NABBA NH Champs

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey paul,

Pretty pleased with my result for my first competition - won my class (novice physique) and also got the chance to get on stage with Jamie for the overalls (unfortunately i had to stand right next to him) all in all a great experience.

Of wolf, I think I was competitor # 26 (i was so dehydrated i can't really remember LOL)

Congratulations samoan_muscle, 2guns, geneticgod and of_wolf_and_man for your performance last weekend. There are some good pics on the gofigure site and you all looked in great shape!

Yes, Jamie Cameron certainly looks impressive in those photos. A bit surprising he only prepared for this final show of the year - or is he planning on doing the NABBA Universe next month?

Of wolf, I think I was competitor # 26 (i was so dehydrated i can't really remember LOL)

did you compete with that guy with the guy with the funky hair? if you are who i think i am, you looked real big man. that other guy was more cut up and lean and that but you totally had the size advantage over him ay. (im not saying that you were just big n bulky btw, you had bothe size and muscle)

congrats for taking out your class again

that other guy was more cut up and lean and that but you totally had the size advantage over him ay

yeah he had the size but this was probably a difficult decision for the judges...?

i didnt see the pre judging as i left after my class to go to my pizza hutt :pfft:

but saw the night show... maybe u had smoothed out a bit SM? i know i had after pizza and powerades

i agree with 2guns on that one. i'd hate to be judging that class....

is it me or do other people think that Simon Kelly didn't look as impressive? i mean, the guy is huge and all that but i think he should've looked leaner or better. standing next to jamie cameron prob didnt help but i think Simon wasn't totally great. however, he looked much leaner and better overall in the night show compared to the morning show... wonder what he did during the day break?

Pretty pleased with my result for my first competition - won my class (novice physique)

sm u are a big guy, i think u have good potential, how old are u? oviously over 23..

nah i turned 21 a few days b4 the comp....

Didn't quite get my condidtioning down packed i know but yeah - you live and learn i suppose. Learn't heaps about my body getting ready for this show and will definately condition better nxt time....

Yep definately couldn't hold my condition over the day and made the big mistake of getting too dehydatred. I was harder and looked leaner in the prejudging and as you said 2guns I'd smoothed out and was pretty flat by the night...popping another diuretic and drinking zilch in between was a stupid thing to do i found out hahaha...

well Done SM,Hope u Enjoy eating I havent stopped its been almost 3 weeks :)

hey bro - enjoying eating for sure mate - i'm eating everything under the sun at the moment haha. Living it up for sure - gonna try and clean it up tomorrow but somehow i don't think it's gonna happen LOL.

I'm having the meanest water retention problems @ the moment ae - ankles, fingaz and wrists have swollen up something chronic - if you were to see me now you wudnt think I had just competed 3 days ago haha.

Hey did i met you in taka a couple of weeks ago and think you were getting ready 4 the nats?

bro i want shredded. different people do the show for different reasons, probably to qulaify or for fun others want to win.

personally i did it just to qualify as getting ripped can be qutie expenisve and take alot of effort with diet etc. i dont haver time for this at the moment, but will later in year

Pretty pleased with my result for my first competition - won my class (novice physique) and also got the chance to get on stage with Jamie for the overalls (unfortunately i had to stand right next to him) all in all a great experience.

Hey there samoan muscle,

were you the dude with a tatto band round each arm and the funky haircut?

if so i think i know who you are, you looked great, spec for your first comp, congrats on the win man! :wink:

Who didn't look small compared to Jaime :? but everyone in the overalls was really impressive, no one looked really out of place!!

Congrats

You gonna compete in the nationals since you got your 'card' so to speak?

GGod -

nah that was my training partner peni - yep he did look good ae - it was his first competition too - he just switched over from pro boxing.

I won the tall class novice.

2guns - I had contemplated it but I really didn't see the point . Now this is just my opinion ---- but why compete in junior men when you have a novice physique?

but why compete in junior men when you have a novice physique?

i think the junior class and novice classes are usually pretty close in alot of cases.

sometimes i wish i had of gone for novice because id like to compete against more competitiors.

but ive chosen to stay in junior till my time is up because in 2 years i want to go to the nabba universe and compete in the junior class (ill be 22 and itll be my last year as junior) i think in 2 years i would have a good chance over there in this class.

would have liked to have seen the scoring sheets for the overalls.

but why compete in junior men when you have a novice physique?

i think the junior class and novice classes are usually pretty close in alot of cases.

sometimes i wish i had of gone for novice because id like to compete against more competitiors.

but ive chosen to stay in junior till my time is up because in 2 years i want to go to the nabba universe and compete in the junior class (ill be 22 and itll be my last year as junior) i think in 2 years i would have a good chance over there in this class.

would have liked to have seen the scoring sheets for the overalls.

Yeah - if more guys who qualify to compete as a junior, competed as juniors it would make the class alot more competitive (guilty LOL).

Hey but i think you can still compete at the universe as a junior even if you have competed in another class at home. I know of another guy who competed in open mens class this year who was asked to go to the universe as a junior by nabba nz, unfortunately he had just turned 23.