CAPO New Zealand

Optimass

The IPF rule regarding 2m long knee wraps is anal. Why let a lifter use wraps when in some cases they are not long enough to do the job. They are there to spport the joint and there is only a small amount of carryover. 1/2 the time the big fellas pop a knee out anyway cos they cant get decent cover over the patella.

Good work CAPO NZ. RAW+ will be a welcome addition to what you are going to offering any encourage masters to compete raw for longer or make a comeback to the sport.

2m isnt long enough to go round a knee? I dont know how you wrap knees but 2m is plenty. As you say they are there to support the joint not do the lift for you. How long do you need?

Small amount of carryover? Have you ever used them before? sometimes people can get 40+kgs out of knee wraps.

I havnt been in the sport long but have not heard of people popping knees out. Normally its backs which are injured because knee and hip joints are so well supported that the weakest point (back) gives way.

But hey, you guys do things differently down in CDs. What do I know

Have I ever used knee wraps before - hahahahaaha

Pretty rare to get 40kgs carryover out a knee wrap

When I said popping a knee out I meant out of the wraps not popping a knee "out of the joint" :roll:

but good onya for trying :lol:

2m wraps like a THP are often only just long enough to get a 2nd cover over the patella..an extra 500mm would be great

No problem for the skinny jeans brigade though

anyway....Welcome GPA. The more the merrier

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2m isnt long enough to go round a knee? I dont know how you wrap knees but 2m is plenty. As you say they are there to support the joint not do the lift for you. How long do you need?

Small amount of carryover? Have you ever used them before? sometimes people can get 40+kgs out of knee wraps.

I havnt been in the sport long but have not heard of people popping knees out. Normally its backs which are injured because knee and hip joints are so well supported that the weakest point (back) gives way.

[MOD EDIT: No offensive comments, please.]

More on-topic, knee wraps are more for support and lateral movement of the joint in line with the foot. This becomes more important when people squat >400kgs imo. Yes they do act as a spring with elastic potential energy that is increased then decreased at different parts of the lift, but so do suits and the difference between the carryover from the two is noticeably large.

More on-topic, knee wraps are more for support and lateral movement of the joint in line with the foot. This becomes more important when people squat >400kgs imo. Yes they do act as a spring with elastic potential energy that is increased then decreased at different parts of the lift, but so do suits and the difference between the carryover from the two is noticeably large.

:lol:

question: when i sign up to capo, will the people who dont like capo defriend me on fb? oh.... wait on, too late :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

sign me up!!!!! :pfft:

Here we go again.

Nothing like personal attacks to draw attention away from what i actually said. It came across as passive agressive because i wanted to get my point across without getting suspended.

The way I wrap my knees i get 3 or 4 layers over the patella. I may have small legs but i use the same method as Jono Radich who has 2 x bigger legs than me.

When was time someone squatted 400kgs in NZ? Nothing even close. And i didnt hear derek pomana and rueben simanu complainign about how long the wraps are when squatting 370+.

:lol:

question: when i sign up to capo, will the people who dont like capo defriend me on fb? oh.... wait on, too late :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

sign me up!!!!! :pfft:

Looks like your more concerned about feeling the cold shoulder then you are at training. [MOD EDIT: No offensive comments, please.]

Pretty easy to see where this is heading guys :naughty: Please remember to keep it civil. If these digs continue, suspensions will result.

Sounds like everything's going to plan Damo, referee exams and memberships underway :clap: I expect to see plenty of footage from the inaugural competition in Sept. Will be some impressive weights thrown around for sure :nod:

Have you become designated PR person while Opti keeps busy behind the scenes?

