Myofusion cookies and cream,laxatives?

vracula

Ok not exactly a review but ill get it out of the way and get to the main problem

review with water

Taste : tastes like cookies and cream,but I have have had better before,it's almost there,but leans more towards cookies than a creamy taste.Probably taste better in milk

consistency: thick sludge like consistency,very filling.

profile: wonder what goes in these shakes 36 gms scoop and only 25gms protein,a mixed profile of slow and fast proteins,however tests found elsewhere rate it at actually 21 gms per scoop and whey concentrate making like 80 to 90% of the protein profile.It's got a bit of ClA ,some fibre and shit loads of all kinda glucose polymers.

some folks swear by It ,I think it's overated for 109 bucks,but its tastes good,atleast the chocolate did,I bought that from nzmuscle.enjoyed the 5 pound tub and then started looking online for buying a cookie and cream flavored protein as i really like the flavour.

so i bought one from nutritiondeals.co.nz they got this 1 day deal kinda setup.89bucks ,myofusion ,cookies and cream all good!!! not really.

the stuff gives me the runs likes nobody's business,i have never had this sort of reaction from a whey protein before,checked the expiry date and it was aug 2013 ,plenty of time.I thought i had suddenly become lactose intolerant,luckily i had some ON 100% vanilla left and tried that no reaction.

Has to be the myofusion.

put up with it for 5 days thinking my body will adjust ,no luck I started dreading taking my whey shake,first it was the sides from supper dump and now from myoofusion ,makes me wonder what gaspari put in their whey shakes.

have emailed nutritiondeals and hopefully get a a refund or a swap,i cant take it anymore.will keep this updated on how the situation unfolds.

thoughts?

What type of whey has the ON got in it...

I find different ones like WPC , WPI , Egg protein powder , or caesin give me different stomach reactions.... lol.

The worst reaction I have had to pro powders are when they contain "Milk protein" most of the actual refined whey or caesin proteins are okay for me, WPC being probably the worst out of the three.

I also find it worse when I combine protein and certain carbs together... So have you changed what you're having it with aswell?

What type of whey has the ON got in it...

I find different ones like WPC , WPI , Egg protein powder , or caesin give me different stomach reactions.... lol.

The worst reaction I have had to pro powders are when they contain "Milk protein" most of the actual refined whey or caesin proteins are okay for me, WPC being probably the worst out of the three.

I also find it worse when I combine protein and certain carbs together... So have you changed what you're having it with aswell?

nah just water ,I have had the chocolate and strawberry and cream before without any issues.

Yeah I've got the exact same protein, haven't found it too bad really compared to other proteins re: gut issues.

Worst I've had for that is Ultimate protein, tastes great but one scoop sends me to the throne :x There's half a tub I haven't touched since mid last year sitting in my kitchen for that very reason.

Nasty stuff aside, I was given a tub of Clutch protein for xmas, also cookies and cream. Tastes better than the myofusion IMHO, and don't get the same, err, reaction from it.

thats so wierd man, i would definatley say you got a bad tub / batch.. or maybe something in that flavouring thats doesnt go down well with your system. have had c&c myo with no issues.

also for future reference, Myofusion is on some kind of 'always on sale' thing at bb.co.nz (http://www.bodybuilding.co.nz/myofusion ... spari.html) - 5lb tub at $90 ... then take further 7% away from their monthly discount promo things.

Maybe find the diff ingredients for the different flavours, old tub or maybe a mates got the other flavour, or someone from here post it up, maybe you'll be able to see what it is that's different in it and be able to avoid it in the future...

That's how I found out "Milk protein" was a no no!!

Hi Vracula. I have just had the exact problem with my recent tub of Myo (vanilla flavour) giving me bad gas and cramps. Now i have used myofusion many times before without any trouble what so ever. Had recently gone through 4kg of venom isolate with no trouble then instant problems withn the myo. Now the only new thing i have noticed is that it now has whey hydro-isolate added where as it didnt before. Unfortunately im no expert on digestion etc but thought there could be a link.

• 2 weeks later...

sent them an angry email just a warning for those who might buy from nutritiondeals.co.nz ,the customer is shite,the guy who i was speaking to actually wors for xtremenutrition.co.nz so dont know what the realtionship is or if it is indeed xtremenutrition ,but the utterly small saving is not worth dealing with them.

About 2/3rd through my myofusion cookies and cream...

It did give me the runners in the first week of use... but I guess my body adapted... got mine from punch supplements in Takapuna though...

The one thing I can't stand really is the taste. I was on Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein before then... so the taste change was terrible.... but I could not take it back cause it was such an investment... so I am gritting my teeth through it... it is a shame cause the shakes should be your high point u know... :)

Anyway, I am never buying it again...

Thank you for sharing... nice to know it is just not me.

• 11 months later...

Afternoon,

i brought myofusion Cookies and cream product on Friday, and took it with low fat Milk (1scoop 300mls low fat) i love this stuff taste good mixed well, and i had no problems, - love it how they have small choccy pieces nom nom nom

looking foward trying it today with Water and see how it tastes ... and see if i get any side effect with water.....

A lot of old version myo going around at the mo on the likes of nutrition deals and daily supps websites. It's not good stuff hence the cheap prices. Gotta try get rid of it somehow but I wont be buying it no matter how cheap it gets.

That latest version of myo is great though. Awesome taste and no runs etc. worth paying an extra few dollars for

sent them an angry email just a warning for those who might buy from nutritiondeals.co.nz ,the customer is shite,the guy who i was speaking to actually wors for xtremenutrition.co.nz so dont know what the realtionship is or if it is indeed xtremenutrition ,but the utterly small saving is not worth dealing with them.

Yeah mate there is a link there for sure. Dailysupps too.

Edit - just saw the date and didn't realise was that old.

i feel bad for you losers

i use ON and it's good stuff

takes at least a couple tubs to get sick of that cappucino flavour imo

humm really? i might take a look i just asked the guy what i wanted to do i use to use which was lean shot for a while in fact bout 3 yrs so this is my second different brand, and the guy told me about myo fusion which i did get about it, and i love it each do there own.... but ill take a look at ON tho review it and see...

I bought a 5 lb tub of that cookies and cream...Was on special offer at mysupps for $69 with free delivery...Shit wot a bargain...Three days into it and taking 5 scoops aday and Holy Hell..most of the day farting and serious shits with stomach sounding like its about to give birth to a freeking alien..Full of praise for other Gaspari products though..Might mix it with another powder just to use it up. :oops: