110kgx6

110kgx5

100kgx7

incline bench (BB)

80kgx5

80kgx5

80kgx5

80kgx5

elbow hasn't got any better, was taking it pretty easy but still noticeably weaker. might have to stop doing pressing exercises for chest for a while, which I'm not happy about, since they are pretty much the only thing I made progress on over summer and were my favorite exercises.

wheres+the+funny+man+if+no+funny+wheres+_9d728dc17618c44a61795fd61cf33c0d.jpg

didn't do any dumbbell stuff except 45kgx5 felt bad on elbow so i stopped.

anyone else had this elbow problem? (outside of elbow sore)

did a couple sets of cable flies/press, elbow didn't get any worse and few sets on fly type machine.

dips (only recently started these, 2nd session)

body-weight +chain (think its 10kg, maybe phedder would know?)

7 reps

7 reps

8 reps

7 reps

6 reps

overall 4/10 workout

Is it tendonitis? If it is do 100-300reps of super light pressdowns every day until the pain goes away

could be, looked up tendonitis, but I'm not really sure. i have had the same pain before, but to a lesser extent, and it pretty much fixed itself.

i get the pain really bad while doing squats because on my last reps of most sets i press pretty hard upwards on the bar with my arms. will try and make sure I stop doing this as i am sure it is a contributing factor

hey bro i read somewhere you were working in the mines in oz. i just wanted to ask you a couple things.

how much can you make in a year over there with no mining experience?

did you have access to a gym?

did they feed you well?

i had a mate that went but he said he was in the middle of nowhere for weeks at a time. it sounds like you did something different?

hey bro i read somewhere you were working in the mines in oz. i just wanted to ask you a couple things.

did they feed you well?

i had a mate that went but he said he was in the middle of nowhere for weeks at a time. it sounds like you did something different?

yeah i just had work over summer, I wasnt getting heaps because im still at uni, (qualified guys i was working with on 140k/year). It depends what other experience you have, like if youre from a civil engineering background with a couple years experience or something you could maybe land a 150k job there straight away.

no experience at all? think starting rate for truck drivers was 120k at mine I was at, and they dont need actual truck license or anything, just training from work. but have heard that mines are always looking for people with 'mining experience' so not really sure how easy it is to get in initially so you can actually get some experience. apparantly theres a big labour shortage at the mines though, so never know your luck.

yeah had free gym, (payed for by company) was good enough. town i was in had about 3000 people, nearest other towns were about an hours drive away, nearest city 3 hours drive. was in queensland. maybe your mate was at one of the WA mines?

cheers mate, very helpful

no worries, good luck man

did chest/tris again.

incline bench

100kgx10

110kgx6

120kgx3

can confirm my elbow is fucked

DB bench

50kgx4

50kgx3

elbow more fucked now

dips

probably 4 or 5 sets in the 6-8 rep range

fly machine

maybe 6 sets

elbow still fucked

its bad enough that when i parked outside my house i couldnt pull up the handbrake, had to use other (right) hand

did they feed you well?

Hey bro. Thread hijack.

When I was in WA in 2010/11 I decided I'd give working in the mines a go.

I had no relevant experience at all but I had mates who worked in the mines and that made a shitload of difference.

I signed up with a company as a drillers offsider. Thats about the only job you can get without any experience (sometimes you can get into the blast team if you know the right people).

Anyway I did about a month of courses (including my Truck license which was pretty easy) then they flew me to the middle of nowhere in the Pilbara and I got stuck into it.

Picked up the job really fast. They were grooming me as a driller.

I stayed in a mining camp in a town. The town had 10000 people in it with supermarkets, pubs etc. My camp had 1000 people in it. It had a massive dining room that was a buffet every night and you could request steak or fish as much as you liked, they would make it for you. Open breakfast, lunch and dinner.

The gym facilities were actually not too bad. Full cardio equipment, couple of squat racks, benches, Dbs up to 50kg and about 20 x 20kg plates. So you could get a decent workout in and eat good nutritious food.

You are housed in a donga which is basically just container sized room with a bedroom, toilet and shower. After you work all day, train and eat you pretty much just want to call or skype home for a bit then go to bed so its fine.

All your airfares to and from the site, food and living costs are paid for while you are up there. My roster was 2 weeks on and 1 week off. I started on $AUS105k and was looking at going up to $AUS160K after I qualified as a driller.

I only did it for a few months because being away from my family was driving me nuts. So I took a pay cut and came back to NZ but if I was single and wanted to earn some good coin I would definately do it!

Where abouts are you hhhh1? What work are you in?

I was in Dysart, sort of central Queensland. Just a summer job, working with the surveyors, geting experience and shit. Still studying, so back at uni, (study surveying). Hoping the mining boom will still be going strong when i finish at the end of 2013.

And yeah, people told me that it was much easier to get a job if you already had mates working there that could hook you up/put in good word.

The money is pretty ridiculous compared to NZ. Where I was a lot of people were FIFO but still a reasonable number lived in town. And it seems like the more remote you go the better the money...underground is better money too i think but f*ck that.

Legs

couple sets leg extension

squats

120kgx10

130kgx10

140kgx7

140kgx8

140kgx7

140kgx5

130kgx7

couple more sets leg extension

elbow sore as f*ck, worse than yesterday. didnt affect lifts, but was almost unbearably sore between sets. have gotten sore elbow from doing squats before and wonder if maybe it (squats) is the cause of the problem for me, or at least a major contributing factor.

might wrap it up with a bandage or some shit next legs day, see if that helps

shoulders bis and calves (barely)

seated military press.

60gx10

65kgx8

70kgx6

65kgx8

65kgx7

60kgx8

60kgx7

mixed it up with different hand spacing, behind/in front of head etc

lying BB rows (like reverse benching)

did first couple sets in between last couple of militay press sets

80kgx12 (felt too easy)

90kgx7 (lol too hard)

80kgx10

80kgx8

80kgx7

hadnt done these in nearly 4 months so all good.

curls

mix of ezy bar and straightbar preacher curls. did probably 8 sets. 45kg+bar highest weight used 40kg (fixed weight straight bar) lowest weight used. reps in 5-10 range (dont remember exactly what i did evey set)

did standing shoulder press with 45kg bar, front plate raises, standing calf raises in betwen these sets.

military press

60kgx8

50kgx10

50kgx8

going to add more excercises in next time, thx nzhredder

bro i feel your pain with the outer elbow. It is definitely aggrevated by squats,but once its flared up most pressing stuff will killyou. Hit the voltaren, use deepheat or similar on your elbow, and hit those hi-rep pressdowns. Dont do the pressdowns to work your tris, the aim is to flush the area with blood.

you likely wont do this, but making sure your delts/scapula are not tight, as this is a major contributor aswell. massage/foamroll the shit out of them. 8)

bro i feel your pain with the outer elbow. It is definitely aggrevated by squats,but once its flared up most pressing stuff will killyou. Hit the voltaren, use deepheat or similar on your elbow, and hit those hi-rep pressdowns. Dont do the pressdowns to work your tris, the aim is to flush the area with blood.

you likely wont do this, but making sure your delts/scapula are not tight, as this is a major contributor aswell. massage/foamroll the shit out of them. 8)

cheers for the advice. its pretty much at the point where i need to start actually doing something about it instead of just hoping it will go away, so will give the pressdowns and deep-heat a shot and maybe the voltaren. is voltaren prescription or OTC?