Anyone married with a husband who hates muscles

Danni33

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUT he gave her the hard work,and pa pow! she was gone,she still lives in town and,still a cool chick but he just wore her down about training and comping,everyone knows here(around the gym) he didnt like her muscled and ripped,he would say to her(ya look like a man eg..) sad i think,dam shame!!!

dont know why guys dont like it!

I think a small part of it's about people feeling shitty about themselves so then tend to cut down others in a weird attempt to feel better. I think when he says, "you aren't attractive to me" he's actually saying, "I'm not attractive to me". Psycho-babble maybe, but it seems to be true in some cases where a partner got their diet sorted out, trained and started looking hotter.. it became a threat to their partners who have remained the same shrug.gif

Very true poos!

My EX from a few years ago was a total arse about me going to the gym! HE was jealous and the closer I came to my goals the harder he pushed for me not to achieve! Becuase he was very much out of shape! He didn't understand anything about training and tried to give me advice and even tried to diagnose me with an over-training, body dismophic and eating disorders! :evil:

Hence he is an EX!!!!!! :twisted: I'm not about to let anyone tell me how to look, train or spend my time! If you feel like you have to fight to better yourself then it's time to put an end to it! It really is that black & white!

• 1 year later...
I have discussed doing a body building comp with my husband and boy was it the wrong thing to do. I am still keen as pie to do it but how do you get your husband to realise that body building is a sport and not something you do to try and pick up a new husband. Very insecure.

Can anyone help?

maybe he doesnt like muscles? especially huge-MAN like muscles found on some body building GIRLS. maybe hes scared u'll turn into a man and that turns him off? :shifty:

Very true poos!

Hence he is an EX!!!!!! :twisted: I'm not about to let anyone tell me how to look, train or spend my time! If you feel like you have to fight to better yourself then it's time to put an end to it! It really is that black & white!

see your attitude is why there are such high rates of divorce... divorce isnt something that should be considered over one little difference, i think you should keep ur lame advice to urself !

Very true poos!

see your attitude is why there are such high rates of divorce... divorce isnt something that should be considered over one little difference, i think you should keep ur lame advice to urself !

did she say she was married? just that he was an ex.

what is wrong with breaking up with someone if you have different views and goals.i wont have someone tell me i cant train or try and achieve what i want either.

marriage is different its a huge committment.by that stage you know if your compatible.

sometimes you need to date a few people till you find someone similar or at least not too hard work for where you want to be.

shes entitled to run her life however she pleases.

im sure if she wants marriage advice she wont ever come to you.

good luck with the marriage guidance seminars you plan to run.

Very true poos!

Whoa there... back up buddy, this topic is from 2007! Although my feelings and thoughts are the same!

You seem a little sensitve to the subject. What are your thoughts?

My attitude has nothing to do with high rates of divorce.

FYI, I was not married to this person (EX) but as I changed he tried to become very controling!Having someone try and control your life while you are trying to change yourself for the better is not 'One little difference'. It all starts somewhere from hours in the Gym, diet, social life, work hours... etc

The only 'Lame advice' was to be true to yourself and your goals

"If you feel like you have to fight to better yourself then it's time to put an end to it!"

This is a very real issue for women and men alike.

Enough said really!

*Re: Anyone married with a husband who hates muscles*

i love toned/musclely chicks but for me theres a cut off point

ie ,nice and still holding feminininininty :lol:

Larissa0002.jpg

and too much, would feel like spooning with a man :?

IsabelleTurell1a.jpg

whats it like spooning with a man 1 day ive never had the urge to try

i heard this was where the partys at.. :lol:

So did I... actually, I agree with a lot of what's said here:

If a woman wants to improve herself by getting lean, ripped and built the hard way, that's her choice, and I admire those who take that road.

If a husband (or wife, for that matter) seems to want to hold her back, and it can't be fixed by talking him round to her POV, then it's probably due to inadequacies on HIS part, whether it's insecurity, laziness, or envy.

Either way, limitations in HIS part shouldn't stop HER from achieving everything she can. You can bet $$ that if things were reversed - if a woman were to tell her husband that he looked "too muscular", he wouldn't let it stop him, right?

Im sure most off the blokes here can attest to the opposite way.. i.e. justifying 10 hours a week and strict diets to their gf's / wives.

Not a problem for me, I guess marrying a former professional sports person helps, Charlie kicks my ass to the gym and even trains with me some times (we're a funny pair- one does their set while the other tends to bubs in his car seat as we carry him around the gym with us)

I would even go as far as to say, without Charlie.....I wouldn't have been able to win in 2006 or do the pro shows.

woah evies back, havnt seen you post in a while :o

Ha ha, I've always been here - just decided to take a backseat when it comes to posting. Most of the time I don't have much to add to conversations, or as my Mum always said "If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all" so I just don't comment, I'm pretty mellow most of the time anyhow and would hate to offend.

Totall agree with michaelk it's great to have a supportive partner who understands and helps you achieve your best!

good going glad to see you guys got it sorted, im sure he will be much more supportive now and that will help with your training ten fold knowing that your man is behind you will make you train even harder i know having my girl behind me helps me heaps great stuff :grin: