Ohjoshua's Intense city, lets ramp it up.

ohjoshua

BACK SQUATS.

bar*10 (warm up)

50kg*10 (2nd warm up)

80kg*6 (assit on 6th)

90kg*7 (4halfs+3wholes)

100kg!!!*8 (6halfs+2wholes)

100kg!!! :twisted: *9(8halfs+1whole)

70kg*10 (failure on 8)

-pause set

80kg*7(failure on 3rd)+ re-rack+ pause + 5 assited

Are half squats parallel? Or half of parallel?

my whole squats are slightly below parallel.

my half squats are slightly above parallel.

it doesnt sound like much of a difference, but it is a lot easyer.

well how about an ass to the grass squat for the hard nut stuff.. like squat down till your glutes are hitting your calves ?

then go for overhead squats... hold the loaded bar above your head like you would at the end off a military press and proceede to squat.

Saturday 30/12/06

3/4 dead shrugs.

50kg*10 (warm up)

72.5kg*8 (2nd warm up)

80kg*20 (failure on 9th)

102.6kg*11 (failure on 9th)

102.6kg*7

-drop set

102.6kg*7+80kg*7+50kg*17 (failure on 7th)

90kg*10 (failure at 7th)

-drop set

92.5kg*7+70kg*7+50kg*6

90kg*9 (failure on 7th)

90kg*5

FINISH :)

: was really annoying some guy asked us to finish up even though we are just using a BB! what the f*ck is his problem?

If ATG squats are not enough for you, then congratu-freaking-lations, go find another sport, you're too hardcore. I'm serious, thats your nut breaking exercise.

Of course, I could send you over to a certain coach I know and she'll have you throwing up within 30-40 minutes, but I wouldn't want to put you through that.

SQUAT DAY.

Arse to grass squats -complements of varven.

bar*10 (warm up)

50kg*10

50kg*10

60kg*6

60kg*4

Squats (regular)

72.6kg*4

ATG squats

50kg*5

50kg*3

-pause set-50kg*3+3

50kg*3

Squats

50kg*9

note: trained solo today in the racks. untill my second run of ATG squats where an old guy wanted to jump in. He moved the bar outside the rack to give him more room and said he would spot for me.

when it came time to spot and i slowly ground to a holt.... he left me for like 3 seconds at a stand still... then let me slowly head to the ground... once my arse was resting on the ground he DL'ed the bar off me....

he did this on 3 sets! wtf thats not a spot!

good fun though.

when it came time to spot and i slowly ground to a holt.... he left me for like 3 seconds at a stand still... then let me slowly head to the ground... once my arse was resting on the ground he DL'ed the bar off me....

You should have said something after he did it the first time :?

You should have said something after he did it the first time :?

Or maybe he just liked the idea of your head being 'down there' :pfft:

Weird. Alot of ppl aren't sure how to spot squats -- the proper way to spot a squat is almost like spooning (:pfft:) , so maybe he felt uncomfortable about being real close to you?

Weird. Alot of ppl aren't sure how to spot squats -- the proper way to spot a squat is almost like spooning (:pfft:) , so maybe he felt uncomfortable about being real close to you?

yeah I know the 'hard out' spoting method is quite gay.

but all I needed was a wee lift... either on my lats... or even the bar.

I was only using 50kg, would have been easy to assit.

I just would have sounded like a young know all if i had of tried to tell him how to spot 'properly'. He is an old guy (who is weak) and thinks he know it all.

He is constantly trying to 'correct' my training. "do you know your the only one who trains to failure on squats" thats Bs lots of people do. Its just a different training method.

gggr i hate ignorant ppl.

SQUAT DAY.

Arse to grass squats -complements of varven.

bar*10 (warm up)

50kg*10

50kg*10

60kg*6

60kg*4

Squats (regular)

72.6kg*4

ATG squats

50kg*5

50kg*3

-pause set-50kg*3+3

50kg*3

Squats

50kg*9

note: trained solo today in the racks. untill my second run of ATG squats where an old guy wanted to jump in. He moved the bar outside the rack to give him more room and said he would spot for me.

good fun though.

Its a good start... what about your training buddy... cant he spot you or was he just not around ?

Keep at A2G squats and watch your legs blow up... I could never get my squats deep enough until I started to get Stas and Big Mac to spot me.. the frustration of having every one off my squats failed was enough to make me go deeper :grin:

Friday 5/01/07

Training stu.. and i did some front delts...

he did 6 sets of squats (2 of em 20 reps).*(he did good)

then we did 5 sets flat

and 4sets incline ( 2 sets massive drop sets!) *(wicked burn)

note: the incline bench is real steep... kinda just front delts...

ps.... now it is late sat night. and i am real drunk and stoned (back from my mates 21st) and i have nice sore front delts :)

Jeez give the guy a break isnt he like 17 or something life cant be all gym and work Nothing wrong with cutting loose once in a while .shit judging by his journal he deserves beer :)

thnx, yeah i only get drunk like once a month.

and the odd session never killed any one...

oh and im not 17 im 21.