cheapest protein in NZ

Louis

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

worst mixibility ever.

Sadly, I'd have to agree. Even with a shaker, it all formed clumps and sat on the top.

I ordered a tub of plain vanilla from DFS a while back. They hadn't screwed the lid on properly, it didn't have a foil seal, just the cellophane collar which was all twisted because the lid wasn't on properly, and it had spilt all over the courier bag. And then it tasted like flour anyway. :P

I'd always imagined the point of buying from DFS was to get it cheap and perhaps for purity reasons.

Buying unflavoured means you sidestep the whole additional ingredients and mixability issues. Get a little stevia/drinking chocolate/fruit in there and it's a goal!!! (best read with an English accent and with increasing volume, tempo and pitch :lol: )

They might be sourcing from Tutara company.

I received a 25kg bag from them and the solubility was poor. Slightly higher protein content apparently and cheaper than A450 but it wasn't worth the poor mixing ability.

Sometimes you would mix it in a shaker, when you open the lid powder would explode out of it

Has anyone tried the Whey protein concentrate from evolv supplements? 64 bucks for 2 kg seems pretty good

I'm on my second 3.5kg bag of the Evolv WPC and I reckon it's good stuff. Mixes very easily and has a really mellow taste, so it's easy to drink with water.

Has anyone tried the Whey protein concentrate from evolv supplements? 64 bucks for 2 kg seems pretty good

I'm on my second 3.5kg bag of the Evolv WPC and I reckon it's good stuff. Mixes very easily and has a really mellow taste, so it's easy to drink with water.[/quote

Oh that sounds great, I saw that it came unflavored did you get the flavored mixing powder a swell to make it taste better?

Oh that sounds great, I saw that it came unflavored did you get the flavored mixing powder a swell to make it taste better?

The what? :)

I'm not a fan of paying someone to add stuff to my whey. Chuck in some milo = chocolate flavour. Bang in a banana = banana flavour etc. etc. :pfft: