Build up to oceania's

Northland Powah

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks OH. I'm having a real bad week with workouts. Strength is way down on last week as if someone stole my muscles over the weekend :( 

I can't be bothered posting my workouts but these were the numbers on my all out sets.

1 x 182.5 and 1 x 195 for deadlift

4 x 120 for bench press

1 x 167.5 for squat.

I may do one more cycle and reset my numbers if nothing changes. I have a deload next week. I'm not sure if I need it or if thats the reason numbers are down......

• 6 months later...

6 months off the weights due to new responsibilities (fatherhood) has ment that I'm starting from scratch again.

i started lifting again about two weeks ago and have made some good progress in squat and deadlift. Bench is still sucky. Weighting about 75 with a pot gut and skinny arms and legs.

in two weeks my lifts have gone like this

squat 150 - 175. 25kg pb

bench 115 - 120. 5kg pb

deadlift 180 - 200. 20kg pb

So 50kg increase in two weeks. Not bad.

training routine at the moment is all about increasing weekly tonnage. I don't have unlimited hours to spend gymming but I'll get in when I can. Thee times this week. 

Well done on the movements of your personal best and on new fatherhood.

Don't worry life does return with some degree of normallity but it is never quite the same. You'll jasu get a bit smarter in your training and fine more can be done in less time.

However its a little more difficult when you have to reconfigure your priorities, but you can do it. Keep it up.

Well done on the movements of your personal best and on new fatherhood.

Don't worry life does return with some degree of normallity but it is never quite the same. You'll jasu get a bit smarter in your training and fine more can be done in less time.

However its a little more difficult when you have to reconfigure your priorities, but you can do it. Keep it up.

Reps. Yes priority shift for sure. But I feel so much better getting some exercise in. 

having a kid sounds shit. ive got a goldfish at my parents house in nelson (in a small outdoor pond) and it just feeds itself and its been there for 15 years or so. every time i go back there (yearly if that) i see it is still there, alive, and im satisfied that im doing a good job looking after it. 

bet youre wishing youd wrapped up now lol

having a kid sounds shit. ive got a goldfish at my parents house in nelson (in a small outdoor pond) and it just feeds itself and its been there for 15 years or so. every time i go back there (yearly if that) i see it is still there, alive, and im satisfied that im doing a good job looking after it. 

bet youre wishing youd wrapped up now lol

Lol should have just got another fuckn cat. But na it's really cool knowing that it's half of my DNA walking around wrecking all my shit. 

Squat

x1 120 140 160 160

x3 140 145 150 140pause

x5 140

Bench

5x5@90kg 

Comments

Still pretty tired from the last couple of training sessions. So today was pretty average. I'm aiming for about 100 reps for both bench and squat above 70% for the week. So, at this rate I'll have to do 5 squat sessions and 4 bench at this rate. Last week I got 96 reps on squat and 90 reps for bench.

deadlifts will be done probably once a week. Or when I feel good.

This was Friday, I didn't lift Thursday or today

squat

120 x 3

140x3

160 x 1

170 x 1

175 x 1

180 x 1 +5 pb 

140 x 3

145 x 3

150 x 3

155 x 3

bench

5 x 5 @ 100

1 x 10 @ 80

comments

pretty happy with the progress on squats and bench this week. I'm planning on getting a squat deadlift sesh tomorrow hopefully. I have to do three 1 day bike rides next week so I might push bench and squats will be a little on the low side.