tomleegolf

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) breakfast in a hurry

put dry oats in blender

blend oats into powder

add oats to your protein shake (the more you add the harder it is to down)

2) microwave (pretty heavy in cals, like 1k)

1 cup oats

2 cups water/milk (milk tastes far better)

2 scoops protein powder

in microwave, add oats/milk, cook for 2 mins, stir in protein powder, cook for another min

3) like a fatty

add honey and sugar and shit

can cook on stove top too

a matter of preference as to how think you like your oatmeal, pal of mine likes his real watery, i think thats gross. cook longer = less watery

1) breakfast in a hurry

put dry oats in blender

blend oats into powder

add oats to your protein shake (the more you add the harder it is to down)

1 cup oats

2 scoops protein powder

in microwave, add oats/milk, cook for 2 mins, stir in protein powder, cook for another min

3) like a fatty

add honey and sugar and shit

can cook on stove top too

a matter of preference as to how think you like your oatmeal, pal of mine likes his real watery, i think thats gross. cook longer = less watery

Great, I'll try No.2 tomorrow

Dont cook em either.

Usually make em the night before and have for breakfast. By "make" I mean 2 scoops protein, cup of milk, cup of oats. Shaken up good and then left in the fridge overnight. Awesome breakfast.

Also had them over christmas with some left over custard.....fkn awesome!

I mix mine 2 thirds full of oats in a shaker. Couple scoops of protein powder. Water or milk to just below the top then mix with a stick wizz. Cant handle eating oats as cooked food. Fills me up to fast

this was really smart...will test this...

I use to eat all my oats raw but then got told its bad for digestion?

Nar its actually really good for them oats when eaten raw have a lot of great enzymes that are really good for the digestive tract and if you can use wholegrain ones even better. I love the whole grain oats, I use them in a pre-workout shake when I cant eat (like I'm running out the door) or Ill soak them overnight and cook them for breakfast. They do take longer to cook, but that's why I soak them over night. It makes them a lot softer and it tends to cook faster.

The following is from a random site that just happens to agree with me. Again you will find others that will say the opposite. Its up to you to make you own educated decision.

According to the American Cancer Society:

1. Insoluble fiber's cancer-fighting properties are due to the fact that it attacks certain bile acids, reducing their toxicity.

2. Soluble fiber may reduce LDL cholesterol without lowering HDL cholesterol. LDL is bad; HDL is good.

3. Soluble fiber slows down the digestion of starch. This may be beneficial to diabetics because, when you slow down the digestion of starch, you avoid the sharp rises in your blood sugar level that usually occur following a meal.

4. It has been found that those who eat more oats are less likely to develop heart disease, a disease that is currently widespread in the United States.

5. The phytochemicals in oat may also have cancer-fighting properties.

6. Oats are a good source of many nutrients including vitamin E, zinc, selenium, copper, iron, manganese and magnesium. Oats are also a good source of protein.

The difference between insoluble and soluble fiber, besides the foods that they come from, is what they do in your body.

Insoluble fiber's main role is that it makes stools heavier and speeds their passage through the gut, relieving constipation. Soluble fiber breaks down as it passes through the digestive tract, forming a gel that traps some substances related to high cholesterol, thus reducing the absorption of cholesterol into the bloodstream.

Oatmeal has a pretty bland taste, which makes it hard for the average person to consume every morning. Here are ways you can make it taste better.

1. Make the oatmeal with milk instead of water. This will also add calcium and more protein.

2. Add Stevia powder to the oatmeal. It will naturally sweeten up the taste without adding sugar.

3. Stir in your favorite-flavored protein powder to it after it's been cooked. This gives the oatmeal a pretty good taste plus it adds protein. Combine this with using milk and you'll have a meal that is high in fiber, calcium and protein!

I mix mine 2 thirds full of oats in a shaker. Couple scoops of protein powder. Water or milk to just below the top then mix with a stick wizz. Cant handle eating oats as cooked food. Fills me up to fast

:shock: thats alot of oats!

And ill drink up to 4 of those a day. Its the goods bro.

:shock: thats alot of oats!

And ill drink up to 4 of those a day. Its the goods bro.

Doyouevenchew?

What's with everyone using water!? Disgusting, milk is the only way to go. If it's just oats, milk, and PP I just let the oats soak for 10-15mins then eat. If I'm adding peanut butter you have to microwave it to mix it through properly. Sliced banana and cinnamon is another good addition.

1 cup oats

2 scoops protein powder

More like 600-700cals. Make it 2 cups of oats for closer to 1k.

I ususally always have oats for breakfast.

Always microwave them,

protein shake before hand, i hate mixing it with food, and flavoured whey taste so artifical.

oats, water, 1tsp salt, cinnomon, sprinkle raro flavouring is so good, 25-50g sultanas always

sometimes add a couple raw eegs or knob of butter

easy meal to work out your macros and calories

Man, just had my first session of raw oats this morning at about 9:30, blended with some milk and raw eggs. I must say, I can stomach the egg much easier than the oats. I still have that foul, raw grainy taste in my mouth and I can actually smell the oats. But hey, I'm sure there are worse things.