Drug test and supplements

DinoTrainer

Last year 2011, I did a pre-employment drug test and I failed it.

At the time I didn't take any drug such as marijuana or Kronic or other weird shit.

I take protein powders and other general grocery from supermarkets.

Anyway I read the Mike Mentzer was addicted to Amphetamine so I suspect that substance is in my protein powder.

Got to be aware of the drugs in the supplement you take. It can make you addict to it.

At the time I didn't take any drug such as marijuana or Kronic or other weird shit.

Anyway I read the Mike Mentzer was addicted to Amphetamine so I suspect that substance is in my protein powder.

Got to be aware of the drugs in the supplement you take. It can make you addict to it.

not sure if serious

Ok.

I have been involved in workplace drug testing for about 8 years (since it was introduced in meat industry) and have done a fair bit of consultant work implementing policies around D&A Testing for various companies.

The OP statement seems highly unlikely & the amphetamine/protein powder statement sounded way too much like a troll statement! :grin:

That said the Pan Pharmaceutical saga a few years ago showed supplements can be tainted, which may trigger a positive on some instant test kits. An ESR tested sample however should clarify what the substance in question actually is.

• 1 month later...

troll is serious.

To fail a drug test it means something I ate is tainted with banned substance.

I point my finger at protein powder because I didn't take any protein powder or any mysterious processed food for a week. And I pass the 2nd drug test.

The dude that failed the drug test and stripped of 2010 tour de france title claims it's in the meat.

I am claiming that protein powder can be tainted with mysterious substance and it will lead to failed drug test or addiction.

There's a lot of un-tested supplements in the world market and it wouldn't surprise me that it may be tainted with banned substance.

troll is serious.

To fail a drug test it means something I ate is tainted with banned substance.

I point my finger at protein powder because I didn't take any protein powder or any mysterious processed food for a week. And I pass the 2nd drug test.

The dude that failed the drug test and stripped of 2010 tour de france title claims it's in the meat.

I am claiming that protein powder can be tainted with mysterious substance and it will lead to failed drug test or addiction.

There's a lot of un-tested supplements in the world market and it wouldn't surprise me that it may be tainted with banned substance.

Unless you are using some oddball unknown brand, no. If this was the case there would be thousands of people reporting being banned from sports, failing tests for work etc, Which would lead to a massive drop in sales and reputation of some big companies and a huge loss of income.

Do you really believe what you are even saying. Ever thought the first drug test may of failed for another reason.

Yeah I can't really imagine you're serious.

1. Vast majority of drugs tests only test for street drugs, I can't imagine any employer (bar a sports team) that would test for any bodybuilding substance.

2. Why would a supplement company have illegal substances anywhere near their products? They are far too expensive to be putting in powders or products!

3. "that dude" isn't the first guy to test positive then claim it was from something else. There's a very long list....

2. Why would a supplement company have illegal substances anywhere near their products? They are far too expensive to be putting in powders or products!

:ditto: - Would make no sense at all. They are after all trying to make money not waste it.

Can you list what you were taking and where I can get some?

For the Win! 8)

and as for not taking any illegal drugs, I think back to the days I had to stay away from taking anything, yet went to parties where the smoke was thicker than the IQ's of the participants.

Didnt matter did it? Nah, breathing in all that glorious, I mean terrible 2nd hand smoke was just as bad. The lungs absorb it, even if the brain doesnt think it does.

And saying you dont take shady shit, doesnt mean you dont. It means you dont want to admit it.

^^ Just for the record second hand smoke won't trigger a positive result for a non smoker, the cut-off in the confirmatory is too high.

My mate Dave, a non-smoker, smoked some hash on a friday and tested himself on the Monday. Result negative.

Not suggesting anyone run the gauntlet on a test but even for a heavy smoker (we're talking 4-5 joints a day) I've been told (by an expert toxicologist I've worked with) they can past if going clean for a month, despite residual levels in adipose tissue.

there was a brand claiming that their protein powder had pro hormones in it

massive-anabolic-protein-2lbs-by-xd.jpg

MOST ANABOLIC PROTEIN EVER!!!!

XD LABS LEAPS TO THE FOREFRONT OF THE INDUSTRY BY BRINGING YOU THE MOST ANABOLIC PROTEIN EVER RELEASED....MASSIVE ANABOLIC PROTEIN.

JUST 1 SCOOP PER DAY WILL ELICIT SOLID LEAN MUSCLE ACCUMULATION, INSANE VASCULARITY, CRAZY PUMPS AND MONSTROUS WEIGHT GAINS BEYON WHAT YOU EVER ACHIEVED BEFORE.

SERV SIZE: 1 SCOOP

SERV PER CONT : 30

PER SERV.

CALORIES. 113

TOTAL FAT 1G

CHOLESTEROL 12MG

CARBOHYDRATES 2G

SUGARS 0G

PROTEIN 24G

CALCIUM 160MG

PHOSPHORUS 86MG

POTASSIUM 172MG

SODIUM 38MG

SDROL

2A, 17A-DIMETHYL-5A-ANDROSTANE-17B-OL-3-ONE......10MG

however I highly doubt that's what you have :pfft:

^^ Just for the record second hand smoke won't trigger a positive result for a non smoker, the cut-off in the confirmatory is too high.

My mate Dave, a non-smoker, smoked some hash on a friday and tested himself on the Monday. Result negative.

Not suggesting anyone run the gauntlet on a test but even for a heavy smoker (we're talking 4-5 joints a day) I've been told (by an expert toxicologist I've worked with) they can past if going clean for a month, despite residual levels in adipose tissue.

Of course. I used that story as an excuse. Which goes along way to say BS on people claiming they virgin. If you get a positive and believe it is false, I am sure you can get a second opinion.

Or, maye the workplace didn't like the OP and used that as an excuse not to keep him.

Of course. I used that story as an excuse. Which goes along way to say BS on people claiming they virgin. If you get a positive and believe it is false, I am sure you can get a second opinion.

Or, maye the workplace didn't like the OP and used that as an excuse not to keep him.

Most likely scenario.

Immuno assay is the test they use first right? What I meant was they don't just rely on one test to say your sample is positive because the immuno-assay isnt 100% specific and GCMS is too costly to do as a first line test, they only use it on samples that test positive first time round, is that right?

Immuno assay is the test they use first right? What I meant was they don't just rely on one test to say your sample is positive because the immuno-assay isnt 100% specific and GCMS is too costly to do as a first line test, they only use it on samples that test positive first time round, is that right?

Pretty much if you use ESR etc.

The instant kits are simply an immunoassay as well and as such probably wont stand up in court (there is an Australian/New Zealand Standard AS/NZS 4308:2008 "Procedures for the specimen collection and the detection and quantitation of drugs of abuse in urine"......I have a copy in my office LOL).

They tend to use the terminology "not negative" sample for anything showing a result with immunoassay stuff if it is to go on for GCMS confirmatory.

• 2 weeks later...

list of some shady supplements.

Here is a list that the Navy kind of put out. It hasn't actually been pushed out to everyone. I had to go ask my LPO for a copy. Also these are not banned. Actual wording is "List of supplements/identifiers to avoid". They are saying it is because people are false positive testing for methamphetamine but I think has to do with heart attacks that have been had by people taking products with DMAA in them.

Identifiers: Methylhexaneamine, Methylhexanamine, Geranamine, Geranium Oil, Geranium Oil Extract, DMAA, Forthane, Forthan, Floradrene, 4-methyl-2-hexanamine, 4-methylhexan-2-amine.

Product (Distributor): Jack3d (USPlabs), OxyElite Pro (USPlabs), Hemo-Rage Black Ultra Concentrate (Nutrex Research), C4 Extreme (Cellucor), Rezolution (LG Sciences), Liquid Clenbutrx Hardcore (VPX), Heat Accelersted (Magnum), CryoShock (Neogenix), RedLine Black On Blue V2 (VPX), Motivate (Anabolic Innovations), M5 Extreme (Cellucore), Lipo 6 Black Hers (Nutrex Research), Anarchy Covalex (VPX), SSIN Juice (BioRhythm), 1,3 Dimethylamylamine (PrimaForce, BCS Labs, ***********), Adrena-G (Serious Nutrition Solutions), Ripped Freak (PharmaFreak Technologies), Hemodrene (Nutrabolics), Swagger (Man), Velocity (Neogenix), Quake 10.0 (SciVation), Trim Down (Muscle Gauge Nutrition), AmphetaLean Extreme (Beast Sports Nutrition), NL-Octrain (No Limits Lab), Muscle Spike (Muscle Fortress), Black Cats (Applied Nutriceuticals), Code Red (MuscleMeds), Noxipro (CTD Labs), Geranamine-Fat Loss (Giant), Pure DMAA(1,3-Dimethylamylamine) (Numerous Suppliers, 1.M.R. (BPI), PreSurge Unleashed (Athletic Edge Nutrition), Rx6 (BPI), E-911 (LG Sciences), Spirodex (Gaspari Nutrition), Lipo 6 Black (Nutrex Research).

false positive testing for methamphetamine

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSByM9GdiA5D7sYVLQUGMnpJA6NYdf6akUM-FoDWnj1JAXEMtlK

source BB forum.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthrea ... 301&page=1

Further info

http://www.drugfreesport.org.nz/