Thoughts on cycle for a 43 year old?

ape

Hey Guys,

A friend of mine is wanting to give gear a go. He is 43 years old and weighs 95kgs. I suspect about 19% body fat. He has trained his whole life and until recently was an active boxer.

What would you recommend for his first cycle? Straight test-e, one ml on a monday and one ml on a thursday? Maybe with d-bol for the first four weeks? Or a sus/deca cycle?

I have had no experience with this age group so not sure what works.

Cheers,

Ape

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys,

A friend of mine is wanting to give gear a go. He is 43 years old and weighs 95kgs. I suspect about 19% body fat. He has trained his whole life and until recently was an active boxer.

What would you recommend for his first cycle? Straight test-e, one ml on a monday and one ml on a thursday? Maybe with d-bol for the first four weeks? Or a sus/deca cycle?

Cheers,

Ape

Old enough to get HRT and get monitored so maybe try that route first.

Hey Guys,

Cheers,

Ape

Age has no real impact on what cycle. What you are suggesting would be perfect 500mg TestE & Dbol 20mg ed for first 4-6 weeks in a 12-16 weeker. His BF is a bit high & it would be better to start leaner & fitter if possible. Then its all about nutrition & hard training. Make sure he has some goals & it is really good to get some base blood tests done for future reference.

Hey Guys,

Cheers,

Ape

Age has no real impact on what cycle. What you are suggesting would be perfect 500mg TestE & Dbol 20mg ed for first 4-6 weeks in a 12-16 weeker. His BF is a bit high & it would be better to start leaner & fitter if possible. Then its all about nutrition & hard training. Make sure he has some goals & it is really good to get some base blood tests done for future reference.

Never taken steroids and 500mgs test with a further 140mg dbol? Is that much necessary? I mean really?

Never taken steroids and 500mgs test with a further 140mg dbol? Is that much necessary? I mean really?

Sounds like a good first cycle to me...

Does it? Well you guys are heaps more advanced than me so I shall just pipe down.

THIS!!!! :nod:

FFS - as explained in earlier posts here I have seen guys put on a fair bit of mass, and keep a fair bit using 250mgs a week on a first cycle!!

This is still 3 times what standard TRT dose would be!

Why do people jump to 500mg as first cycle? Gym myths perpetuated! Imagine that in pre-97 when pretty much all of NZL enhanced guys used Aussie vet products - it'd be 10mL a week! :pfft: :grin: I can just imagine it "right newbie, fill up 4 barrels with 2.5mL each and pin that shit"!! :shock: :pfft:

I guess people say 500 IS going to guarantee results, where a few may find 250 a little low to gain 10kg plus while on cycle. I can accept that at a push, but why would anyone suggest confusing the issue by using a second compound on a first cylce??? Let alone D-Bol, which I know most get complacent with, but it is a VERY strong compound, which has a fair few side effects.

My advice to natty's is to stay natty. But if they're gonna do it to do some serious research, makes it tough when they come here and get shit advice.

Why do people jump to 500mg as first cycle?

Further on this, why is it that if someone believes 250mg isn't enough, the next step is always 500mg? Is it really that much harder to measure out 0.75ml twice a week, or 1.5ml once a week for a 375mg weekly dosage.

With two 10ml vials, that's a 10 week cycle at 500mg a week. Using 375mg a week, you get a 13.3 week cycle. Purely speculation here, but wouldn't a 13.3 week cycle at 375mg/w give more maintainable gains, with less side effects?

Does it? Well you guys are heaps more advanced than me so I shall just pipe down.

lol enters the 12 year old....

500mgs is not alot of gear!, people will def get results and keep them. yes maybe it can be done on 250 but please dont make it sound like 500mgs is heaps lmao

500mgs is not alot of gear!, people will def get results and keep them. yes maybe it can be done on 250 but please dont make it sound like 500mgs is heaps lmao

Agreed but its more than many (including some of our Pro's when cruising) sit on for most of the year.

I've seen your cycles (or proposed ones on here) TWL, have to say your views tend to be a little extreme at times.

You use Tren to cook your chicken breasts in - That's what I heard! :grin: (haven't heard that saying for a while......must be missing tomsammce :grin: ).

For a first timer man, it's a lot. Way too much IMO. Sure there's a point when he would want to take more and add compounds etc etc etc but he might not want to be a massive bodybuilder or the best built guy at a dance party. Pretty sure at 43 that's not one of his goals in life.

