Any Auckland gyms open late?

Reilly

Does anyone know of an Auckland gym or two that are open late or preferably 24 hours?

I belong to JustWorkout which, while a great gym, closes at 9 and I frequently don't have enough time to schedule it in. My job means I'm travelling a lot during the day and evening. Back when Healthlands was 24 hours I used to pay the casual fee so I could workout there if I missed a workout but that's history now.

Any help with an Auckland gym that's open past 10 pm or 24 hours?

yeah i think he means a general gym u know with all the stuff not 7 of one thing and none of the other.

i think there used to be a gym open 24hrs but would cost them too much to run it in wages.

and the amount of foot traffick wouldnt be worth paying someone to be on the floor.

if you work late shifts it would be handy. but im sure everyrone can find time no matter wat there working day is.

Cheers for the replies, guys. This gym on Gillies Ave actually sounds alright. Anyone know if they've got a lat-pulldown or cable row setup? They're the only machines I'd prefer to use.

Also, to get a 24 hour key, do you have to be a member for a set period of time first?

They have both of those. There is also a leg press, standing leg curl, seated leg extensions (but the pads are so frayed, the bar will press into your shins lol), pec deck, calf raises, incline bench, hyperextension and

NO CARDIO MACHINES.

And there are boxes at different hights !!.. you can squat onto them, jump onto them, deadlift from them or on them...good fun :)

Go have a look to get a feel off it.

They have both of those. There is also a leg press, standing leg curl, seated leg extensions (but the pads are so frayed, the bar will press into your shins lol), pec deck, calf raises, incline bench, hyperextension and

NO CARDIO MACHINES.

And there are boxes at different hights !!.. you can squat onto them, jump onto them, deadlift from them or on them...good fun :)

Go have a look to get a feel off it.

:jive:

• 1 year later...

There's Fitness 24 7 out at Airport Oaks - set up by 'Don Oliver Fitness', in the same building as their Warehouse and show rooms. I trained there a few times last year, all really new. Popular with the people working shift work at the airport, and shiping companies, etc. I'm not sure if they are still operating 24/7 or what the deal is becuse the website isn't up to date... but the address is:

38 Richard Pearse Drive

Airport Oaks

Phone 0800 77 22 33