Bodyfat %

joey pineapples

I'm not too bothered on the legs side of things, as it gets too hard to find clothes for my waist size. I also do a lot of running, so I don't like killing them the same as my upper body. In saying that I love squats and deads, but not too sure how good they are for me as I'm quite tall.

'nuff said.

Not as bad as I was expecting re: Quad size!

But would change my guess to 12% as you seem to store more on your legs than upper body. Suggest you get calipers done to find out roughly what you are - people store BF differently, e.g. my friend who has abs at 12% but has fat on his back n tri's, whereas I'm down below 8 before I remotely have any abs showing.

Yeh I used to be obese around 140kg and the fat has never quite gone from my legs. I'm not even sure how to diet for that and was wondering if it is left over hormonal fat storage, cause it's damn hard to lose.

I doubt its that? People just have different "stubborn areas", tho I'm sure a naturopath will tell you its hormonal (or blood type based or similar shit).

Just keep the BF coming off slowly and steadily and it'll go in the end! Looks like you know how to do that - well done on coming done from 140. :clap:

I'm not too bothered on the legs side of things, as it gets too hard to find clothes for my waist size. I also do a lot of running, so I don't like killing them the same as my upper body. In saying that I love squats and deads, but not too sure how good they are for me as I'm quite tall.

Whatever you need to tell yourself...

Dude, train legs, don't be an idiot. Running does not build legs. Long periods of cardiovascular activity sends your body into a catabolic state, and therefore does the opposite. Your body doesn't need the muscle and basically eats itself away.

Oh and also, FUN FACT!: People who train legs and not upper body are more likely to die via stiffened arteries.

Who has bigger legs? Hamish Carter or Jay Cutler. Kthx

And also, 13ish%

Sorry about that maybe I should of made myself a bit clearer. I do train legs, dead (mostly lower back though) is at 160kg at the moment and squats around 140kg. Also, when I said I'm not not that bothered on the legs, I was talking about their size and proportion as I already know they need to improve. I was wanting some observation on my upper body proportion, to see if I need to target any muscle groups.

I always thought fat deposits were hormonal? Hence why men and woman store in different places. Also I thought the fatter you are the more estrogen you produce. I'm usually always wrong though. :)

My naturopath also told me squats are bad for my height because they limit the natural flow of my chi and that I should be taking dandelion mixed with ginger tea after training instead of whey/simple carbs to recover :wink:

I always thought fat deposits were hormonal? Hence why men and woman store in different places. Also I thought the fatter you are the more estrogen you produce. I'm usually always wrong though. :)

No, I think this time you're right. Higher estrogen can predispose you to storing more fat on the legs, whereas people with lower estrogen levels tend to store it more around their midsection. Or so I understood. I'm struggling to find an article that backs this up, now that I want it.

No, I think this time you're right. Higher estrogen can predispose you to storing more fat on the legs, whereas people with lower estrogen levels tend to store it more around their midsection. Or so I understood. I'm struggling to find an article that backs this up, now that I want it.

wow interesting lol.

• 4 weeks later...

4 weeks progress, 2 weeks on Smorlov jr for bench (idea from Rod-dog's training post) currently at 130kg and aiming for 140 for 5 reps. Deads have gone up to 180kg and squats are around 150kg, both of which I want at 200kg by the end of the year.

Funny thing is though I've stopped running, concentrated on lifting and lost 3kg. A little bit puzzled by this, maybe the cardio made me hold more water or something, I cant work it out.

post-8768-1416682378605_thumb.png

• 2 months later...

damn interesting would like to hear more info i can get down to 8-9% and still have a F***** muffin top and a shredded serratus da faq?

If you wanted to improve something id say shoulder size- front delts look developed but not the side delts
Think your right there, side delts are lagging, been working on them quite a bit, think my lats are a bit small too.

I'm sure some fat deposits are hormonal? what about gyno? I have the same problem with the muffin tops there's a little pocket of fat that just wont go, I'm below 10% at the moment and they are still there, it's starting to get frustrating.