NABBA NH Champs

I may be a little ahead of myself here but this is the show i wanted to do at the end of last year, but it looks like i'm gonna be doing it this year! and since im only 17, that means i can still compete in the Teenager class so that i dont get owned by dudes like 2guns.

Since this is a NABBA show i assume it will be different (more serious) than a Club Physical show. so, what's a NABBA show like?

and who here is going to do the NH show? 2 guns, are u doing this one for certain?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey there mate,

yeah i am definetly doing it to qualify. have started my diet/leaning up already, should look alot better than counties, not holding as much water etc and be alot harder... i hope... :pfft:

although nationals next year is the number one aim.

nabba shows are really good from my experience and the nrth harbour last year was good. yeah i think u should go for it. if your entering teenage u will have at least one competitior i know of who is entering. will be a good show.

cant wait!

yeah im gonna do it and my best mate is gonna enter it with me so theres a bit of rivalry there too lol. his mum has this friend who's super fit and everything, won a lot of comps and she has a LOT of experience so we're gettin her to help us out so im hopin we'll be well prepared for it. so whos this other competitor u speak of? is your brother gonna start competing as well 2guns? (and do u still train with barb wheeler?)

yeah my bro is doing the north harbour, he will be in same class as you. hes only just started preparing so hes got 4 weeks. hes doing same thing as me, he should look alright, he is big enough but just needs to stick to cardio and diet.

no, i dont train with barbara.

i left that gym.

Going for the novice this time round?

no, if i did this i wouldnt be eligable for junior again (someone correct me if im wrong)

i still have 3 years in junior so may as well make the most of it. then after junior ill have my year in novice.

so in 4 years i will definitly be ready for open :wink:

so where do you train now 2guns? last time i saw your bro he was lookin quite big and if he's been training with u all along then he'll prob take it out cuz im not that big/cut up and my mates roughly the same as me... dammit... it sux when you're small... :?

what are you like at this moment in terms of weight n bf% and all that?

im at les mills, i left westwave on bad terms :pfft:

not sure of bodyfat veins in delts are coming out abit so wont be very high i wouldnt think. and i weigh around 87 - 89kg varies on different days and at different times you know..

yeah he has been training with me he looks good for 16. you look leaner than him but i think he is a lil bigger though... but just see what everyone looks like in 4 weeks aye, thats all that matters :)

• 2 weeks later...
is your brother going to put any more progress pics up before the comp or do we have to wait to see our competition?

na no point now its only a week away.

hes looking pretty big and stripping down well (79kg) he was 84kg 4 weeks ago. almost as big as me haha i feel shamed :pfft:

when he drops his water, tans up and gets a pump on hell be looking wicked for teenage.

hes looking pretty big and stripping down well (79kg) he was 84kg 4 weeks ago. almost as big as me haha i feel shamed :pfft:

when he drops his water, tans up and gets a pump on hell be looking wicked for teenage.

man he sounds like hes gonna take it out aye but it'll be a fun comp.

Im lookking foward to it man, im getting real stolked, i gotta cut down more im holding to much fat. Is your brother going to base coat protan and then dream tan just before the comp?

well im doing it for sure now. i thought why not at least then come next year im already qualified (asuming i get a place) if i decide to compete.

ok tan hers what im gonna do and do for my brother, use phil kabbakoff base colour in white bottle (not sure of the name) two coats friday night and one saturday (most people will say thursaday night as well), but we have work and school and dont wanna look like idiots :pfft: ok and then one coat early on sat morning before i eat. this stuff is quick to dry. then before i leave for the show ill use the tanning creame what ever one u end up getting and apply this then wear loose clothing to the show. then when u get to show u jst need someone to touch u up before u start pumping up.

i recomend this for u as u dont wanna be getting to the show in the morning with no tan on.

reason for this: as your in teenage men most likely u wil be one of the first classes on if not the first. and nabba shows ive been to run late. mostly because of the idiots that turn up late and wanna register etc so briefing id suppose to be at 9 say it ends up strating at 9.30 then they say ok first class has to be on in 15 mins.

this is barely enough time to pump up let alone get tanned as well.

hope this helps, because you dont wanna be panicking and rushing like i have on a few occasions lol

so you recommend that (if im using dream tan) that i just get all tanned up in the morning and then come to the show with it on?

i was planning on gettin there normally, get brifed and all, then get tanned up as soon as briefing finished. now you've scared me 2guns lol. and what about after the morning show? i dont know about protan users or any undercoats but if im just using dream tan, it'd perfectly ok just to have a shower after the show, then come again at nighte n get tanned again?

enlighten us with your knowledge 2guns :grin:

(im not using any base coats like protan or whatever since im not as white as genetic god or you 2guns... not meaning to sound like a dick or anything)

yeah im white to the bone bro haha.

sure u can just turn up untanned with nothing and do it that way

1. youll need more dream tan as a base coat lets u get away with using less tanning cream.

2. u may be rushed for time like i said but thats only a maybe depends on lots of things...

and yes thats what i am gonna do for me and my bro, get fully tanned before we leave for the show and just wear loose clothing, we will just need to touch up a little bit. some people use hair spray im not sure what this does ??? is it to set the tan? ill find out more bout this and babyoil during the week.

your other querie, yeah ive turned up white to a show and just applyed drem tan and thats it and i looked good but i just prefer now to not have to rush and i can just chill out before i need to get pumped and not have to run around like a headless chicken trying to get tanned up especially if your going to be first up.

and i dont have a shower in between the prejudging and night shows, i f u have alot of tan and can be bothered then yeah y not. but i just hack feling like shit for the few hours in between haha cause when your hanging round home with tan all over u u cant do much. normally just put old sheet on bed and go sleep :lol:

Here’s a little tanning advice …morning of the show at about 7am put on a coat (just 1) of Pro Tan ONE COAT Bronzing Mousse (get a friend to help) don’t get to picky with it if it has some streaks, this stuff dries really fast into your skin 20min after applying you can chuck some cloths on, then at the comp back stage put the dream tan on, as you will be one of the first classes on get back stage straight away and get tanning… apply a good heavy coat of dream tan as per directions (again get someone to help) after applying it use a small paint roller to roll over it (if it’s a new roller cover it with a coat of dream tan first and work it into the sponge) then spray over it with hair spray this will help “set” the dream tan …after the morning show don’t wipe the tanner off just chuck some loose clothing on over the top that way at the night show you should only need to do a bit of a touch up to the tan…good luck :D

2guns just reminded me of a good tip another competitor told me... If you're trying not to spend a fortune on tanning, go to Foodtown and use the Signature Range Dark tanner. It's really cheap, but one/two coats of that will provide an excellent base colour. Then just apply Dreamtan or similar on top.