Looks like your more concerned about feeling the cold shoulder then you are at training. [MOD EDIT: No offensive comments, please.]

pm/fax me if you got something to say brother. 8)

ps - Phedder you not competing in Sept?

pss - as far as the wraps go, i think this can all be summed up by saying:

* guys with big legs dont get many revolutions at 2m

* generally the more revolutions the better coverage/support

* 2.5m wraps will make more difference for units than pencilnecks

* the extra half metre wont give much more weight than the 2m

* capo is better :pfft:

psss - barbrother whn you next see Chris remind him about my 5 bucks 8)

Pretty easy to see where this is heading guys :naughty: Please remember to keep it civil. If these digs continue, suspensions will result.

:clap: well said Phedder...the voice of reason :grin:

I think everyone can agree that we are all into Powerlifting because we LOVE the sport...and because we are passionate about our sport things can get a bit heated if there is a difference in "world view". It doesn't matter about what "FED" you lift in for *&^%$ sake .....the end goal is just the same...smash PR's and enjoy it :twisted: Barbelle over and out :wave:

Thanks Phed - It's very much a team effort as it is for the other fed(s) in NZ - I prefer not to get into the politics of it all - I have no beef to settle. I personally can appreciate there will be a bit of nervousness and apprehension with a new fed coming into NZ. But there is certainly opportunity for it - not everyone shops at Pak n Save if you get my meaning.

CAPO NZ is very much a team effort - as I can imagine the other pling and bodybuilder feds are. Credit to NZPF and their affiliates for laying a solid platform in New Zealand that has set a very high standard. All we are offering is an alternative.

Here we go again.

Nothing like personal attacks to draw attention away from what i actually said. It came across as passive agressive because i wanted to get my point across without getting suspended.

I take no offense to your comment BBro - I have never met you but know you by reputation on the platform. Your opinion is accepted as are the views of others here. But I personally will not mod any comments raised in these forums around personal opinion in relation to CAPO NZ or NZPF/APA. Phed and Drizzt have offered to take the lead here.

* capo is better :pfft:

If you're on the juice I guess

No need to get personal -

Those that compete in your fed are obviously drug free by default. If you like the fact that your fed is "fully" tested great. But comments like this dont serve anyones best interests and reflect badly on those you are trying to support.

I'm happy to sit with any of the NZPF leadership group to discuss this - but subtle attacks on athletes from either fed are not acceptable. We will have a 13 year old girl competing at our event in September - trying to undermine a new fed with these types of comments is not ideal mate.

CAPO is large in OZ, it's proven and testing or not testing isn't really a large concern for those that lift in it over there. There are opportunities within the affiliates to compete tested but the bulk of the lifters over there are not hung up on it.

Your entitled to your opinion though - I can accept that. Entirely up to you what you want to say.

O

CAPO is large in OZ, it's proven and testing or not testing isn't really a large concern for those that lift in it over there. There are opportunities within the affiliates to compete tested but the bulk of the lifters over there are not hung up on it.

"Drug Testing

The WPC does not drug test, although its amateur affiliate, the AWPC does."

Opti question...or maybe serveral

is AWPC going to have it own records here in nz?

(i havent recieved a member form yet so not sure if its on there or not) but will there be tests done at the september comp aswell?...or will there be steps taken to implement this into the future comps once capo is abit more established here in NZ?

There is no plan to implement AWPC afilliated test here in NZ in the first instance.

I think we are best to focus on getting our schedule locked down for the coming year and then look at how we can create opportunities for athletes to compete and represent NZ under AWPC internationally.

There will be lots to consider including cost, facilitation and management - given we are just starting out over here this wont likely be firmed up this year. It's certainly something that will be discussed in the coming months however.

There is a lot to get through but I'll personally champion the "tested" path for New Zealand athletes into AWPC events and look to get something up shortly.

:)

Sounds like everything's going to plan Damo, referee exams and memberships underway :clap: I expect to see plenty of footage from the inaugural competition in Sept. Will be some impressive weights thrown around for sure :nod:

Hey Phed...In this case CBC is the promoter so I've been OKed to post relevant information: rules, fees, the comp; membership etc

The promoter does not get any membership $ at all as this goes back to CAPO but does get the event $ which in this case is going back into the day as cash prizes :nod:

Just for the record...CBC supports IPF lifters and CAPO lifters. In fact we have 4 lifters doing an APA comp this weekend and we will be there to support them as best we can. Our members all support this stance.

