Congrats Pseudonym

HumanPerformance

Um... I feel like I need to reign in everyone's expectations a bit! :pfft:

Yes, muscle memory played a big role here. Yes, it was 10.5 weeks, not 6.5 (HP is good at counting calories, not calendars!). I also did a 24-hour carb-up at the end, and thought I softened up quite a lot, so there'd be some water weight in there too. So while I'm really happy with my results, I certainly wouldn't call them extraordinary.

a physique @ pseudo's level

This is the comment that scares me most of all. Just how big do you think I am? I'll tell you now... not very. :P

I've got some pics, but they're a little blurry. I'll see if I can get some better ones tomorrow morning.

Yes I seem to have counted it from october 10th for some reason. Muscle memory did play a bit part in pseudos results as he hadnt trained in a while so his ability to gain muscle whilst losing fat was greatly improved. We knew going into it that it would be a huge advantage and possibly unfair to other competitor (maybe he will come forward and announce himself as pseudos competition ) but he agreed he wasnt fazed by it so we went ahead.

Would be interesting to see how the results would vary if pseudo had been in regular hard training. Pseudo did you take any before photos? Or just the after ones we did yesterday?

I've got some pics, but they're a little blurry. I'll see if I can get some better ones tomorrow morning.

If not, the far north paparazzi will be on patrol at all hot diving spots :pfft:

Great work Pseud, hope you're allowing yourself to indulge a little over xmas :nod:

Cheers guys. I've posted my pics here. If there's a difference between them and the one Genetic Freek posted above, it's probably just because they were taken cold without much of a pump. :wink:

what did you think of the process anyway Pseudo?

Some of the guys on here do this several times a year. Did you enjoy it? Hate it? Indifferent to it? Have to dig deep at times?

I wouldn't say I enjoyed the process, but I liked the results. And the process itself wasn't too painful really.

It was interesting to compare it to the cutting diet I did last year for a competition (a real competition, that is!). That was a last-minute rush, whereas this one was much more leisurely. By taking it slower, not only did I get better results with a lot less cardio (15 mins when I felt like it, versus an hour religiously) but I also think it was healthier. Although my face definitely got lean either way, this time it didn't get that sunken-eyed, gaunt look - even though overall I was leaner than before.