working out to get strong

mageion

Hey im Shane Ive been going to gym for 2 mouths and have been getting some gud results but still not sure if my work out plan is gud. Well this is what I do thew the week.

Mondays: Chest / bench press/flys/seatted press/ push ups/ chin ups

Wendays: Legs and Triceps/ Quads seatted/ back of legs seatted/ leg press/ cuves/ Triceps/ tricep machine/

Friday: Biceps and back/ back work out/ and biceps with dumbells and bicep machine.

So tell me what you think

Cheers Shane

i don't know if having two mouths is going to be to your detriment or not but id use the other to eat more food

Badger wins!

badger-lrg.gif

I found having a separate 'arm' day helped a lot with everything else. If doing biceps and back on the same day, you will fatigue biceps while doing exercises for back. And if you started with biceps (shock horror) then your back pulls won't be as strong.

I have a better back day now as I can focus on just the back, as by the time I got to biceps they were blown and I couldn't give them the intensity they could handle when fresh.

and as TWL said, use that other mouth to make sure you eat more. Food is key. If you don't believe it, try fasting and lifting. oh yeah... Badger wins.

Welcome,

If you have only been training for 2 months and your training for strength you should do a total body training or a push pull split.

Higher frequency will get you stronger much faster as a beginner.

If your doing 3 days per week I would recommend a total body (maybe push pull for a 4 day).

including 5 staple movements and then 2 assitance exercises.

Monday

Heavy 6-8 reps - bench, chins, leg press, seated press, rows (staple)

12 reps DB flys, Lat raises, db shrugs (assitance)

Wed

Light 12 -15 reps bench, chins, leg press, seated press, rows (staple)

12 reps leg curlz, calf raises, leg ext

Fri

Moderate 10 reps bench, chins, leg press, seated press, rows (staple)

12 reps curlz, tri ext, abbs

you may have to sup lat pulldowns or assited chin ups on light days. train hard enjoy the good strength gains.