Shoulders

Katie1309

K so doing pump x 2 a week and yoga x 2 or mixture thereof.....but the evasive shoulder definition is what I want! Saw a chick in gym today who has exactly what I want. Not too big but fit and athletic. Even when relaxed. I have a set of 5kg's at home - should I just hammer them every day??

Hmmm - yes, true, anyone can work on a weak spot...just ask the "chest-and-arm" boys who only train the beach muscles :)

Pump won't do it, tho... the rep-range is huge/weight is light, when compared to eg the Body For Life set/rep range...

A programme on your off days that emphasises delts (all three heads, anterior/medial/posterior) could achieve muscle growth, but often "the look" is a combination of size and leanness. And that, like Opti says, is exercise AND diet.

For exercise - heaps of options: three sets of 21s (supersets of seven reps of front raise/ side raise/ rear delt flies), and some upright row, clean and press.

If you wanna grow your shoulders but they are stubborn I've found a combination of Heavy presses 4 - 6 reps to failure and really high rep light burn work 30 - 40 rep range drop sets (yes I'm crazy) on separate days works for me.

I think maybe a combination of diet to lose bodyfat and bringing up the muscle so its a bit bigger would make them pop a bit more kind of like what you are describing, but just try out the sugggestions on here and maybe they'll work for you!

Good luck achieving what you wanna see!

If you wanna grow your shoulders but they are stubborn I've found a combination of Heavy presses 4 - 6 reps to failure and really high rep light burn work 30 - 40 rep range drop sets (yes I'm crazy) on separate days works for me.

I think maybe a combination of diet to lose bodyfat and bringing up the muscle so its a bit bigger would make them pop a bit more kind of like what you are describing, but just try out the sugggestions on here and maybe they'll work for you!

Good luck achieving what you wanna see!

^this not enough females want to do heavy presses or heavy weights in general because of the misconception that they will get bulky but would actually help you acheive that hard toned look that combined with cardio and a good diet and you would lose the fat and look nice and defined

Since I have been doing Dips I have noticed a significant increase in shoulder muscularity. I started off not even being able to hold my own bodyweight. lol

Like triceps dips?? How??

You should have parallel bars at the gym to do them on- here is Kroc doing unassisted FAST dips so you get the idea...

Here is assisted dips with a band, you can start with a thick strong band and work your way down to a thinner band then onto BW without a band THEN you can start doing weighted dips 8)

RE: heavy presses for shoulders, military press, Over head press, DB press ANY type of over head press, as heavy as you can go,try either upping the weight every week or doing more reps. USE HEAVY weights not 5kg dumbells they will do nothing!

• 2 weeks later...

It also expendes alot of energy/calories so like crossfit is great.

It's funny though, most crossfit coaches diss Pump.

I teach Pump and do crossfit, and I'm slooooowly seeing definition starting to form in the shoulders since starting CF. If you can, try amp the weight up in your shoulder track too (crossfit style).. burns like a bitch, but hey it's going to do -something- isn't it..