.

I read it a couple of times and I think he's saying bodybuilders are smart :shock: :shock: :shock: WTF and powerlifters aren't but they have heart lol... and you won't find a combo cos we only do 1 or the other.

I are don't understanding.

But I are keep trying.

When I do understanding after many trying I tell you.

:snap:

Shit bro, I know a few dumb bodybuilders and plenty of powerlifters who lack courage. And vice versa. I would say our top bodybuilders and top powerlifters are among some of the best athletes going around.

do you guys have any thought of my routine?

I'm not sure how experienced you are. If you are new to the gym and/or haven't done a lot of the big 3 lifts (plus overhead pressing) then I would recommend 5x5. The beauty of this is that you get lots of chance to learn and practice the movements. Don't underestimate the value of learning good technique. Some of the people I help continue to progress on 5x5 for months. Others will graduate to 5/3/1 after a few weeks.

As I said above, after an initial period of 5x5 I like to see lifters move to 5/3/1. The beauty of this is that you have a separate day for squat/bench/deadlift/overhead press. These are your core lifts and accessories can be built around these. The goal of these accessories is to work on weak points and make your core movements stronger.

That's my high level view. If you want me to expand then I can.

could you tell me a 5/3/1 program for those four exercises?? thanks

Get the book. Buy it, download it, borrow it, whatever. Get the book, read it, and then implement what you've learned. It's not a long read, and all good stuff. Setting up a program for you would do no good if you didn't know the philosophy or reasoning behind it. Another great thing about the program is the adaptability of accessory work. You hit your main lifts, and then work on your weaknesses relating to that lift.

could you tell me a 5/3/1 program for those four exercises?? thanks

Get the book. Buy it, download it, borrow it, whatever. Get the book, read it, and then implement what you've learned. It's not a long read, and all good stuff. Setting up a program for you would do no good if you didn't know the philosophy or reasoning behind it. Another great thing about the program is the adaptability of accessory work. You hit your main lifts, and then work on your weaknesses relating to that lift.

Good call Phedder. The programme itself is very simple. But you need to understand the philosophy behind it. This will make it more meaningful and enjoyable. And give you a greater chance of success.

yeah go 5x5. Getting back into the gym myself after a long time off and loving the progression. Not so sure about deadlifting only once a week. However there is now an app that can be downloaded for free fropm stronglifts. It could not be simplier. 150 x 5 x 5 Bench press here I come :pfft: