Flu Symptoms

shane

If it's in your chest, you're short of breath or dizzy, or you're still infectious (first half of the cold) then wait until you aren't. Otherwise you can go but you'll prob just have a shitty workout.

I don't train when I'm sick personally but then again I hardly ever get sick. Half a week off or so aint gonna hurt you bro. Best to rest IMO

if it won't screw your workout / infect others then why not... otherwise, rest your ass at home. if you can't fight the temptation to train but still ill then do some bodyweight stuff at home and perhaps some running around.

you really don't wanna jump on the bandwagon of inconsiderate, sick people in the gym. consider that if you infect someone else, they may also infect you back (whether on purpose or not) after you've just recovered, thus increasing your bad training spree.

The only major issue with th flu is cardio-style training or possibly high volume.

The danger is in pushing any infection down into the lungs so I would avoid any exercise that makes you breathe hard. Just go to the gym, spread your goodness, but take it easy

From past knowledge i have been told by several experts that training while having the flu actually takes strain on your heart. Now given you do train when you have the flu and do this regulary, over time you are possibly letting yourself in for weakening your heart. Doing this once every other blue moon will not. I find it a pain in the ass not training when i have the flu but i rather be safe. Now this is how i interpreted it from what they told me but i could be wrong. Either way im not tempting fate.

From past knowledge i have been told by several experts that training while having the flu actually takes strain on your heart. Now given you do train when you have the flu and do this regulary, over time you are possibly letting yourself in for weakening your heart. Doing this once every other blue moon will not. I find it a pain in the ass not training when i have the flu but i rather be safe. Now this is how i interpreted it from what they told me but i could be wrong. Either way im not tempting fate.

To be clear, Im 99% sure OP does not have influenza. Sounds like he has a minor sinus/throat infection.

Now if one really did have a good bout of true influenza, one would not be training...

Annoyingly, the word "flu" is still mistakenly used far too often.

Cold (rhinovirus/streptococcus) =/= flu (influenza)

Man flu on the other hand is another story :pfft: