Nutrawhey cookies & cream

holdenman

This happened with Horleys Crossfire protein too. When I first bought a 1kg tub, it tasted great like chocolate milkshake and I would look forward to that protein shake post workout.

Then I bought a 3kg tub and it tasted like shit and was trying not to puke when downing it. Weird...

On another note, the Balance cookies and cream flavour is really nice. For now.

Hoping like fuaark that the contents have settled because its a big bag or something..

The flavour would be mixed with it, and would be the same powdered size, so I doubt it would settle. :(

Was clutching at straws lol. To be honest I don't find it that bad, just that I used to think it was better. Have had far worse (ON gold standard vanilla) no way I wouldn't use it all though.

Mate trust me all max whey and la muscle whey are the champions of crap tasting proteins,infact it should be crime to sell that crap.

Whey Maxx chocolate was the first ever protein powder I had in my life, almost put me off whey forever it honestly tasted so bad.

Hmmm that is good to hear Nate. Maybe the 3kg ones are older stock as I only noticed it in the 1kg bags I bought.

Yep talked to hennie pre christmas and was told they had changed the mixer or who was mixing it or something like that. Anyway, the C&C flavour is so good I will be trying it again soon to see if any change. The 3kg bag could be an option.

• 1 month later...
I remember I once bought 3 kgs of nutrawhey's natural whey and it tasted like liquid salmon ...no amount of coca powder or anything else would kill the taste so I gave it away

Holy $hit its not only me ,I asked for a choc sample as well and the same aftertaste.I mean seriously nasty man especially since I hate eating fish.I emailed them hoping for a speedy resolution,Man I am having shit luck with proteins.

I remember I once bought 3 kgs of nutrawhey's natural whey and it tasted like liquid salmon ...no amount of coca powder or anything else would kill the taste so I gave it away

Holy $hit its not only me ,I asked for a choc sample as well and the same aftertaste.I mean seriously nasty man especially since I hate eating fish.I emailed them hoping for a speedy resolution,Man I am having shit luck with proteins.

man i think the delivery boys might have it in for you, didn't your other 2 tubs of myofusion screw you over too? hope your streak of bad luck is over soon.

OT: got the C&C nutrawhey last week, IMO i already like the taste more than myofusions C&C and also enjoy the fact that theres no random chunky things to get stuck/wasted on the little places in my shaker. the only problems i have with this is that if i have it with water then i have to make sure to use really little water (like 130ml per scoop) because i like it pretty thick (well i guess its not really a problem, just that the drink is finished too quick for my liking!). the other thing is that the smell is exactly like milk powder - originally thought i got ripped off or something lol.

Sounds a whole lot better than the last C&C I got.

Been using chocolate instead but sounds like time for a punt on C&C again because it was dammm good before that funky tasting batch did the rounds.

oh i would also like to mention that i got the 1kg bag, if that helps narrow things down any.

Strange CF? I've been getting 6 kg a month of Nutrawhey and never had a problem?

I tend to go for Cookies n Cream, Chocolate & Vanilla mainly but this month got some natural as well. Always consistent for me in terms of taste / mixability etc.

I will mention it to Hennie when I talk to him next.

Sadly Nate, that's the truth...could be that I have been spoilt by Xtreme Formulation/Old Myofusion and always expected shakes to taste amazing, obv everyone will tell me to harden the f*ck and skull it since protein is protein but I prefer to actually look forward for my shakes than dread it you know? the natrual flavor stuff I got from bb.co.nz was about 2 years ago? 6-8 months later I tried samples of the main flavors (choc/strawberry/vanilla) and didn't like it, this time the chocolate that I have (got it when it was 30bucks for a kg bag) was a bit yuck but mixing it with other stuff to mask the taste made it drinkable (had to buy a new packet of splenda lol)... but it could be just me being picky eh, as it looks like lots of people from this site enjoy the nutrawhey protein shakes ... the NZD is pretty strong atm so I am checking if either of the american 1 deal sites will have protein for cheap by the end of the week, otherwise I am making an order from overseas