What the hell is Crossfit?

Katie1309

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite varied, but that's only me looking at the girls listed above.

Miranda had no previous sporting history, except cheerleading in school, and your typical girl goes to gym scenario.

Annie and Camille are/were gymnasts.

Katie hogan comes from a weightlifting background.

Andrea was a track athlete

Kristan clever played basketball in high school and then ran a few marathons before she found crossfit. She's an absolute beast.

Haven't really looked at the guys, but rich froning who is the current 'fittest man' is from a baseball background, And Jason Khalipa is from a gym background.

Chris spealler is another crossfit 'celebrity' I guess, comes from wrestling.

• 2 weeks later...
What about?

about what background would gave the biggest advantage/suited best to crossfit in general.

I found the lighter guys did better than I did (time wise). So a jogging background for endurance would suit. BUt I did better at the strength stuff.

Being younger is an advantage, too...

Though my cardio improved very fast I would gass out before my teenage son. I was stronger but he had endurance and was lighter. I out performed him on lifts and pullups etc, but he would catch up on the runs and over take me... :shifty:

I'm confused - people are paying all this money to do relabeled circuit training ? :? - and if you cant push yourself hard you are in the wrong "sport" - wasting money on some fcuk yelling at you when all you need is a decent training partner with the same desire and mental toughness - It would be better to spend the money with someone to help develop mental fortitude if you don't already have it.

Yet another "trend" that has already been done and will soon pass - *awaiting the return of leg warmers and some hom0 like Richard Simmons telling Obese house wife's they are not fat*

Each to there own though. :D

Not circuit training in the traditional sense James@...

a fad? Maybe, but I think it is here to stay.

If I was a young guy with disposable income, I would do it. $70 a week is nothing if living at home. It isn't bootcamp for fatties with people yelling at you for being a donut eating pieceof shit. It has the same feel as a rugby training session. Heaps of support and team spirit, with a splash of competitiveness.

I returned to free weights and standard BB weight training, as it better suited my goals of mass. I jog weekly, and am happy with being stronger with better looking physique wise, than when I was a universal soldier crossfitter... 8)

Heaps of support and team spirit, with a splash of competitiveness.

Pretty much why I like it :)

We have friendly comps with another crossfit box, we have two challenges running in our box at the moment, we're doing wendler strength, we're also getting our technique sorted on power cleans this month, we are organizing a fundraiser, and sorting out tough guy and girl teams and throwing in some training for that. Oh and we do our met con wods somewhere in there too.

Hardly relabelled circuit training. It's just easier to explain that to noobs who think we spend our time trying to break our backs doing continental cleans.

@James

Ur pretty much saying that all personal trainers are a waste of time and money then with saying if you can't do it yourself your mentally weak... Lol ur an idiot the athletes with the highest level of mental toughness have physical trainers which they pay alot of money... They wouldn't win if they just trained with a mate who "goes hard"... That's a good way to get no where and loose.

And it's not even that expensive dickhead, an unlimited crossfit membership weekly is cheaper than having a 1on1 60minute pt session at Les mills.

@James

Ur pretty much saying that all personal trainers are a waste of time and money then with saying if you can't do it yourself your mentally weak... Lol ur an idiot the athletes with the highest level of mental toughness have physical trainers which they pay alot of money... They wouldn't win if they just trained with a mate who "goes hard"... That's a good way to get no where and loose.

And it's not even that expensive dickhead, an unlimited crossfit membership weekly is cheaper than having a 1on1 60minute pt session at Les mills.

You need to lower your dose fruity :lol:

The fact you can even compare an athlete at the highest level to people in crossfit classes shows how out of touch you really are, though I'm having a good laugh at your stupidity :D

@James

The fact you can even compare an athlete at the highest level to people in crossfit classes shows how out of touch you really are, though I'm having a good laugh at your stupidity :D

Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

@James

back to your hole

also inb4 bant

(maybe not, but should be)