There is no plan to implement AWPC afilliated test here in NZ in the first instance.

I think we are best to focus on getting our schedule locked down for the coming year and then look at how we can create opportunities for athletes to compete and represent NZ under AWPC internationally.

There will be lots to consider including cost, facilitation and management - given we are just starting out over here this wont likely be firmed up this year. It's certainly something that will be discussed in the coming months however.

There is a lot to get through but I'll personally champion the "tested" path for New Zealand athletes into AWPC events and look to get something up shortly.

:)

choice bro! cheers for answering muh questions

(i havent recieved a member form yet so not sure if its on there or not) but will there be tests done at the september comp aswell?...or will there be steps taken to implement this into the future comps once capo is abit more established here in NZ?

Just to elaborate on what Opti has said here re: AWPC

I have looked into this as the promoter of the inaugural CAPO NZ meet...

AWPC is available for those who wish to compete under that banner at CAPO Nationals bro. You'd have to qualify (can get numbers for you if you like) and then do CAPO Nats. They are in Albury this year...NSW border basically as I have a couple of interested lifters. CAPO NZ would like to send a team next year and there is talk of a Trans Tasman event next year too with our Ozzie brothers. In time CAPO NZ hopes to have AWPC available at NZ Nationals level but you to walk before you can run.

September 29 will be an un-tested event.

Just to elaborate on what Opti has said here re: AWPC

I have looked into this as the promoter of the inaugural CAPO NZ meet...

AWPC is available for those who wish to compete under that banner at CAPO Nationals bro. You'd have to qualify (can get numbers for you if you like) and then do CAPO Nats. They are in Albury this year...NSW border basically as I have a couple of interested lifters. CAPO NZ would like to send a team next year and there is talk of a Trans Tasman event next year too with our Ozzie brothers. In time CAPO NZ hopes to have AWPC available at NZ Nationals level but you to walk before you can run.

September 29 will be an un-tested event.

Repped!

fuuuuuar that would be mean as! prob wouldnt do the nats this year, but next year...Cheeeyea its all on! dif like the sound sending a team over thou \:D/ .

for now.... ill just duke it out with the Jacked boys :lol:

At the INBA Brisbane Titles - AWPC Powerlifting Invitational

both natural bodybuilding and natural powerlifting were both tested by ASADA. Im presuming the same would apply for AWPC at CAPO Nats.

Check with ASADA for more info. You must know them on a first name basis by now :lol:

At the INBA Brisbane Titles - AWPC Powerlifting Invitational

both natural bodybuilding and natural powerlifting were both tested by ASADA. Im presuming the same would apply for AWPC at CAPO Nats.

Check with ASADA for more info. You must know them on a first name basis by now :lol:

But that was 2007 right?

I understood that was a one off and INBA closed that door pretty fast- but maybe I heard wrong.

The info I have got regarding CAPO AWPC has been just hearsay- but I was told that there is no testing. Maybe they do and I just haven't heard about it. Konstantinov holds AWPC records- wow.

ok- so there isn't policy or anything I can just look at- I should email the pres direct?

Obviously I'm not looking to do AWPC- just interested because I heard a few things at this end and I keep seeing it thrown up to show there is a tested avenue. Not stirring- just interested.

I'm sure there is a policy but it is not applicable to CAPO NZ in NZ at this stage so it hasn't been a priority for them in the set up. The "pres" will be able to answer your questions and direct you to the correct place to find out what it is you are after.

As a promoter of the Inaugural event it has no relevance to me personally at this stage but no doubt with the growth of CAPO in NZ there will come a time when this option will become available to lifters like it is at CAPO Nationals in Australia.