Bulk whey protein isolate (20kg)

Pseudonym

Ring the Auckland Davis Trading out, the number will either be on the website ( i cant remember) or get the number through your local davis trading store, that should get your halfway there.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>..

Also, i have no idea what "Alacen" means, or what the number represents, my WPC is Alacen 450, while the WPI is Alacen 895, can somebody provide some insight for me? <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Cheers PSE, that is interesting. I tried googling it but never found anything of worth, perhaps I didnt try hard enough.

Sadly though i now feel very inferrior with my alacen 450 :'(

>>>> Again, if anybody could help me with finding the nutritional info of my protein I ordered that'd be sweet, I note earlier in this thread somebody found the info for the Alacen 895 <<<<<<<<

• 2 weeks later...
Hey cheers Pse, Now i can hit up Ash and fins out where he found that out from :)

Sorry mate, I saw your PM and had a look through my old hard drive for the PDF but it's long gone. I got the PDF from someone at Davis Trading as far as I remember. The info I posted was straight off the PDF, so it's accurate unless the composition has changed since then.

Even at the new prices, I reckon that the 450 is still a bargain. I've got about 15Kg sitting in my office at the moment.

Ash

Also guys if you get sick of having no taste with your protein, you can purchase flavour packs from trueprotein.com

At the moment I have Choc, Strawberry and Vanila and I just add a little bit into each shake. I bought about a 500g of each and after a year they arent even below half way still

Take a look here, BSL flavours are the best, not too sure if they still stock them though

Also guys if you get sick of having no taste with your protein, you can purchase flavour packs from trueprotein.com

A few drops of vanilla essence & some splenda will do the trick.

This also goes for

Cocoa & splenda

banana essence & splenda

any essence you want ..... & splenda

• 1 year later...

Hey everyone!!

Im sick of the commercial protein tubs tbh..even tho ive only had 2tubs as im broke half the time lol

but yea..i got some cash now and want to buy in bulk before i get broke when Uni starts again!!

whats the cheapest place? since its all %100 pure unprocessed whey,obviously where id get it from wont make a diff aye?

and you know all the BCCASS ,glutamine etc bla bla..the good shit thats added from companies..is that in the unprocessed powder??

please someone help!

I want to start making my own massgainer shakes ..any ideas? ive watchd some youtube vids..sayig add oats,peanut butter,and just some more then normal scoops of powder?

thanks again!

Hey mate, I have just been reading this thread and looks like theres more bcaa's in some of this bulk unflavoured whey saks than the commercial stuff \:D/ Read the first post of this thread and you can download the nutrition values there.

As for making your own shakes, I'd always recommend chucking in the rolled oats, but as for recipies you can find loads around and after some trail and error I'm sure you'll find the one that best suits you and your taste.

I personnaly go with frozen berries (but try to avoid blueberries as the volume of seeds make it a pain when sucking down the dreggs where all my creatine hides). easyYo yogurt (cheap source), Ice, Single scoop / Double scoop of whey depending on pre or post workout, creatine, rolled oats, banana and milk.

But thats just me, by the way, the main tip I can give is to get a decent blender with strong motor and good blades! makes a big difference.

Good luck.

After hearing several people on this site talking about bulk protein, I decided to try some myself. I ordered a 20kg sack of Alacen 895 Instant whey protein isolate - ion exchange from Davis Trading. I was a bit nervious about ordering such a large amount, but that's all they sell. What if I didn't like it? I'd be stuck with a lifetime supply! I was nearly right on that count - I started eating this protein at the beginning of June, probably averaging 3 serves a day. I'm still going today... Nearly there now, though!

The 20kg cost me $468.56 all up, including freight and GST. That's just over $20 a kilo - can't complain about that!

As I recall, Davis Trading were fairly prompt with delivery. The protein came in a big plastic protective wrapping outside a paper sack, which contained a sealed plastic bag of protein. I discarded the two outer layers, tied the top of the inner bag with string, and kept it in a 45L plastic bin (pictured below). This fitted the entire sack perfectly.

So how did it taste? Well, it didn't really. It's unflavoured, so other than a slight milky hint, it's largely tasteless. The real question is: how well did it mix - and again the answer is pretty much: it didn't. Now, to be fair, my mixing test consists of stirring vigorously with a spoon. You might achieve better results from a shaker or blender, but I think my way is easier, and it certainly sorts good powders from bad. Unfortunately, when I tried using a spoon on this powder, it formed enormous sticky clumps on the back of the spoon, and little (if any) seemed to dissolve. You know how cornflour behaves? Well, it was like that, only gluggier and gluier.

Does this mean that this whey is not in fact instantised, as I had assumed the "Instant" mentioned on the invoice indicated? Perhaps someone can explain this...

