How do you eat oats?

tomleegolf

I dont mind the taste of oats but do find it hard to eat enough. So i find it much easier to just ground them up in the kitchen whizz and chuck em into a smoothy. Hardly notice them compared to shoveling down the concrete mix that results from my porridge efforts.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like no one else has oats like i do,

bowl of wholegrain oats add water then microwave 3mins,then 80% power for another 3mins,let them cool for 5-10mins and add 3 desert spoons of youghurt.

simple

:shifty:

Sounds good and easy.

Am used to just oats with cold tap water so yours sounds a bit fancy and luxurious... but will give it a go cheers :)

looks like no one else has oats like i do,

bowl of wholegrain oats add water then microwave 3mins,then 80% power for another 3mins,let them cool for 5-10mins and add 3 desert spoons of youghurt.

simple

:shifty:

I doooooo

all about the cooling down part too sometimes 15mins + as I can't stand hot stuff ie hot coffee wtf wants a piping hot coffee anyways :?

My morning routine for oats

Just over a cup of rolled oats in a pot heat them till nice and textured, about 10 mins, So ill put them on the element the take my morning shower, Chuck them in a large bowl add milk and go for it. Somtimes Ill hit a bit of sugar depending on Dieting phase etc.

Served up with a Universal Whey shake with 5gm added creatine

And if Ive got time a cup of green tea.

Man I feel like a snotty posh prick.

I promise one time this week Ill throw it all in the shaker at once and just throw it down. lol.

Cheers

2) microwave (pretty heavy in cals, like 1k)

1 cup oats

2 cups water/milk (milk tastes far better)

2 scoops protein powder

More like 600-700cals. Make it 2 cups of oats for closer to 1k.

Untitled.png

Uncle Tobys - Milk Oaties, 1 cup - approx 40g. How can 40g of oats, contain 68g of carbs, 11g of fat, and 15g of protein :think:

Of course it also depends on the type of milk and protein powder used, too.

More like 600-700cals. Make it 2 cups of oats for closer to 1k.

Untitled.png

Uncle Tobys - Milk Oaties, 1 cup - approx 40g. How can 40g of oats, contain 68g of carbs, 11g of fat, and 15g of protein :think:

science \:D/

but on a srs note, i double checked that against the box (minus the 40g part) seems legit. plus you gotta use a massive bowl to eat fit it in

Untitled.png

but on a srs note, i double checked that against the box (minus the 40g part) seems legit. plus you gotta use a massive bowl to eat fit it in

Fair enough. Someone should let Tobys know they can't measure for shit :pfft:

I usually don't even bother measuring my oats. Just pour them in until it looks like enough to be happy with :lol: Judging by how many serves I get from a bag, usually around 100-150g I spose.

Fair enough. Someone should let Tobys know they can't measure for shit :pfft: I usually don't even bother measuring my oats. Just pour them in until it looks like enough to be happy with :lol: Judging by how many serves I get from a bag, usually around 100-150g I spose.

Australians for you!

This is a topic I feel qualified to speak on!

Oats have made the majority of my carb intake for the past 6years.

I hate eating food when I'm bulking, it's slow and boring. So I don't make porridge, as someone said it fills you up to fast and takes to long to eat.

So for the past 6years I've had raw oats in water or milk. Normal oats have to soak for a while in water before theyre quickish to eat, otherwise you spend ages chewing them. Homebrand quick oats are the remedy to this, they hardly need to soak at all before theyre really soft.

I currently make a 1000cal shake out of oats and milk powder. 150g oats, 100g milk powder and 25g cadbury drinking chocolate for flavouring. Add water and ice. Blend for 30 seconds. Drink in 1 minute. BOOM! 1000 cals in my belly. total volume 1L / 1000mL. I have two of these a day

WARNING: It takes time for your digestive system to get used to eating oats! If most people tried eating 300g of oats a day they'd be shitting out oats. So, start slowly and build up your intake. My system has no problem with them, however a few years ago when I went from having 3x 50g servings a day to 3x 100g servings a day I was shitting out oats. So just be gradual.

The way I eat my oats one cup cooked with one whole egg while my oats cooking on the stove with a egg in it.I had two tsps with one banana with cup of yogurt when my oats are cooked with the egg in.I add my cooked oats and egg into my bowl mix in what I have then I am ready to eat.

Dont cook em either.

Usually make em the night before and have for breakfast. By "make" I mean 2 scoops protein, cup of milk, cup of oats. Shaken up good and then left in the fridge overnight. Awesome breakfast.

Also had them over christmas with some left over custard.....fkn awesome!

This.

Easiest breakfast ever. Tastes good too

I start every day with oats. If I'm training fasted, its 1 cup oats, 1 serve natural PP, bit of artificial sweetener, tsp cocoa for flavour. Into a bowl, with a guesstimate of how much water is needed to be absorbed but not make it too runny. Mix, and fridge it overnight. Take it to the gym and it's an easy first feed straight after training.

If extra cals are ok, it's 1 cup oats, 100-150gm Vanilla yoghurt, 1 serve natural PP, sweetener, vanilla essence and a handful of sultanans. Mix well, and fridge overnight. Makes for a sludgy tub-o-goodness, that really hits the spot after a good hard train.

On weekends (non-training days, so I'm home), 1 cup oats with a guesstimate of boiling water, sweetener, cocoa. Nuke for a minute, then stir in 1 serve natural PP. If extra cals are ok, nut butter, coconut and sultanas are added, pre-nuking. Nom Noms.