NZBB's Strongest Bodybuilder Competition 2011

soundsgood

Who is NZBB's strongest bodybuilder for 2011?

Lets find out who talks the talk and who walks the walk. Put up or shut up

The competition is split into 3 classes. Novice, Elite and Internet Warrior. In all classes you have to video yourself doing 8 repetitions of the heaviest:-

Squat

Benchpress and

Deadlift you can manage

Of course you can do more than 8 reps if you wish but you must do 8 reps minimum for your lift to qualify. Why 8 reps? That is about the minimum reps most bodybuilders will use while hypertrophy training.

Benchpress - No spotter touching the bar at any time, no liftoff, no guide. If he touches the bar, it doesn't count. To the chest, touch and go, no blatant bouncing (a little momentum is fine)

Squat - To parallel at least. Belt and wraps are fine, no squat suit

Deadlifts - Again belt and knee wraps or similar are fine, no deadlift suits. Yes Wrist Straps are also fine.

The heaviest of each lift receives 5 points, 2nd gets 4 points etc (if there is a tie in one event then more reps will determine the winner).

The video of you doing the lift must be posted on youtube or vimeo or whereever and linked to this page. Please no crappy 2004 phone videos. No e-lifts either, show the weights on the barbell before the lift.

You may post as many times as you like and you don't have to enter all events. Yes there are prizes! Exactly what remains to be seen, but you will definately receive the kudos of winning this event (yes you can put it in your signature if you feel that way inclined lol). Two in each class (one overall and one calculated on wilks) plus one for the competitor who shows the most guts (as judged by a poll at the end).

HOW DO I QUALIFY

To qualify for the Novice or Elite classes you must have competed in a bodybuilding show in the last 12 months or be under 10% bodyfat. Everyone knows someone else on the forum, so it can be verified in person or a quick ab shot can be used for qualifying if its in dispute. If not you can still enter but must be in the 'Internet Warrior' class. Technically you can not be be classed as NZBB's strongest bodybuilder, but that should not stop you from enjoying this competition.

WHICH CLASS WILL I BE IN?

If you qualify under the show or under 10% rules It is up to you which class you would like to be in. You can choose to be Novice or Elite. Otherwise you are obviously in the Internet Warrior class.

You have till Monday the 12th Dec to get those videos in so getting lifting. Please pre register now so I can get numbers interested.

Good luck and have fun \:D/

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REGISTERED

ELITE

Soundsgood

HarryB

Android

Tomsamnce

PeterDolan

Train Hard

NOVICE

Trainlikeafreak

hhh1

Genetic Freak

Shutupandsquat

Andrew

INTERNET WARRIOR

I declare war

Thatwaslight

Crazy Facials

Tomleegolf

Luigi

Wookie

Beast Builder

Lemon

LIFTS

ELITE

BENCH

1. Soundsgood - 165kg x 8 @ 113kg

2. TrainHard - 140kg x 8 @ 96kg

3. PeterDolan - 115kg x 8 @ 80kg

SQUAT

1. Soundsgood - 235kg x 8 @ 112kg

2. PeterDolan - 193kg x 9 @ 79kg

3. TrainHard - 180kg x 8 @ 96kg

DEAD

1. Soundsgood - 225kg x 8 @ 113kg

2. TrainHard - 220kg x 8 @ 96kg

3. PeterDolan - 206kg x 10 @ 80kg

NOVICE

BENCH

1. hhh1 - 100kg x 10 @ 95kg

2. Shutupandsquat - 80kg x 8 @ 68kg

SQUAT

1. Shutupandsquat - 150kg x 8 @ 67kg

2. hhh1 - 130kg x 8 @ 95kg

DEAD

1. hhh1 - 180kg x 8 @ 95kg

2. Shutupandsquat - 160kg x 10 @ 67kg

INTERNET WARRIOR

BENCH

1. Declare War - 130kg x 9 @ 88kg

2. TomleeGolf - 75kg x 10 @ 70kg

SQUAT

1. BeastBuilder - 165kg x 10 @ 100kg

2. Tomleegolf - 140kg x 8 @ 70kg

DEAD

1. BeastBuilder - 200kg x 12 @ 100kg

2. Greemah - 187kg x 8 @ 81kg

3. Tomleegolf - 140kg x 10 @ 70kg

Thank you IDW and Trainlikeafreak for registering. You don't get to choose your class sorry IDW lol.

I'm waiting on class choices from Tom, Pete, Kyle, Thatwaslight, Train hard, Nzhredder :pfft: (Tom, TWL, TH you guys are automatically Elite class if you enter).

Come on put your lifts where your mouth is.

Anyone else?

I'm cutting and there's no consideration for bodyweight which means I won't win so I won't do if no chance of me winning.

If u add a wilks type total calculation type thing in it would make it much more competitive and i'd probably enter.

Okay bro, one overall winner and one calculated on Wilks.

Thanks for not shit slinging and thread derailing too :lol:

I'd be keen but I'm probably like 13% BF. And 8 reps?! I don't think my cardio will allow me to do such high reps.

I'm probably about that too, tomleegolf. But, we're on the Internet here dude, never admit to that! :pfft: I'm on a big bulk at the moment, so there's no way in hell I'm coming down either. :shifty:

8 reps is good cardio bro, you'll enjoy the change. You'll probably gain a lot of strength and size doing this. At your stage in your development, the kind of training that would be involved for something like this is nothing but good. You'll get a lot of strength transfer into your max lifts when you go back to powerlifting. :)

I'd be keen but I'm probably like 13% BF. And 8 reps?! I don't think my cardio will allow me to do such high reps.

I'm probably about that too, tomleegolf. But, we're on the Internet here dude, never admit to that! :pfft: I'm on a big bulk at the moment, so there's no way in he'll I'm coming down either. :shifty:

8 reps is good cardio bro, you'll enjoy the change. You'll probably gain a lot of strength and size doing this. At your stage in your development, the kind of training that would be involved for something like this is nothing but good. :)

Yeah fuark, I did 8 reps with 140 deadlift a few weeks ago. That had me puffing. Videoed it too

Hey SG, can we try anyway even if we arent eligible for prizes?