back injury should i workout or not????

jbmsmuscle

hi, i have lower back injury. i have been doing stretching and core exercises. i am not sure whether i should still do weight training or not? any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, we need to know a little more to give you any advice at all. What part of your back? upper, lower, lats, spine etc.

Do you know how you did it?

hi, i have lower back injury. i have been doing stretching and core exercises. i am not sure whether i should still do weight training or not? any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, we need to know a little more to give you any advice at all. What part of your back? upper, lower, lats, spine etc.

Do you know how you did it?

Thanks muscle99.

i was doing dead lift and went too much back.since my lower back sore. My physio told me i can train.but when ever i train my lower back start to sore.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Can you feel an abnormal soreness when performing other exercises other than dead lift? Eg: squat, barbell row. You defiantly need to take some time off dead lifts. Only dead lift once per week as a golden rule. For now I would skip a week and go try again with light weight. You will know whether something is still up or not. Take more time off if necessary. If you have been training for months on end it may be a good idea to take a week off weight training altogether, besides this can sometimes be the best thing for your progress.

I got a lower back injury from deadlifts a couple of years ago, I just don't do that exercise anymore and work around the injury... But yea, I could not even sit in a car properly because of murdering pain in my lower back, just coped with it.. Went away after 1.5 years

I got a lower back injury from deadlifts a couple of years ago, I just don't do that exercise anymore and work around the injury... But yea, I could not even sit in a car properly because of murdering pain in my lower back, just coped with it.. Went away after 1.5 years

If you are going to continue doing deadlifts then use straps for grip and a lower back belt, also go easy on the weight. Be very aware of your technique..

Failed glute activation MAY be the reason you are leaning back way to far on your deadlift, forcing your lower back to take way to much stress, its only a little fellow compared to your arse.

I have no idea what im talking about but mayb watch a video of your deadlift, and be aware that your glutes need to fire.