Agreed but its more than many (including some of our Pro's when cruising) sit on for most of the year.

I've seen your cycles (or proposed ones on here) TWL, have to say your views tend to be a little extreme at times.

You use Tren to cook your chicken breasts in - That's what I heard! :grin: (haven't heard that saying for a while......must be missing tomsammce :grin: ).

lol nothing wrong when your experienced in using gear to run a few big cycles imo. i don't think 1-1.5grams for a cycle is extreme. but yeah tren is my favorite marinade :wink:

also we all know how different people respond differently to gear to some 750mg is boat loads and to others they need 4 grams and gh to grow (sifo?) lol jokes big fella!

Hey Guys,

Cheers,

Ape

Straight Test-E twice a week will be wicked, nothing else is needed to grow on that. He can try DBol next time if he likes the results but really can take just Test every cycle and get amazing results.

My first cycle was half that amount, like many of the old school guys here we had 50mg/ml gear and we still grew, hence the difference in opinions.

To put your mate straight, if he takes more than he needs he'll waste it and could get some side effects. And we all respond differently so no-one on here can say he will or he won't.

It is wiser to start with less compounds for your first cycle. Your chubby mate might get itchy nipples a week after 500mg Test and 140mg dbol and then have to resort to AIs and shit, an inexperienced guy just doesn't need that hassle imo (I have never ever had to use an AI for this reason...my badge is coming TWL, it's coming :shock: )

But a ml of 250mg a week for a few weeks will cause wicked gains for the majority of people, and he can add in the 2nd ml as long as he's not feeling sides.

I am thinking I should now add 200 of deca to my 375/400 test enanthate. Not for growth but because my elbows and shoulders are starting to feel the workouts. I got good joints from adding. Maybe a low dose of deca added to your mates test will help I this area too?

I want tren, but I am over the joint aches.

250mg will hardly shut down his HPTA. Some woman use more than that. Give it a good go for a first cycle. You make the most gains you ever will. 20mg Dbol is not much of an addition but stands to kick start things until the Test stabilises. Alternativley add in Prop at 100mg EOD first two weeks. Your all a bunch of pussys \:D/ :pfft: 8)

250mg will hardly shut down his HPTA. Some woman use more than that. Give it a good go for a first cycle. You make the most gains you ever will. 20mg Dbol is not much of an addition but stands to kick start things until the Test stabilises. Alternativley add in Prop at 100mg EOD first two weeks. Your all a bunch of pussys \:D/ :pfft: 8)

Aye? Normally you give good solid information and advice musclenz. What's pussy about wanting to use minimal amounts of gear? Or am I a pussy cos I'm not as big and strong as you? Lol don't be a cock bro, I use less than he uses most of the time and I promise I'd bury you in the gym. You'd waste me in the lecture theatre though ha ha ha ha

There's been considerable debate on here in the last few years, regards what is best for a first cycle..

There hasn't been an one-fits-all recommendation for obvious reasons, everyone's different both in body size to genetic potential etc....

Testosterone can be a very powerful drug when used incorrectly, ideally the first time you use it you don't want to end up in hospital, or a Police cell...

Saying that, your first cycle generally produces the best gains, and its the one you will remember the most....

Do you stop safe @ 250mg or do you go for more @ 500mg..?

I think from memory your body produces about 70mg/week (10mg/day) if your lucky...

After subtraction of the ester Test-E @ 250mg would = 180mg....

Test-E half-lives @ 5.25 days so that equates to about 90mg in 5.25 days or about 18mg/day.......... Once every 7 days and its dropping off a quite bit before you pin again....

After about 4 X 5.25 days the compounded half-lives should add up to roughly 33mg/day............... Three-times the normal weekly dose..!!

I'm not sure how much of that is free-testosterone or un-bound..??

I've read somewhere SHBG is responsible for binding about 60% of free-Test making it biologically inactive in the blood..? 38% is bound to Serum Albumin, I'm not sure whether that is a transport mechanism, or that too is bound & inactive.. (someone please advise)...?

So if you then drop 33mg by 60%, it does seem hardly worth it.....

Nate and Harry, you both seem to have a considerable genetic advantage above the rest of us mere mortals on here.....

What works for you Harry has little effect on me personally, although if I could stick to a diet similar to Harry's things might be different....

From what I can remember I think 1ml of Cypionate once a week was my first introduction to injectables... It turned me into a fucking lunatic, but I was a lot younger then....

Now 250mg every 3 days doesn't seem to have anywhere near the same effect 250mg/week did 30 years ago....