Anyway, here's how I solved the mixing problem... I "borrowed" my mother's old flour sifter, and sifted together

- enough protein powder to fill a spare tub I had (about 1.8kg)

- one packet of Cadbury drinking chocolate

I'm not sure whether it was the sifting or the cocoa or both, but this vastly improved the mixability. Still not as good as other commercial powders, but miles better nonetheless. It also made it taste nicer, which is always a bonus. :)

On a purely dollars-per-kilo price comparison, this protein wins hands down. But the fact that you have to go to a fair amount of trouble to get a usable product, and that there are no other "goodies" like flavouring, BCAAs, etc, leads me to sum up: If you can afford to buy a better protein, do.

hey there thanks i have been looking for such a thread on bulk powder..

However its still pricey in my opinion.... http://www.trueprotein.com although US prices..the current prices:

Ultra Whey Blend for only $5.00/lb

As Low As: $249.99

thats $350 Nz!

anyways theres the link..theres also a currency converter on the top.

anywyas

whats the cheapest powder now in the bulk?

and the best commercial one? please lol ON is not the best as its so expensive!

but i mean whats the cheapest commercial and bulk??

thanks

IMO WPC is the better option for anyone who can use milk products being more biologically available to the body. It is also cheaper. Perhaps WPI might be better for someone trying to lean out but better still as a blend. Some research seems to suggest casein or a casein blend might be better again. What ever the case I know what I like.

Lecithin is added to many 'instantised' powders. It is an emulsifier and helps with mixing. It also depends what your are mixing it with as solubility becomes a factor in milk as it will have a lower Ksp (it already contains the proteins). Also, WPI is likely to be slightly more soluble as more natural substances that are found in milk are removed.

As far a BCAA's go they're already in the powder; this why whey is preferred over other proteins besides other factors. Powders could be fortified with BCAA's again but then again you could slap anything in there you want; including some 'instantiser'.

Having never worked for supp company I will go out on a limb and say much of the worlds WPC blends as used by supp companies in all there 'wonderful' and 'different' powders are based on Alacan 450. And WPI's being based on Alacen 895 or similar. Don't forget how big Fonterra is.

hey there thanks i have been looking for such a thread on bulk powder..

However its still pricey in my opinion.... http://www.trueprotein.com although US prices..the current prices:

Ultra Whey Blend for only $5.00/lb

As Low As: $249.99

thats $350 Nz!

anyways theres the link..theres also a currency converter on the top.

anywyas

whats the cheapest powder now in the bulk?

and the best commercial one? please lol ON is not the best as its so expensive!

but i mean whats the cheapest commercial and bulk??

thanks

That deal doesn't seem so great mate. $249usd equals about $350NZD, then theres shipping from USA which is NEVER cheap and on top of that MAF won't let non NZ milk products into NZ if they catch it.

I used to get eas 100% whey from nzmuscle which I thought was about the cheapest non bulk deal around. used to get the 5lb tub plus a free little 350gm tub for $100nzd. They still do the 5lb tub for a hundy but have dropped the freebie tub from the deal recently. Still pretty good I reakon.

I'm getting the 20kg fonterra sack next though without a doubt, can't go past that sort of saving can ya? At least not when your on the sort of budget I'm on now! Who needs flavor?

I used to get eas 100% whey from nzmuscle which I thought was about the cheapest non bulk deal around. used to get the 5lb tub plus a free little 350gm tub for $100nzd. They still do the 5lb tub for a hundy but have dropped the freebie tub from the deal recently. Still pretty good I reakon.

I'm getting the 20kg fonterra sack next though without a doubt, can't go past that sort of saving can ya? At least not when your on the sort of budget I'm on now! Who needs flavor?

oh aye how u gna get the fonterra?

process?

how much their current prices?

u gota link?

im lost lol

• 3 months later...

Got my 20 Kgs bulk from davis trading..... this stuff is awesome.....cheap ....easy to mix and bland taste .....Tastes better than the sweet ones filled with additives!!!...love it!

It is about $392 change ....for WPC(including GST).... I dont think delivery is included in that ...

Date:23/03/2010 Auckland

• 10 months later...

One added account of whey protein for seniors is the adaptability to aid abate cartilage reduction. A contempo analysis accomplished at Boston University showed that aged association who captivated baby quantities of protein had a ample abundant accident of cartilage body four abounding years aloof afterwards the activate of the analyze, decidedly in the hip and back areas. A alimentative bistro habits which includes whey protein could possibly abutment abide to accumulate basic and beef tissue counterbalanced and good.

shakeeiweiss

One added account of whey protein for seniors is the adaptability to aid abate cartilage reduction. A contempo analysis accomplished at Boston University showed that aged association who captivated baby quantities of protein had a ample abundant accident of cartilage body four abounding years aloof afterwards the activate of the analyze, decidedly in the hip and back areas. A alimentative bistro habits which includes whey protein could possibly abutment abide to accumulate basic and beef tissue counterbalanced and good.

[MOD EDIT: No spam, please.]

english??

spam??

someone help??