Would you support a new fed if it was started?

tinytraps

Would you support/join a new federation if one was to start?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support/join a new federation if one was to start?

• Yes
    • No

your fed and the IPF

Where does it say its mine bro...Im just talking about it. Feds are made by all the people for all the people Just like NZPF is your fed and the 199 others who are in it :lol:

and it has to be the points of difference that will draw people to your fed instead of the NZPF, as the NZPF is already established and has a strong member base.

200 is not strong bro

People do get bans in the IPF, but funnily enough they end up lifting in feds you are planning to associate yourself with

Really? has Maria changed feds? The other lifter I mentioned is taking a break

(Also I don't see how it can be "libel slander" or "defamation of character" when a) i'm talking about a hypothetical federation that doesn't exist yet and b) no one has joined this hypothetical fed yet so i'm not actually talking about anyone in particular?)

just a friendly warning in case you werent awar of the delicate nature of the beast bro..just sayin

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

You running in the elections Steak?

CBC party?

All benefits tied into your gross of three lifts!

Gotta have benefits for the health system, not to mention justice, crime will be down as they will all be too tired!

:lol:

:lol: after 25 years at sea including 15 as a charter boat captain my tolerence level for humans is at an all time low and I'm probably not suitable material although I may do a better job than some in powah right now bro :lol:

I would have to re-introduce walking the plank too :twisted:

*As a side note: If the drugs that people are taking are not in fact PEDs then why not just align a new federation to a different drug testing regime (non-WADA) that only tests for PEDs? Then lifters can smoke all the weed they want! :grin:

good point bro Could be a viable option

theres nothing stoping a fed having 2 divisions either, one tested for PEDs (but allowing you to use stims ie jack3d/cursed) and the other not

afed that would Allow you to have a turbo or a scoop of jacked during compititon or a gaspri test booster or hell seasonin that contains Citrus aurantium, comps are long, and caffine only goes so far :lol::lol: ....most of this is why NZPF members got there bans in the 1st place not due to AAS.

Interesting that those not keen are focused on the untested part of the opinion .... IMO this is only a small part of the discussion. If a second fed started that was tested but openned doors to regular RAW events and relaxed the branded limitations on the available equipment that could be used then this would probably be met well also.

You still need to have guidlines but then there is taking it too far and pricing it out of reach of noobs.

I still support one fed but closer working relationship with barbell clubs - under "house rules" the members descide what is acceptable - and I dont need to pull 670 raw in a comp to qualify the lift .... just watch the footage or come to the next CBC - I rather do it alongside the guys I share the concrete with anyday if I couldn't otherwise :nod:

:)

Interesting that those not keen are focused on the untested part of the opinion .... IMO this is only a small part of the discussion. If a second fed started that was tested but openned doors to regular RAW events and relaxed the branded limitations on the available equipment that could be used then this would probably be met well also.

You still need to have guidlines but then there is taking it too far and pricing it out of reach of noobs.

I still support one fed but closer working relationship with barbell clubs - under "house rules" the members descide what is acceptable - and I dont need to pull 670 raw in a comp to qualify the lift .... just watch the footage or come to the next CBC - I rather do it alongside the guys I share the concrete with anyday if I couldn't otherwise :nod:

:)

:clap:

How do you see the current fed getting involved with the clubs bro...if you dont mind expanding on that a bit please. Im sure there's merit in the idea

I wasnt going to post on this subject becasue most people know were i stand. If people are looking for an argument they are not going to get one. If you want to go have another fed then be my guest. I will be against it and will not hide that fact.

people need to be patient. Changes are being made and progress is happening. people are saying that they have waited long enough? well how long have you waited? i have been in the sport 3 years and it is improving every year. How long do you think it will take to set up a fed, gain support and have the fed offering lifters what u want it too offer? And who will be running it? I have offered the option of how things are changed but in an organisation but people dont seem to be keen. What position do you think you will be in when you are seting up a fed?

It was only 12 months ago that it looked as if Raw lifting was never going to happen, well in 6 weeks we will have our first sanctioned Raw comp.

