Anyone married with a husband who hates muscles

Danni33

I have discussed doing a body building comp with my husband and boy was it the wrong thing to do. I am still keen as pie to do it but how do you get your husband to realise that body building is a sport and not something you do to try and pick up a new husband. Very insecure.

Can anyone help?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have discussed doing a body building comp with my husband and boy was it the wrong thing to do. I am still keen as pie to do it but how do you get your husband to realise that body building is a sport and not something you do to try and pick up a new husband. Very insecure.

Can anyone help?

My guess is that he's afraid that you'll tone up, lose alot of weight look good and be hanging out with similar likeminded people including guys. In other words as you said, he's insecure.

Definitely sounds like an insecure bloke to me!

Just do the comp girlfriend! If your husband is not supportive of anything you wish to endeavour then maybe he is not the sort of person you should be spending the rest of your life with! Life is too short as it is, don't let anyone suppress those dreams of yours.

Good luck! I wish you all the best. :)

Before you go telling your husband he's insecure (possibly not the best move! :grin:) consider this: a lot of people are insecure about bodybuilding. When I did a competition a couple of years back, not one of my "close" circle of friends showed up. The whole thought of bodybuilders on stage made them uncomfortable. And let's be honest - overcoming that social inhibition that's the fear of getting on stage wearing very little is actually part of the appeal and the challenge.

So don't be too hard on the poor guy - he may be insecure, but he's not alone. 8)

this is a bit harsh imo.

im agree with pseudonyms last post, my mum is really supportive of my bodybuilding but my dad not so.

also last girlfriend wasnt too supportive, mostly of me buying all the supplements i needed but shes out the window anyway :pfft:

lol

Definitely sounds like an insecure bloke to me!

Just do the comp girlfriend! If your husband is not supportive of anything you wish to endeavour then maybe he is not the sort of person you should be spending the rest of your life with! Life is too short as it is, don't let anyone suppress those dreams of yours.

Good luck! I wish you all the best.

Before you go telling your husband he's insecure (possibly not the best move! :grin:) consider this: a lot of people are insecure about bodybuilding. When I did a competition a couple of years back, not one of my "close" circle of friends showed up. The whole thought of bodybuilders on stage made them uncomfortable. 8)

I totally agree I havent even botherd this time , to tell my freinds Im doing a show because they dont get IT .

Thanks for your feedback. We are both going to the NABBA Comps in Palmerston North this weekend. It could be good for him to see what it is all about, but then it could back fire on me and he may just freakout. Oh well just have to wait and see. Will keep you all posted.

Hope you both really enjoy the show, what category are you looking to compete in yourself ? You should also look at starting a journal when you get a goal in mind there are quite a few people here with show experience and hopefuly would help you in the build up.

Yeah, good luck, Danni33 - I'm competing at the NABBA Nationals this weekend and it should be a great show for you guys to watch.

Let's hope that after this weekend your hubby is not just supportive of your plans to compete, but also perhaps may be keen to try it himself!

What an awesome show to watch. There are some awesome looking athletes out there. My husband enjoyed the show too. He thought it was amazing. Not that he would do it himself he said. He is behind 100% now and thinks it is a great challenge for me. Thanks guys for all of your support and advice.

• 11 months later...
As a man - I think it's great that women work-out. Look at some of those pros -that's a fatastic look which sure beats the hell out of the 'let's have another chocloate muffin for breafast' approach.

:P

Your on to it Big boy, not so sure about the pro body building chicks though :shock: , fitness and figure yes! :nod:

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help?

HI Danni.

i had a member (a lady) that had the same problem,

she trained hard,6 days a week,wasnt over muscled at all,still pretty.she comp about 4 years in a row when i was comping too,

she was great for my gym too,out going ,fun,talked shit bla bla,

BUT he gave her the hard work,and pa pow! she was gone,she still lives in town and,still a cool chick but he just wore her down about training and comping,everyone knows here(around the gym) he didnt like her muscled and ripped,he would say to her(ya look like a man eg..) sad i think,dam shame!!!

dont know why guys dont like it!

i think muscle chicks are the hottist! its sexy! it makes me think shes not shy of hard work too!,

so all those little guys out there bitching about ya miss pumping up! harden up and get to her gym and muscle up ya self! be a man! make her the woman!

show her why men are biger,faster and happy shes in the gym!