16 year old arrested for rape of 5 year old ...

Optimass

We live in a society that has outlawed physical discipline, for murder you can be out of jail within 7 years, in Texas if there are three witnesses to a murder murderer recieves life in prison and life means life. A mate's brother in on home d for drink driving for the fifth time, but he can drive to work. There is something wrong with system when the government invests 30 million into a boat race but wont even look at providing services to ensure a better future society

That boat race would bring far more into the economy than it costs, NZ has a huge marine industry with a great global reputation, so its exactly that, an "investment" and a bloody good one.

But where does the money trickle down to? those who need it the most? Yes great for the economy but my point was more money needs to put into areas that will develop NZ as a whole. How many Maori's have you seen on an america's cup boat? not trying to be racist

$30 million in comparison to a forecast for 2011/12 of $140 million approximately for Reintegrative and Rehabilitation Services? Seems like a drop in the ocean to me. In reference to this persons ethnicity - it is irrelevent.

The question should be, 'How are we as a society going to support the victims? We have spent a majority of time on this thread talking about the offender - where have we once asked about the victim and the support that the family and in this case the child should be receiving? This is where the focus should be.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$30 million in comparison to a forecast for 2011/12 of $140 million approximately for Reintegrative and Rehabilitation Services? Seems like a drop in the ocean to me. In reference to this persons ethnicity - it is irrelevent.

The question should be, 'How are we as a society going to support the victims? We have spent a majority of time on this thread talking about the offender - where have we once asked about the victim and the support that the family and in this case the child should be receiving? This is where the focus should be.

they were tourists not nz citizens and will return to their own country. people donated money for the girl. dont see why our govt should support them after they leave

they were tourists not nz citizens and will return to their own country. people donated money for the girl. dont see why our govt should support them after they leave

:-s - Clueless!

I'm sitting here shaking my head - thinking whether you read what you posted. Obviously not. This isn't about whether these people are tourists or whether New Zealanders donated money.

This post should be about the support of the victim and their families - irrespective of money..... I will applaud you though for what I see is thee 'dumbest - least thoughtout post' in an otherwise important thread.

Thats pretty silly bro. The crime was committed by a nzer in nz, whether they're foreign or not is irrelevant. We owe them.

:-s - Clueless!

I'm sitting here shaking my head - thinking whether you read what you posted. Obviously not. This isn't about whether these people are tourists or whether New Zealanders donated money.

This post should be about the support of the victim and their families - irrespective of money..... I will applaud you though for what I see is thee 'dumbest - least thoughtout post' in an otherwise important thread.

I'm sitting here shaking my head.

They received 13k in donations and you think they should be compensated further by the nz tax payer? This is a singular case, what about the countless other areas where nzers need government support and get nowhere near that sort of money? You are taking such a close minded view because this one case was sensationalised.

Get off your high horse you muppet.

Where is there Justice in a society that rewards the perpetrator more attention & help than the victim. Perhaps this goes back to the origins of "sacrificial animal" with humans being an accepted recipient. As our collective conscientiousness moves forward into a higher awareness we may find that society begins to understand the Universal Laws, particularly those of "Cause & Effect" & "Attraction". In the end the Universe will serve out its Justice but in a way that we have yet to fully comprehend.

They received 13k in donations and you think they should be compensated further by the nz tax payer? This is a singular case, what about the countless other areas where nzers need government support and get nowhere near that sort of money? You are taking such a close minded view because this one case was sensationalised.

In the threads that I've posted where did I once mention further compensation from the NZ Tax Payer? Furthermore, when did I discuss ongoing Government support? Oh that's right - I didn't. I spoke about support - not as in monetary (as you seem to think - and assumed incorrectly). Close minded view? Hmm. This is coming from a person who can't read a post properly. Speak for yourself - Muppet!

Where is there Justice in a society that rewards the perpetrator more attention & help than the victim. Perhaps this goes back to the origins of "sacrificial animal" with humans being an accepted recipient. As our collective conscientiousness moves forward into a higher awareness we may find that society begins to understand the Universal Laws, particularly those of "Cause & Effect" & "Attraction". In the end the Universe will serve out its Justice but in a way that we have yet to fully comprehend.

Fuuuaaarrrr. Aware us more wizard! srs

Please respond.

In the threads that I've posted where did I once mention further compensation from the NZ Tax Payer? Furthermore, when did I discuss ongoing Government support? Oh that's right - I didn't. I spoke about support - not as in monetary (as you seem to think - and assumed incorrectly). Close minded view? Hmm. This is coming from a person who can't read a post properly. Speak for yourself - Muppet!

They have recieved "emotional support" from 1000's of people across NZ. The parents themselves told the papers how grateful they were for all the support they had received.

Have you got anything else?

They have recieved "emotional support" from 1000's of people across NZ. The parents themselves told the papers how grateful they were for all the support they had received.

Have you got anything else?

And this is exactly what this is about. Its ensuring that they are given continued support - and as you have mentioned - they have - which is fantastic - and which is what they duely deserve. Now, since you have seen fit to read the posts for what they are - I can congratulate you - for not being a muppet. :pfft:

I see you are still out of lollipops, Ann :grin:

ann, all you said was "support". yes i incorrectly assumed you meant financial support or counselling etc paid for by nz government. when i posted you had not stated that you meant other support, as you now have. i can only read what you write, not your mind.

Bet the parents feel stink leaving a 3yr old and a 5yr old unattended in a caravan, we have these laws in place to prevent things happening am sure if a person at least 14yo was supervising then the lewd act would have been thwarted.

Major guilt trip if I was the parent regardless of how I feel about the person responsible.

Bet the parents feel stink leaving a 3yr old and a 5yr old unattended in a caravan, we have these laws in place to prevent things happening am sure if a person at least 14yo was supervising then the lewd act would have been thwarted.

Major guilt trip if I was the parent regardless of how I feel about the person responsible.

A bit harsh man, you cant seriously be blaming the parents? They were like 10m away, when the mum went back the door was locked and she could see it through the window.

No I don't blame the parents mate, not one bit.

As a parent I imagine I'd feel terrible I had left them alone, regardless of the physical distance between dwellings.

OK, took your post the wrong way. Agreed though

No worries, Id hang him like most...then id make him pay dearly for wat he did :pfft:

I know this guy too, went to school with him for a bit, seemed like an okay guy. Needs a good hiding and a lot of jail time now though.

You should name and shame him, because no doubt he'll get permanent name suppression like every criminal seems to these days.

I know this guy too, went to school with him for a bit, seemed like an okay guy. Needs a good hiding and a lot of jail time now though.

You should name and shame him, because no doubt he'll get permanent name suppression like every criminal seems to these days.

He wont get perm name supression bro ... it will come out soon. Update in the herald today .... hasn't been aloud to enter a plea until they have a family meeting with the courts. After that happens he enters a plea. Sounds like he has a good lawyer - already making statements but judge not acepting plea yet. Suspect it will get bumped up based on the fferosiuos nature of the attack.