I cant stop people leaving for other feds but most of the people talking about it are not even members of NZPF anyway. And drugs may not be the main reason fro a new fed but when potential members are saying that they want to compete knowing they are on drugs and not get tested what are we supposed to think?

I wasnt going to post on this subject

yes you were :lol:

it is improving every year.

agree

How long do you think it will take to set up a fed, gain support and have the fed offering lifters what u want it too offer?

How long is a piece of string? No-one can answer those questions with any qualified answer cos its breaking new ground if it happens

And who will be running it?

a committee I would expect just like the existing fed. Seems to be the best way to do things. Setting it up as a business wouldnt work - businesses have to make money and powerlifting feds dont make any :lol:

What position do you think you will be in when you are seting up a fed?

The squat postion :lol: Im not sure what you mean by this question

It was only 12 months ago that it looked as if Raw lifting was never going to happen, well in 6 weeks we will have our first sanctioned Raw comp.

and if it goes well the rest of the associations may follow suit. Thats great news for Pl in NZ and no-one is disagreeing about that.

I cant stop people leaving for other feds but most of the people talking about it are not even members of NZPF anyway.

DUH! that's cos they dont want to be part of the NZPF. I have signed up a few of our lifters and have paid for 2 of my owns families memberships, subsidised others and spent countless hours and dollars on the sport in NZ. NZPF is the only CHOICE at the moment!...and it may remain that way forever bro...we are only talking out loud. Now you wont be hearing any NZPF members doing that will you...they would only get shunned by the fed and end up left out in the cold. The cold shoulder exists...Im expecting a bit of it myself...your loss if you choose to turn your back to me

And drugs may not be the main reason fro a new fed but when potential members are saying that they want to compete knowing they are on drugs and not get tested what are we supposed to think?

Some have come out and said that,this is true and Im sure the honesty is appreciated. You know where you stand with these individuals then. Doesnt mean eveyone is going down that road though does it now. You should be pleased that these individuals have the decency to stay out of NZPF and honour that its trying to be a clean fed. Its only NZPF members getting busted in NZ powerlifting bro

Think we'll let this die a natural death now - the chalks on the pavement

LOL - heard this a few times over the years. Talk of change with no change is a waste of breath! :nod:

If someone wants it they need to man the f*ck up (and cash the f*ck up!) and start the party. If not, accept the status quo with NZPF & Club Meets. Either ways good with me :grin:

Think we'll let this die a natural death now - the chalks on the pavement

LOL - heard this a few times over the years. Talk of change with no change is a waste of breath! :nod:

If someone wants it they need to man the f*ck up (and cash the f*ck up!) and start the party. If not, accept the status quo with NZPF & Club Meets. Either ways good with me :grin:

Pretty much why I haven't got involved in this whole debate until there is a choice and can see benefits or not from one to another no point talking about it in my veiw 8)

The cold shoulder exists...Im expecting a bit of it myself...

Won't happen bro, if you were WPO/WPC then NZPF lifters would not be able to compete at your comps, and don't quote me, but I think you would not be able to assist your lifters (NZPF) in the warm up area.

Lifters are Lifters, the camaraderie is always their, just the politics get in the way.

Won't happen bro, if you were WPO/WPC then NZPF lifters would not be able to compete at your comps, and don't quote me, but I think you would not be able to assist your lifters (NZPF) in the warm up area.

^ this presuming there was actually another fed and I was actually signed to it...I dont see any problem if I just stay unsigned :lol:

its easy to laugh about it.... but something like the Telecom Powerlifting Series or the Monster Energy Monsters of Steel Series are very real possibilities.

Without having to stick to the sometimes anal protocoles of the IPF large corporates and business owners can be approached to get in behind and benefit from the exposure something like this could bring. Clothing brands, sports equipment wholesalers, sports drink brands ...the whole thing is an event organisers dream come true.

It is this type of thing that seriously disables NZPF as they are not allowed to go outside the IPF rules and use sponsors other than from the approved list. Kind of stink really as there are so many great athletes in the NZPF and they are prbably not getting the recognition they deserve - case in point Tonka - 10 times NZ Bench Press Champ! He could be the poster boy for the fed and be attracting big corporate $.