If your of a larger frame 500mg/week might be your thing, If your a little c*nt or you'd like to stay on the safer side, maybe nearer 250mg....

Hey you speak for your own woman.... Mine wants to retain her feminine charms........................... :grin:

I don't think I have too many genetic advantages. I just think it's about goals. Maybe smash it hard first cycle if you're in your 20s and looking for a short cut to some great gains. But 43? Probably looking at more quality of life than anything else.

I would say go to an anti ageing clinic, get some blood work done, work out what you need to do that is going to keep you healthy and do it.

500mgs plus 140 of dbol a week, yeah that's a good cycle for me now. I know I am maybe a decent responder but I have also used gear on and off for almost 20 years and I like to think I rely more on nutrition and training than I do on gear intake.

I am not saying you guys are gear whores... (much)

Daz and mnz I normally think you guys give great info and Daz and I have shared ideas on a few things and established what works for me doesn't for him etc etc etc

I don't think I am a pussy cos I am a minimalist and pretty sure in the gym I might go ok with MNZ, he'd waste me in the lecture theatre though.

I don't think I have too many genetic advantages. I just think it's about goals. Maybe smash it hard first cycle if you're in your 20s and looking for a short cut to some great gains. But 43? Probably looking at more quality of life than anything else.

I would say go to an anti ageing clinic, get some blood work done, work out what you need to do that is going to keep you healthy and do it.

500mgs plus 140 of dbol a week, yeah that's a good cycle for me now. I know I am maybe a decent responder but I have also used gear on and off for almost 20 years and I like to think I rely more on nutrition and training than I do on gear intake.

I am not saying you guys are gear whores... (much)

Daz and mnz I normally think you guys give great info and Daz and I have shared ideas on a few things and established what works for me doesn't for him etc etc etc

I don't think I am a pussy cos I am a minimalist and pretty sure in the gym I might go ok with MNZ, he'd waste me in the lecture theatre though.

^^ Most sensible thing I've heard yet.... must be the low carbs Harry.

Go grab some takeaways stat & double your Test & throw some Anaps & Tren in for good measure! :pfft: :grin:

OK you Pussys....for all those 250mg PW muppets, here's something for you to ponder....Frontloading Test on a Cycle

The discussion is by Bill Roberts a leading exponent on AAS usage.

Let the discussions begin................. :pfft:

"If it's the case that the blood levels associated with ongoing use of the doses you plan give you what you want, why have the first week or so way below those levels and the second week just coming up on them? Why not get to them right away?

A big part of why many say "Nothing happened in my first two weeks" is because they didn't frontload.

If you frontload, and are using a substantial dose you ought to see a substantial increase in scale weight by day 4. Usually not so or not anything like it if not frontloading and using the same dose, unless the planned dose is so high that even being at partial levels is good enough.

For example if planning on using 4.5 grams per week (1.5 g three times per week), then just doing it straight, no frontloading, will still give a reasonable start. But most do not use such doses, nor need to -- not even an NPC competitor typically needs that much. I mention it only to be thorough, not because it is often relevant, it isn't.

Mlettier, let's not use 13 days for the half-life of testosterone cypionate TestE is the same time) as I don't think that is right. Let's use 8 days. Aside from having a literature reference on that (which doesn't prove it's exactly right) it seems in practice to be about right or maybe even a touch long, for example it might really be 7 days.

But using 8 days and let's say your planned rate was 750 mg/week (it wasn't clear to me exactly what you were looking at in that regard, but if that isn't the rate, substituting another number and redoing the calculation will work fine.)

So if the half-life is 8 days and the planned rate is 750 mg/week, the planned average amount of use per half-life is 750 mg times 8 divided by 7, or 857 mg.

If planning to inject that 750 mg as 250 mg three times per week, then the first injection is, or should approximate, 857 mg plus 250 mg. Which would be about 1107 mg. There's no need to be so extremely precise, so for example 1000 mg or 1125 or 1250 mg would be acceptable substitutes.

The amount needed to get to what will be the ongoing level already having been provided, the next injection and all others need be only the ongoing 250 mg injections.

Basically, the first injection gets you right away to where you plan to be, and the following injections keep you there.

In contrast, if you just injected 250 mg on day 1, not only would your levels not be commensurate with the 750 mg/week level, nor would they be commensurate with the 250 mg/week level: they would be commensurate with about the 125 mg/week level or slightly less. So the cycle is starting off with an absolute whimper when done this way. Not the way to go.