NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
ohjoshua

Ohjoshua's Intense city, lets ramp it up.

9 hours ago, ohjoshua said:

Obviously your back is not super rounded, I would be more concerned about the bouncing between reps.

Strong though.

Touch and go trying for some speed, bounce a little excessive.

Like I said I'm no expert,  but it almost looks like 2 movements. Hinging at the hips, hips going back slightly almost like an RDL going down. Looked like you were rounding your back slightly and losing tension at the bottom of the reps. Your glutes drop then you squeeze your shoulders back and glutes up.

I've been told to build tension and brace at the start of the rep. I find touch and go reps keep me tight the entire rep. You could try doing a complete reset/pause at the bottom of each rep?

Squat University and Dr John Rusin have some good info and clips on their pages.

12 hours ago, gazza said:

Touch and go trying for some speed, bounce a little excessive.

Like I said I'm no expert,  but it almost looks like 2 movements. Hinging at the hips, hips going back slightly almost like an RDL going down. Looked like you were rounding your back slightly and losing tension at the bottom of the reps. Your glutes drop then you squeeze your shoulders back and glutes up.

I've been told to build tension and brace at the start of the rep. I find touch and go reps keep me tight the entire rep. You could try doing a complete reset/pause at the bottom of each rep?

Squat University and Dr John Rusin have some good info and clips on their pages.

Ok I will give that a try, thanks.

Tuesday

OHP

70kg*5*5

Chin ups

bw*5

12.5kg*4*5

bw*8

Front squats

120kg*1

100kg*5

80kg*8