12 days out

of_wolf_and_man

12 days out already? Man, where has the time gone?!

I'll be honest with you, Wolfie - I think you should really be leaner than you are right now. Having said that, while we can't do anything too dramatic, there's still time to make some good improvements. First of all, what does your diet look like, and are you doing any cardio? Secondly, what's your budget for this comp?

Your posing is definitely getting better. There were competitors at the Nationals yesterday who weren't posing as well as you are, so that's a big plus for you... well done! I've only got two suggestions here:

1) On the side chest pose, arch your back and puff your chest up to make it look even bigger. Keep your back elbow (your left in the photo) down and in - try to close that gap. Squeeze your left bicep into your chest to push it up higher.

2) Bring your side tricep pose round more - we need to see the tricep! Play with it a bit, and try and get your waist as small as possible - that always makes everything else look bigger!

As I say, your other poses are looking damn good. :D

Post some more pics once you've practised this if you want.

thanks pseudo and andrew. yeah i find the side tricep pose really hard to pull off. the side chest still needs a lot of refining but it is indeed one of my favourite poses... out of the compulsaries anyway.

my diet is just the usual you know. the whole low sugar n low carbs thing n try n eat as much protein as i can n stuff. nothing dramatic. next year will be a change though as i will take it MORE seriously. but yeah, im not really happy with where i am right now but hey, all i can do is my best.

started doing cardio as of last week (for like the first time in MONTHS!!!). doing about 20mins before i start lifting and about 10 mins after. i love the 20 min stationary bike before the leg workout! i always feel so awesome after lol

my budget for this comp? just the registration n the entry fee is all i have to say... dont really know what you mean by the question pseudo...

my budget for this comp? just the registration n the entry fee is all i have to say... dont really know what you mean by the question pseudo...

This is what I was thinking when I wrote that... You might be able to make some decent changes in a fortnight by following an extremely low carb, very high protein diet all week, then carbing up at the weekend, back on the diet for most of next week, then carb loading big time a day or two out from the comp. Plenty of cardio and thermogenics too. But you'd need to make sure your diet was high enough in protein to avoid catabolism. That can all get quite expensive.

Anyway, I've changed my mind overnight. You'd have exams coming up soon wouldn't you? Study for them, and don't worry about the comp. Add a bit of cardio and you'll be fine. Enjoy it! :)

(Academically speaking, though... What does everyone else think of the above advice? Could it work?)

I’ll make a small suggestion here …up the cardio!!! 40min in the morning when you wake up (before breakfast) and 40min at night…cut the cardio before your work out down to 10min (use it as a warm up) save that energy for pushing weights!! Then do 20min after your work out …remember cardio doesn’t cost anything to do (apart from time)

im still eating carbs.

be realistic about what your gonna look like. theres less than 2 weeks.

unless u get hold of some illegal stuff u wont get a hell of alot leaner in under 2 weeks. still go hard and enjoy it though

You wouldn't get a hell of alot leaner even ON 'illegal stuff' in two weeks either. Diet is the key wolf - if you can try and bang in a bit more cardio too.

You wouldn't get a hell of alot leaner even ON 'illegal stuff' in two weeks either

well diet wont get u a hell of alot leaner in 2 weeks either. 2 weeks aint a verylong time and besides its more like a week and a half now.

well, it seems the only way to get as lean as possible in 2 weeks would be to up my cardio n eat clean!

no offence, but if u were serious about this comp u would have already been doing this.

well, i thought i was on the right track until i got a couple of injuries from other sports which kept me from training for a few weeks. not meaning to give excuses or anything but yeah. I'm still in the learning stages so im not extremely worries. next year however, (when i have some more experience) i will be finding out EVERYTHING i can to help me be in the best shape.

Next year, Wolfie, start asking us for a critique 12 weeks out. We'll have you posting pics regularly and by competition time, you'll be leaner than you've ever been.

p.s. i wouldnt trash talk people unless u are way better than them and would kick ther ass on stage just my 2c

Personally, I try not to trash talk people at all, regardless of size. :wink: