NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
ohjoshua

Ohjoshua's Intense city, lets ramp it up.

How are you feeling from day to day psychologically?

Do you experience lethargy quite a lot?

Are your sleep patterns consistent every night?

What do you mean by this? and what does Lethargy mean?

How are you feeling from day to day psychologically?

Do you experience lethargy quite a lot?

Are your sleep patterns consistent every night?

What do you mean by this? and what does Lethargy mean?

They are all symptoms of ovetraining which, if you don't have already, won't be far off.

Thursday 30/11/06 AM

BACK-mid

HANGING ROWS (not real name) *(kinda like a chin up but feet hooked up over bar and body hangs below pole)

10*body weight (warm up)

8*bw+10kg (failure on 8th)

8*bw+10kg (failure on 6th)

6*bw+10kg (failure on 4th)

12*bw (failure on 8th)

SINGLE ARM DB ROW

25kg*12 (failure on 10)

30kg*8

30kg*8

-drop set

30kg*6,25kg*6,20kg*10

FACE PULLS

12*66lb (cable)

-drop set

72*6,66*6,60*12

-Ran out of time. will be going back again tonight.

-Ran out of time. will be going back again tonight.

I hope the overtraining doesn't catch up with you before you get there :pfft:

138159085_75ed4fd567_m.jpg

I'll leave you alone now :wink:

Sunday 3/12/06

DEAD LIFT TRAPS. - these are 3/4 range motion dead lifts with a shrug at after i lock out at the top.

40kg*20 (warm up)

60kg*20 (slight assit from 18)

80kg*15 (failure on 11)

100kg*10 (failure on 6th)

100kg*10 (failure on 6th)

80kg*19 (failure from 14th)

-super set

leg curlz + dead lift traps

40lb*20 + 80kg*10(failure on 6th)

50lb*20(plus 3 reps of forced negatives - my tp helps me to pull it up then i resist as he forces it down) + 80kg*10(failure on 5th)]

--WOW awesome pump today. PB with the 100kg DL :)

Monday 4/12/06

CHEST-

DB FLAT BP

20kg*10 (nice heavy warm up)

25kg*9 (failure on 8th)

27.5kg*9 ( 1st and last only half reps)

30kg*6 (failure on 4th)

27.5kg*7 (failure on 6th)

DB DECLINE BP

27.5kg*7 (failure on 5th)

25kg*7 (failure on 6th)

25kg*6 (failure on 5th)

-drop set

25kg*6+20kg*4+15kg*4

SUPER SET- DIPS+BP+FLYS

85kg*6+20kg*3+15kg*3 (wow that was way too heavy on the BP and flys could hardly get any reps out.

SUPER SET- FLYS+DIPS+FLYS

15kg*6+85kg*4+15kg*5(last set of flys was horrible form, but i had the 11kg ready for my second fly set and some moron took them when i was doing dips!)

Finsh.

Tuesday 5/12/06

BACK day

HANGING FEET HOOKED POLL HUGS.

10*body weight (warm up)

16*bw (failure on 14th)

12*bw+11.3kg (failure on 9th)

9*bw+15kg (failure on 7th)

20*bw (failure from 14th) * (wow! TP made me struggle like a bitch on the last two reps) * (i hate him for it, but i love him for it)

UPRIGHT BB ROWS

12*40kg (warm up)

18*60kg (failure on 13th)

10*70kg (failure on 7th)

10*70kg (failure on 6th)

-dropset

6*70kg+5*60kg+10*50kg(failure on 5th)

SINGLE ARMED DB ROWS

25kg*9 (failure on 8th)

25kg*8

-drop set

25kg*8+20kg*6+10kg*10(failure from 6th)

25kg*9+20kg*9(failure on 6th)

NOTE: this was the most energy depleting training session in a long time very draining.

NOTE: (to my over training critics) I make up for the enegry i deplete... to day i have eaten.....

7.30am 3*weat bix + 2 rounded scoops of 80% protein + milk 200ml

9.30am 5*raw eggs + 1 scoop of protein + water 200ml (mmm mush)

10.30am gym session begins

water

11.00am amino acid drink 500ml

water

12.00pm gym session finishes

12.15pm slice of bread + 2 rouned scoops of 80% protein + 300ml water.

Why the raw eggs?

yeah,well

partly- dont want to denature any of the protein with cooking

(i have to cook my steak a little or its very hard to chew)

partly- if every aspect of my life is intense then its easyer to achieve a higher level of intensity in the gym. its all comparitve.

partly- fun, makes me feel like im in a train em up movie :)

FYI

What’s the difference between LIQUID and RAW egg whites?

The human body cannot completely and safely digest a raw egg white so if you like to do the “Rocky Routine” with a raw egg or raw egg white in your drink, you are wasting your time, not to mention the threat of Salmonella.

Avidin, an enzyme found in raw egg whites, blocks the uptake of Vitamin B6 (Biotin) causing a vitamin deficiency. You must cook the egg white to neutralize the Avidin and allow your body to safely digest the protein and utilize all its Amino acids.

100% pure liquid egg whites from Egg Whites International, are cooked, and yet kept in a liquid state. They are heat pasteurized and salmonella tested. The pasteurization process heats the egg white to 134 degrees for 31/2 minutes. This proper temperature kills the salmonella and neutralizes the Avidin without damaging the protein, to allow the egg white to be digested safely by the human body.

