CAPO New Zealand

Optimass

BREAKING NEWS ........BREAKING NEWS ...............BREAKING NEWS .......BREAKING NEWS ..............JUNE 20TH 2012

CAPO Australia wishes to announce with great pleasure that we now have a New Zealand branch based in Auckland .

CAPO New Zealand head representative , Geordie Shields , will host the New Zealand debut competition in mid September this year .

This is a very exciting opportunity for all CAPO lifters from both countries by joining forces , and will no doubt produce some fantastic powerlifting competitions .

Further information will be announced in coming days with all details of upcoming competitions, how to join up and a statement from the New Zealand branch base .

On behalf of the CAPO Australia Board , our members and representatives , a warm welcome to Geordie and CAPO New Zealand

http://www.capopowerlifting.com.au/latest_news.html

More to come :)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pheweee! This is big news for NZ Powerlifting. :nod:

I see there are plenty of options for PL here. tested, untested, Raw, Raw plus (belt and wraps) unlimited equipped...the mind boggles at the opportunities

They've a good man with GS at the wheel. :clap:

Copy n paste my response from PH forum!

WOW - I didn't see that coming..... :roll: :pfft:

Good news imho as I've always believed an option made for competition between the organisations, thus making them work for their lifters. Monopolies are not a good thing in that respect.

Good luck CAPO, happy to support you guys as a spotter / loader if needed, just as I still am with NZPF.

Copy n paste my response from PH forum!

This is great news, a lot of people have been waiting for this opportunity to present itself. There are a lot of disgruntled both active and potential lifters, who now have another avenue for their lifting careers. I am very sure CAPO NZ will have the same success that it has enjoyed in Australia.

Lifters will have a choice now, which many have said they were deprived of, given the infrastructure of the Australian arm, this is a great opportunity for up and coming NZ lifters.

Competition is good and I wish CAPO NZ all the best for their future.

In Strength.

OB

Can somebody explain the differnce between CAPO and IPF please?

Does CAPO drug test?

What kind of gear does CAPO use? Single ply gear like IPF?

Squats? Walk out?

Bench? Touch and go or wait for Lift signal?

Etc etc

You can choose to compete tested, untested, raw (knee sleeves and belt) raw+ (knee wraps and belt) or equipped. Equipment is unlimited.

It depends on the comp equipment available but most comps and especially in NZ it will be walk out ya squat.

Squat depth is the same as IPF.

Bench is very simple - After receiving the bar at arms length, the lifter shall lower the bar to the chest. The signal shall be an audible command “Press” and given as soon as the bar is motionless on the chest. As long as the bar is not so low that it touches the lifter’s belt, it is acceptable.You can raise your head off the bench and you can be up on your toes but the back and buttocks must remain on the bench.

Deadlift the same as IPF.

Full rules here bro - http://www.capopowerlifting.com.au/files/WPC_rule_book_official_website_2010.pdf

Can somebody explain the differnce between CAPO and IPF please?

Does CAPO drug test? No

What kind of gear does CAPO use? Single ply gear like IPF? Both options & Raw

Squats? Walk out? Sometimes? Plus Monolift

Bench? Touch and go or wait for Lift signal? Unsure on that one, but pause required

Etc etc

Being a WPC affiliate I'd assume the rules are the same as the ones found here:

http://worldpowerliftingcongress.com/

Also 24 hr weigh ins...no more stressing off 400gr :lol:

No equipment checks thus putting the responsibility on the lifter.

It offers a lot more scope for sponsorship and less lifters costs without having to deal with approved brands, certain length this and that and a bunch of other anal IPF rules.

Dont get me wrong I still support our IPF lifters its just a pet peeve of mine these silly rules like... what undies you can or cant wear :roll:

It offers a lot more scope for sponsorship and less lifters costs without having to deal with approved brands, certain length this and that and a bunch of other anal IPF rules.

Dont get me wrong I still support our IPF lifters its just a pet peeve of mine these silly rules like... what undies you can or cant wear :roll:

All I read was no underwear..... I'm there!

All I read was no underwear..... I'm there!

Yeah CAPO have a RAW division for you Harry! :grin: