high blood pressure

tgzerozone

How much have your arms grown?

Make sure they use the correct cuff size for your arm circumference.

Anything above 34cm (13 inches) and you may need to use a large adult blood pressure cuff. The cuffs are generally labelled with the arm circumference they are suitable for. And even though the nurses and doctors should know better, they always grab the standard adult cuff.

They told me for years I had high blood pressure until my then new doctor told me they needed to use a larger cuff. And presto, suddenly I had a normal blood pressure reading.

More info here,

http://www.bloodpressure-drs-practical- ... recuff.htm

120/80 is normal. Distolic pressure is the real issue (the lower number).

I have not really been doing Cardio (I do a very Physical Cardio like job twice a week though, probably not best as it is 5 hours per go low intensity) but think it might be time to introduce this. Thinking of bulking up to 85 kg this year (Currently at 72 kg) and then cutting, and a bigger bulk next year.

how are you going with your cardio now ... my distolic bp is generally high but regulates quickly with some regular cardio. Don't think that because your job is physical it keeps you fit (unless its a cycle courier or something like that) - Also check hydration levels by ensuring your having 3L minimum per day ...

many reasons why - but no real way to know without understanding your routine/nutro/life style etc.

How old are you? If you are young then its not really a problem. most BP related illnesses effect people who are a lot older. If you havent exercised much that is probably why your not in peak physical condition... Starting good exercise and diet is the best cure for all of this and what the doc would tell you to do....

^ repped. Really wouldn't worry bout it bro, blood pressure varies so much from minute to minute even so I wouldn't stress. What most people don't understand is the majority of tests give a snapshot of a particular parameter at one point in time they don't give you the whole picture. Anything can send it soaring, stress, diet, caffeine, exercise, if you were in a hurry to get to the doctors, even if you don't like the feeling of blood gushing through your arm when having your blood pressure taken can affect it. Up your cardio, reduce sodium and drink more water and it will come down.

^ repped. Really wouldn't worry bout it bro, blood pressure varies so much from minute to minute even so I wouldn't stress. What most people don't understand is the majority of tests give a snapshot of a particular parameter at one point in time they don't give you the whole picture. Anything can send it soaring, stress, diet, caffeine, exercise, if you were in a hurry to get to the doctors, even if you don't like the feeling of blood gushing through your arm when having your blood pressure taken can affect it. Up your cardio, reduce sodium and drink more water and it will come down.

Agree, You should see my BP at times 210/100 once but then the next day it was 150/80 and the next 120/80. Mine is called white coat syndrome. It then goes back to normal when at home or work. I can say that now that I am a full RN