BSN Syntha 6

bored so review time.

Chocolate Milkshake

Serving Size: 1 rounded scoop 44g

Calories 200

Total Fat 6g

Total Carbohydrate 14g

Protein 22g

Taste: Tastes quite milky. Not as sickly sweet as Myofusion (which smells like Cadbury drinking chocolate when you open it) more palatable for everyday use. Always a good one to fall back on.

Texture: Nice and smooth - as with all Syntha-6 (must be all the carbs haha)

Solubility: Mixes extremely easily - I find Myofusion shit to mix so if thats a 6/10 this is easily a 9/10

Side-Effects: None (not like myo-poosion)

Overall: 9/10 never does fail me

Chocolate Peanut Butter

Calories 200

Total Fat 6g

Total Carbohydrate 15g

Protein 22g

Taste: Thought I was going to LOVE this flavour but was imagining reece's peanut butter cups and got more ETA peanutbutter and chocolate chips taste. While its not bad, PVL (remember them) did it SO much better. However would still rank it up there taste wise, not exactly hard to drink.

Texture: Nice (as above)

Solubility: Great (as above)

Side-Effects: None

Overall: 7/10

Chocolate Mint

Calories 200

Total Fat 6g

Total Carbohydrate 14g

Protein 22g

Taste: Yum, very refreshing, similar to Aero mint chocolate bars but not as minty. If you like mint and choc definitely get this you will not be disappointed! I would get this again before the peanut-butter choc because it's that nice.

Texture: Nice (as above)

Solubility: Great (as above)

Side-Effects: None

Overall: 8.5/10 (only .5 less than chocolate because I am bias because I love choc-mint)

Cost Effectiveness?

$99 for a 5lbr of Choc Milkshake this weekend at Xtreme Nutrition, otherwise $120 instore usually.

Choc mint and Peanutbutter Choc I brought off iherb, ordered Friday night, came Thursday arvo. Brought 2x 2.91lbs cost me (US$37.87ea) (NZD$45ea) $90 for 2.6kg (+ postage but it is not that much when you buy other stuff which i did).

$90/60(serves approx) = $1.50 per serve. A tad more expensive, and if you are cutting carbs I would say choose something else, but I find they do the trick for my goals at the moment.

BSN please sponsor me one day. Damn UFC fighters got it good.

• 1 month later...

Great review! Syntha-6 is amazing tasting, but if you want great taste why not just have milo :roll:

IMHO syntha-6 is primarily concentrate then mixes after that, it's $120 for a 5lb(sometimes can get it for $100 at xtreme),and imo doesnt seem worth it.

most protein powders now do taste great(apart from gold standard,tastes so watery!)so i wouldn't be paying an extra $30 for a protein that isnt worth the extra money. The reason its more expensive is the fancy label and numerous ad's in muscle mags.

stick to a isolate which is cheaper.

Sorry to rain on your great review! syntha-6 does taste great, i just dont see the need to spend so much on a concentrate mix.

i use syntha-6

i dnt mind paying extra for something decent tasting and with good solubility... i cant stand that horibble cheap gluggy shit and the other shit where i have to hold my nose when i drink it.

if i was drinking coke and eating sherbert and fast food all day i wouldnt give a shit but i eat relatively clean so having a nice tasting protein shake is important to me.

had chocolate the last few months was really good, just got given a strawbery one and its pretty good, choc better tho imo.