THE NATIONALS THREAD!

waldo

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i agree with 2 guns and diamond. those junior guys looked really impressive. but i have to say, if you guys dont mind me saying it, that the teenage guy looked crap! (if he is the one 1st in from the right in the pics). i'm not sure how i'd look on a stage like that but IMO that guy was just plain skinny n didn't pose well n stuff... its just me being crazy but i think i could've taken the title if i was there too... hopefully i can take it next weekend against 2guns' bro and my best mate lol :pfft:

Hey of_wolf_and_man - that's a pretty cheap shot saying the teenage guy "looked crap!". I had a good chat to Ehsan when he competed at the Wellington champs 2 weeks ago and he is a really nice kid, with a great attitude .... and only 15 years old!! Regardless of age, or how someone looks on stage, lets praise ALL competitors for getting up there and doing the business - especially these young people who will be future of the sport of bodybuilding!

of wolf is entitled to his opinion.

i know eshan quite well now.

hea a good guy and think he did well. remember he came second at the pibba show and the teenage calss in tht comp was big.

all those guys must have chickened out which would have pissed me off if i was him.

good on him

That's quite true, 2guns, about it being tough for Ehsan not having any competition last weekend. There's nothing you can do about it, but it is frustrating to win a title "by default". It's happened to me twice, but I've also been in lineups of 10+ competitors 4 times, so you never know what you're going to face.

I also agree that Matthew (Junior winner) looked good. I first saw him compete last year and he seems to have improved his conditioning to compliment the decent amount of muscle he has already developed.

Yes, of_wolf_and_man is entitled to his opinion - but perhaps he might consider being a bit more "constructive" in his criticism ... I'm sure he wouldn't like being told he "looked crap" if and when he gets on stage next week!? That's my opinion - which I'm also entitled to. :)

master tel i wouldnt care if u said whatever u wanted to say. itsd a free world n should anyone say i looked crap, its just tellin me i need to work harder at achieving the best. sometimes constructive criticism isnt the best. say what you will. straight up is how i do it.

Saying someone looks 'Crap' over an Internet forum isn't constructive. If you had said Eshan needs some work on his quads (for want of any bodypart) THAT would be constructive. I think some pro-bodybuilders look terrible, but I certainly wouldn't say it. They get respect for having the balls to get up. At least you are getting up yourself next week. And like Eshan, you are young, and have a long way to go. You young fullas should be working together.

Anyways, as I said before, Eshan had managed to get a couple of 'young lovelies' into his car during the night show. He gets immense kudos for that! You too will get the same if you can manage the same achievement!

Eshan had managed to get a couple of 'young lovelies' into his car during the night show. He gets immense kudos for that! You too will get the same if you can manage the same achievement

hahaha yeah of wolf we will see if u can pull this off next weekend :pfft:

and chill out abit bro like waldo said u should encourage each other, im sure u could both learn abit from each other weather it be training or pulling chicks :pfft:

master tel i wouldnt care if u said whatever u wanted to say. itsd a free world n should anyone say i looked crap, its just tellin me i need to work harder at achieving the best. sometimes constructive criticism isnt the best. say what you will. straight up is how i do it.

Saying someone looks 'Crap' over an Internet forum isn't constructive. If you had said Eshan needs some work on his quads (for want of any bodypart) THAT would be constructive. I think some pro-bodybuilders look terrible, but I certainly wouldn't say it. They get respect for having the balls to get up. At least you are getting up yourself next week. And like Eshan, you are young, and have a long way to go. You young fullas should be working together.

Anyways, as I said before, Eshan had managed to get a couple of 'young lovelies' into his car during the night show. He gets immense kudos for that! You too will get the same if you can manage the same achievement!

Well said, it's one thing saying someone looked crap, but come on the guy is 15, he put in a lot of hard work & it takes a lot of balls to get up in front of a packed hall like that, knowing that not just the judges are judging you.

Bodybuilding in NZ is a small close knit bunch of people & when starting off weall need as much encouragment as we can get, these young guys are the future of BB for NZ!

I know of_wolf_and_man that you're dieting so I'm going to just put it down to that. There are much nicer ways to say what you did as waldo pointed out.

Oh well, that's my rant for the week :pfft:

i see everyon'es point and i apologise for being so blunt. and i have no doubt that he's a good guy and trains really hard to achieve so big ups for that.

as for gettin them ladies into the car... not for me.. im already taken so my missus would kill me if i took off with other girls LOL

i see everyon'es point and i apologise for being so blunt. and i have no doubt that he's a good guy and trains really hard to achieve so big ups for that.

as for gettin them ladies into the car... not for me.. im already taken so my missus would kill me if i took off with other girls LOL

You never know, your missus might be into it!

I went to both shows for NZFBB Nationals and it was a good turn out, huge number of athletes so congrats on that! The quality of the figure women I felt was of average if not poor standard. Physique women saw some potential for these class' and was good turn out. Physique men line-ups were really good and I thought good standard and quality. What was with Grant P doing a runner and not finishing his heavy weight class? Also Salah lookd OK and poor excuse though that he just wanted to win his class and that was it, maybe somethng to do with TESTING!!. Personally winning an Overall is the ultimate for an athlete so to run away from competition is rather pathetic and Mike K would have beaten him anyway and he knew it! Salah did do a good job at getting his body fat down but I thnk lost some muscle in the process. Jacki Jarret looked good in the womens physique and i thought she might have had that Overall but Jo Stewart somehow came back looking better at the night show, morning show she looked run down and smooth. Ra Paku looked great and once she gets that conditioning right LOOK out, serious guns!! There were girls who looked great for Figure in the Bodyfitness so that was disappointing as they would have taken figure titles and upped standard on the day. All and all it was a good turnout and the day ran smoothly! :lol:

turned out salas number was on the drug testing list. so what he did was a good move i think. and one i would have done myself if a 2 year ban and lots of bad publicity was almost guaranteed. at least he did his class as opposed to grant, but i suppose they have their reasons... :roll:

I had thought all class winners were supposed to be drug tested as a matter of routine? I can't find this in the NZFBB rules though. Can anyone confirm this, or am I quite wrong?

it seems the drug testing people wait till after the overall contenders come off stage and pick who they want then.

good for people who dont wanna be tested lol.

i think this could change if they get to many people "running away" :pfft:

Drug Free NZ (ex NZSDA) do the testing at NZFBB events and they decide who and how many people get tested. Ideally all class winners should be tested at the very least, but due to the significant cost of each test (approx $700 apparently) - which Drug Free NZ pay for through funding, they understandably have to be conservative with the number of tests they do.

2guns - I can't see that there is anything funny or clever about someone skipping out of a test. I'm not suggesting that Salah ran off intentionally to avoid a test. But consider a scenario where someone does avoid a test after winning their class, because they know they will fail it: that person has cheated their way to a title and deprived the other competitors a higher placing, especially the person who finishes 2nd who rightfully should have won the title. This also applies to those who fail tests - unless the person who finishes 2nd is also tested at the same event, they can't claim the title. This has happened far too often in recent years and it is very unfair on those competitors who abide by the rules and get ripped off by others who deliberately cheat.