NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
lemon

1 rep form

Was wondering how the rest of you judge your 1 rep. Bench probably the main one in question.

For example. In powerlifting standards I will probably do about 140-145kg raw bench (pause, grounding points, touch chest)

Whereas if I touch chest without pause and miss a few grounding points I can do 157.5kg-160kg, raw.

What number do you share with others?

^^Too true. Like the "how many chicks..." question, bench is nearly always exaggerated. If someone asks for a max, I'll usually tell them what I've done in a comp, and what I can do "in the gym", and explain the difference. Your average Joe is obviously going to be thinking a touch n go (IF that), so I don't see why someone would handicap their stats by quoting a comp/paused figure. If I was equipped, I'd like to think I'd quote a raw gym number, but who knows :pfft:

Wish people would care more about squat/dead 1RM :cry: (possibly because bench is my weak lift :pfft:)

Your average Joe is obviously going to be thinking a touch n go (IF that), so I don't see why someone would handicap their stats by quoting a comp/paused figure. If I was equipped, I'd like to think I'd quote a raw gym number, but who knows :pfft:

Right on the button there Drizzt, probably only 5% of gym members, if that would want to pause for various reasons.

Wish people would care more about squat/dead 1RM :cry: (possibly because bench is my weak lift :pfft:)

You and the other 90% of members in The House would fall into that catergory :clap:

what i can actually bounce off my chest + 10-15kg everyone else will be the same

I either tell people what I can do with my TP lifting as much as he can while spotting OR I just say a weight I have seen some massive dude do on youtube but say I did it raw...

"yeah 300k? I did it for reps AND raw.. and I'm natural!"

what i can actually bounce off my chest + 10-15kg everyone else will be the same

I either tell people what I can do with my TP lifting as much as he can while spotting !"

:pfft: lol this is prob the gym norm 1RM

One of my early mentors always had a tape measure in the gym bag and if you made some ridiculous claim he'd be like "20 inch arms eh? Tell ya what, I'll give you $500 bucks if you arm is even 19... or you can bench how much, look how about you do 10 k less and I will give you $500 but if not you pay me".. that shut everyone up real quick!

Sweet as - I'll go with the big number then :D

160kg, 21yrs old 83kg BW 6'2 tall, raw and natural and to the chest. (you mirin?)

:shock:

straight mirin' if srs

Srs. Though I do lift my bum to press 160

i can half rep 200 for a single perfect half rep form but when i tell people i don,t mention half rep just 200kg

I can walk out 220 does that count aswell?.........NO

i can half rep 200 for a single perfect half rep form but when i tell people i don,t mention half rep just 200kg

Vid or it never happened ha ha ha ha ha

no walkout does not count but if you do a 2 inch knee bend you can brag to your mates that you squated 220