To post or not to post???

time4change

Hi everybody..

Im seriously considering posting my starting picture as a medium of commitment and motivation. Im thinking if i do this and post a monthly picture for all to see and comment it, I'll have to go as hard as I can at the gym each time AND take baby steps eg. Focus on monthly goals rather than my end year goal of becoming lean and toned by summer.

My only concern is that some people will make nasty comments or not be very helpful. What do you think? Post or dont post?

I honestly think i have like 35% body fat but then again what would I know lol

T4C

Do it , will be good motivation for you. No one will hassle you brosephine, we all start somewhere. Wouldn't be tolerated anyway. You can block out your face too. You know you're overweight, but you've decided to act on it and people here can help you so you have nothing to lose.

I think you should definately do it. It's all about the journey just as much as the end result. If you are using it as motivation and you are pushing yourself as hard as you can you will get results.

Anyone who mocks someone for trying there best is not worth listening to anyway. We all had to start somewhere. Go for it!

Do it.... :nod:

Give a shit if anyone posts negative comments. Remember it's just a starting point and something to look back on.

Main reason I say "do it" is I didn't have the balls to(yes i do have them) and now have nothing to look back on..... Started around 97ish now just under 82 but no before pics.

if you openly acknowledge your current state and are seeking honest feedback to help keep you on track to make a change then it's the right place to do it. just always be mindful of your goal and stick to it, don't let lazy people tell you you've done enough and to stop... only you should be in control of that.

Thanks everybody!

Open to criticism and the truth but I did mean negative as in straight forward being unhelpful and making pointless comments.

Will aim to post my pic in the next few days.. Please keep a watch. And maybe let me know how far i have to go too (i.e. Do i have alot of fat or can i lose it within 4 months if i go hard 4 to 5 times a week at gym with a very strict nutrition plan)

I dont think I have a tonne of fat but I do knw I have quite a bit to lose.. Especially around the hips tummy and bum area :shifty:

T4C

Open to criticism and the truth but I did mean negative as in straight forward being unhelpful and making pointless comments.

Negative, unhelpful and hurtful comments will be deleted and the offender temporarily suspended. We tend to have a very 'Tell it like it is' mentality around here, but that doesn't mean comments can be offensive and hurtful.

Posting pictures is a great way to get some accountability, I'm sure you'll get plenty of responses on how far you have to go, and they'll hopefully be accompanied by helpful advice to aid you in reaching your goals. Posting a monthly picture would be a great way to show everyone the progress your making, and if people think you could be making better progress, you might get the advice that will help you improve faster. As you can see already, you've had plenty of supportive comments. Everyone's got to start somewhere, and taking the initiative to change for the better is more than most people have done :nod: