Forearms

jahman

hey how many people in here train forearms seperately and what exercises do use.I've been training mine seperately for about 6 weeks and just using those things that you squeeze cant remember what they called ,also been doin reverse grip curls and wrist curls but i want to do more so just wandering if any1 knows any other effective exercises to develop forearms and increase wrist strength?

I don't often do separate forearm exercises - I usually figure they get enough work through other exercises like rows, pulldowns, etc. Sometimes I'll add them in for a bit if I feel they're lagging, though.

The exercises you've got there look pretty good. I discovered another one kind of by accident recently. Grab a plate in each hand, and hold it with your fingers through the center hole. Let both arms hang at your sides. With the heel of your palm, push down onto the plate, and pull up with your fingers.

1st of all thanx pseudo will give tht 1 a shot i just found some more where u hav a dumbell with the weights taken off 1 end and u hold the end with no weights on it and lever the other end up and down its called thors hammer or something hope all that makes sense lol if only i kud put a diagram on :pfft:

u hav a dumbell with the weights taken off 1 end and u hold the end with no weights on it and lever the other end up and down its called thors hammer or something

:shock:

I've seen this being done before. Guy had a BB but had only had weights on one side and was doing curls with it. Weird. How would that work the forearms?

• 1 month later...
As Lee Preist says, "If you're a teenage boy, then you're forearms get enough workout as it is!" :roll:

Video on http://www.youtube.com

Yeah man i was gon post that but you beat me too it,

Also wen me n yellow fellow were training the other night and i did my reverse close grip pulldowns my forearms got a killing, try those man, they hurt for days after!! :P

Plate pinches are good, so are farmers walks.

These are more endurance exercises though & will help with grip strength on exercises such as the deadlift.

Wrist curls on the other hand won't help much with grip strength but will help with muscle building.

Have you tried the old broom handle, rope & weight roller (easy to make at home)?

roller.jpg

Plate pinches are good, so are farmers walks.

These are more endurance exercises though & will help with grip strength on exercises such as the deadlift.

Wrist curls on the other hand won't help much with grip strength but will help with muscle building.

Have you tried the old broom handle, rope & weight roller (easy to make at home)?

roller.jpg

lol this is one warkworth fitness centres great secrets (what?) these are really good aye cos you can target whole forearm just by changing the direction your rolling it, and you don't need heavy weights either!!!!