16 yr old squat 100kg 6 reps

Drop the weight right back. I know it's a massive knock on your ego, but you'd be up to squatting 100 in no time, with proper technique if you start getting deeper with a lighter weight. I'd say move your legs out wider, just so it's easier for you to get deeper without losing balance, then gradually move your feet in closer. The closes I have them is just outside shoulder width.

Point your toes towards the corners of the rack, that way it's easier for your knees to stay inline with your toes and they will be less tempted to come in. If you find them coming in, plant your feet solidly, and actually push your knees out.

Probably grab the bar wider. It looks like if you were to go deeper, you'd probably have the weight fall forward on you. Getting your arms wider allows you to sit into it more. So sit into it, like you're just about to sit on the ground.

Like Dave said, push through your heels.

dXTD3.gif

:pfft:

take a 20 off each side and work on the form, it's more important because less weight proper form is gonna help you build up your legs better for now, while you eventually (and properly) work your way up to higher weights.

don't walk so far back after you lift the weight up, less is better so you have more energy to use on your squat, then less distance to walk back when you wanna rack the weight.

first thing that should move (after you've set up your feet positions as SUAS says) should be you poking your ass back as if someone is about to come kick you in the nuts from the front, rather than bending knees forward at start.

always wanna feel that weight done on the ball of your heels.

thanks guys yes i will forget about my ego right now and drop the weight and focus on form

@tomleegolf u some kinda troll or something?

tHe bAr iTSelf iZ 20kg aNd DaH platEs aRe 20kG eACh.

What our pet is saying is that you should have said "100kg (incl bar)" But we can see that.

Drop the weight, get less bouncy shoes, and drop those safety bars lower. Practice with just the bar until you get your hip crease below the top of your knee.

Don't fall into the trap of more is better. A douche at my gym squats 180kg for 1/4 reps, and thinks he is awesome, including the other retards he hangs with. Don't dot it. You need a quality quad, glute and hamstring effort.

thanks guys yes i will forget about my ego right now and drop the weight and focus on form

@tomleegolf u some kinda troll or something?

tHe bAr iTSelf iZ 20kg aNd DaH platEs aRe 20kG eACh.

Sincere apologies, mighty stallion. I quiver beneath your powerful hindquarters which obliterate even the heaviest stones.

Yeah, u should have a look at your flexibility too, which i find funny that no one has yet mentioned at this current point in the spatial time dimension. Maybe they all tremble in fear of your mighty rear. But I digress, you may be unnecessarily tight in your achilles tendon and hamstrings as I see your heels come off the ground.

Try this test. With no weight, just your bear body and bear feet, stand at attention with your feet together and slowly crouch down as low as you can go. Ideally your bum should be touching your calves with your heels still planted firmly on the ground and you should be able to touch ur chest and stomach to your quads and hug your knees. If your heels come off the ground, your achilles tendon and calves are restricting your ROM. If you cant sit down fully, then your glutes, hammies, groin and hip flexors are tight. If you cant hug your chest to your knees, then your lower back is pretty tight too. You probably wont be able to do any of these things so you should work on your flexibility before you pile on the plates. And you should be able to at least touch your toes with straight legs.

I cant do any of those and i seem to be able to squat okish.....

Good point re flexibility though. Often overlooked especially when starting out on the iron road

No I dont think there are many people that could. But they should be able to. You dont have to be that flexible to squat to pl depth anyway and we all know you're one of the top squatters in nz anyway. But I think that you would be more flexible than the stallion who cant go lower than a half squat without raising his heels off the floor.

Good to see you gettingstuck in mate, stick with all the points the guys have mentioned and you will see much better and stronger improvement.

You may also want to lower the bar further down away from your neck (hard to tell but it looks almost dangerously high), centralising it more across your traps and rear delts should help with support and your posture.

Gonzo