When you cook an egg white to the point of scrambled eggs, 150 degrees or more, you are overcooking the protein and denaturing the true value of the protein. Therefore, 100% Pure Liquid Egg Whites are “liquid” but not “raw”, making them the purest and most versatile form of protein, known to man, In The Entire World

That was taken from a post in a US forum I visit.

the guy that posted it knows his shit when it comes to nutrition.

cheers for advice. :)

so i was kinda on the right track about not wanting to denature the protein.

didnt know i was blocking the vit B.

live and learn (if the salmonella doesnt kill me :) )

100% Pure Liquid Egg Whites are “liquid” but not “raw”, making them the purest and most versatile form of protein, known to man, In The Entire World

I've heard that egg whites are the best protein. And yet other places (like here) say that whole eggs give a better protein, and that whey is better still. Anyone know what's correct? Or does it really depend on which product you sell? :P

Tuesday 5/12/06

BACK day

HANGING FEET HOOKED POLL HUGS.

10*body weight (warm up)

16*bw (failure on 14th)

12*bw+11.3kg (failure on 9th)

9*bw+15kg (failure on 7th)

20*bw (failure from 14th) * (wow! TP made me struggle like a bitch on the last two reps) * (i hate him for it, but i love him for it)

UPRIGHT BB ROWS

12*40kg (warm up)

18*60kg (failure on 13th)

10*70kg (failure on 7th)

10*70kg (failure on 6th)

-dropset

6*70kg+5*60kg+10*50kg(failure on 5th)

SINGLE ARMED DB ROWS

25kg*9 (failure on 8th)

25kg*8

-drop set

25kg*8+20kg*6+10kg*10(failure from 6th)

25kg*9+20kg*9(failure on 6th)

NOTE: this was the most energy depleting training session in a long time very draining.

How come you do upright rows on back day? And what are the hanging feet hooked poll hugs?

How come you do upright rows on back day? And what are the hanging feet hooked poll hugs?

1. maybe I am miss using the word 'upright row'.... what i call an upright row is me standing is a squat postion not paraell but quite low. start position- BB held a couple of centermeters off my knee and follows the the line of my leg (never resting on the leg) to my waist.

this actually mainly hits my traps because they are required to staticly hold the weight above my leg at many points.

2. I dont know this real name of this exercise because I 'invented' it.

( dont doubt the fact that other people have used it in the past, but because i came to the conclusion without aid of the perdesors knowledge I dont have to give them credit)

exercise is basicly opposite to a push up.

for this execise a horizontal hanging poll is used.

both hands grip the poll next to each other (fingers linked if you have grip issues).

Then loop both feet arout the poll

you should now be hanging upside down in a position similar to a push up with legs exented as far as possible.

starting position- arms fully extented

end position - your face is pulled up by your arms to your nose is above the poll on the left side of it and your right peck is touching the bottom of the poll.

each rep is done to ulternate sides.

Note: if you like this try my 3/4 dead shrugs (best overall all body mass building exercise) :pfft:

100% Pure Liquid Egg Whites are “liquid” but not “raw”, making them the purest and most versatile form of protein, known to man, In The Entire World

I've heard that egg whites are the best protein. And yet other places (like here) say that whole eggs give a better protein, and that whey is better still. Anyone know what's correct? Or does it really depend on which product you sell? :P

Yeah, its funny how sales people love to drop the 'b' bomb. They can get away with it very easily as long as they dont use specifics.

example.

"whey protein is the 'best' protein source."

Whey protein may be the best fast release protein (more specificly)

but may be inferor to proteins such as calcium casainate before bed, as cc is a slow release protein.

FYI
What’s the difference between LIQUID and RAW egg whites?

The human body cannot completely and safely digest a raw egg white so if you like to do the “Rocky Routine” with a raw egg or raw egg white in your drink, you are wasting your time, not to mention the threat of Salmonella.

Avidin, an enzyme found in raw egg whites, blocks the uptake of Vitamin B6 (Biotin) causing a vitamin deficiency. You must cook the egg white to neutralize the Avidin and allow your body to safely digest the protein and utilize all its Amino acids.

100% pure liquid egg whites from Egg Whites International, are cooked, and yet kept in a liquid state. They are heat pasteurized and salmonella tested. The pasteurization process heats the egg white to 134 degrees for 31/2 minutes. This proper temperature kills the salmonella and neutralizes the Avidin without damaging the protein, to allow the egg white to be digested safely by the human body.

When you cook an egg white to the point of scrambled eggs, 150 degrees or more, you are overcooking the protein and denaturing the true value of the protein. Therefore, 100% Pure Liquid Egg Whites are “liquid” but not “raw”, making them the purest and most versatile form of protein, known to man, In The Entire World

That was taken from a post in a US forum I visit.

the guy that posted it knows his shit when it comes to nutrition.

To me it sounds like he's trying to pimp a supplement more than anything else. Protein is denatured by the HCL in your stomach anyway so trying to save your protein from denaturing isn't the smartest thing to do.

I like my chicken cooked regardless....

To me it sounds like he's trying to pimp a supplement more than anything else. Protein is denatured by the HCL in your stomach anyway so trying to save your protein from denaturing isn't the smartest thing to do.

nice :) good insight. I didnt know that for sure.

i can just remeber when i was at uni we did a protein test on a peice of raw lean steak - it came up with a high protein reading.

then boiled it in a beaker- it came up with almost no protein.

this is because the protein is denatured.

but seeing you say our stomach acid does the same thing. It doesnt apear to matter if its cooked or raw. thnx EU

Not at all - he's not from any supp company - he was trying to clear things up between 2 guys that were argueing about it.

Here's a good read.