Aesthetics

Loochi

Aesthetic to me means you could be any size as long as all the deep cuts are showing and you have the x frame look, ie a smaller waist then shoulders and quads. Dexter Jackson to me is aesthetic . Tony freeman , Dennis wolf. I dont even know what im talking about. :lol:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aesthetics to me means scared to put on body fat, scared to train legs, scared to do heavy triples, scared to do deadlifts and only lifting to pull chicks.

IDK, I only see kebab eaters aiming for that look, and they always seem to be in large groups of males. No females to be seen.

Perhaps it is to pull males? Everything else you said is spot on.

Aesthetics means wanting to be ripped, with whatever muscle they can achieve.

If they really wanted to be "huge" they would have to take steroids. Or they would let go the "aesthetic build" and go as big naturally as they can making them slightly fatter.

Because no ones is going to get "huge", while aesthetic, without being on steroids.

Aesthetics means wanting to be ripped, with whatever muscle they can achieve.

If they really wanted to be "huge" they would have to take the same approach as HarryB and be enhanced. Or they would let go the "aesthetic build" and go as big naturally as they can making them slightly fatter.

Because no ones is going to get "huge", while aesthetic, without being on steroids.

Because it's that simple right? Use gear, get huge & ripped, just like that. The person that most of these guys aspire too, Zyzz, was most certainly using.

Because it's that simple right? Use gear, get huge & ripped, just like that. The person that most of these guys aspire too, Zyzz, was most certainly using.

I didn't say it was simple? I just said to get there, huge and ripped, you will need steroids.

Lol everyone that is idolized who is 'aesthetic' is juiced up to the eye balls, gear has nothing to do with it

I must have my understandings wrong. I thought gear was referred to steroids?

But yes agreed. Sorter what I'm trying to say although JR is idolized by some and I don't think hes juiced? Not a huge fellow.

Lol everyone that is idolized who is 'aesthetic' is juiced up to the eye balls, gear has nothing to do with it

I must have my understandings wrong. I thought gear was referred to steroids?

But yes agreed. Sorter what I'm trying to say although JR is idolized by some and I don't think hes juiced? Not a huge fellow.

juice/gear/aas/celltech/frogtech/steroids/southern creatine all the same thing

Aesthetics to me means scared to put on body fat, scared to train legs, scared to do heavy triples, scared to do deadlifts and only lifting to pull chicks.

Close-minded.

Powerlifting to me means loves putting on heaps of bodyfat, scared to isolate biceps, scared to hit triple dropsets, scared to curl in the squatrack and only lifting to impress other guys.

See how ignorant that is? its exactly the sentiment in your post. You're no better than me because you choose to do those things. I lift for myself and i lift the way i want to. who are you to judge?

Close-minded.

Powerlifting to me means loves putting on heaps of bodyfat, scared to isolate biceps, scared to hit triple dropsets, scared to curl in the squatrack and only lifting to impress other guys.

See how ignorant that is? its exactly the sentiment in your post. You're no better than me because you choose to do those things. I lift for myself and i lift the way i want to. who are you to judge?

didn't say it applied to you but to the average phaggot who is pursuing 'aesthetics' this usually applies and lol i am not a powerlifter and i am not fat.

however if you curl in the squat rack i hope you get throat cancer. srs

Close-minded.

didn't say it applied to you but to the average phaggot who is pursuing 'aesthetics' this usually applies and lol i am not a powerlifter and i am not fat.

Does NZhreeder use weights or a bowflex?

Close-minded.

At least they are pursuing something man? how can you hate on them for it.. i respect them a whole lot more than 'big guys' who look down their nose at guys trying to get into training.

hahaha lol'd @ throat cancer. i actually curl in the power rack, but if i notice someone wants it for a power movement i just offer to move and do them on the ground

Close-minded.

At least they are pursuing something man? how can you hate on them for it.. i respect them a whole lot more than 'big guys' who look down their nose at guys trying to get into training.

hahaha lol'd @ throat cancer. i actually curl in the power rack, but if i notice someone wants it for a power movement i just offer to move and do them on the ground

agreed mate, good to see guys getting into the gym just a few not quite getting it right lol. i have never looked down at anyone tying to get into training i was a 60kg toothpick grunting 17kg dumbbell presses once and if the opportunity ever presents itself i will always help guys out. im not 'hating' on you btw just sometimes the whole aesthetics thing can get a bit nauseating.

Do you even misc you fukcing phaggot?

agreed mate, good to see guys getting into the gym just a few not quite getting it right lol. i have never looked down at anyone tying to get into training i was a 60kg toothpick grunting 17kg dumbbell presses once and if the opportunity ever presents itself i will always help guys out. im not 'hating' on you btw just sometimes the whole aesthetics thing can get a bit nauseating.

well exactly, the guys hes talking about probably saw what zyzz did with his life and thought i want that too. Been in the gym for 3months and don't know what theyr doing - instead of helping them these fukin guys just call them worthless phaggots.

I will never forget what i used to look like.. 58kg kid in a singlet doing quater reps of a 1plate bench.. and for that reason i'm not going to hate on someone for trying to change.

i fuarking love the misc

well exactly, the guys hes talking about probably saw what zyzz did with his life and thought i want that too. Been in the gym for 3months and don't know what theyr doing - instead of helping them these fukin guys just call them worthless phaggots.

I will never forget what i used to look like.. 58kg kid in a singlet doing quater reps of a 1plate bench.. and for that reason i'm not going to hate on someone for trying to change.

i fuarking love the misc

lol i think you got me wrong i am aware that noobs gunna noob. i just hate phaggots that have been lifting for ages that say things like 'i don't want to get too big'.... :roll:

most people think what Zyzz did is unique which i find rather baffling....(in terms of bodybuilding not his persona) he tried to gain as much muscle as possible while staying lean... not exactly revolutionary it just confuses me. (no hate Zyzz was brilliant)

lol i think you got me wrong i am aware that noobs gunna noob. i just hate phaggots that have been lifting for ages that say things like 'i don't want to get too big'.... :roll:

most people think what Zyzz did is unique which i find rather baffling....(in terms of bodybuilding not his persona) he tried to gain as much muscle as possible while staying lean... not exactly revolutionary it just confuses me. (no hate Zyzz was brilliant)

oh man... don't even get me started on 'i dont wana get too big'.

here i am busting my ass trying to get bigger, barely succeeding and these guys think they'll 'accidently' get too big... its a straight up insult lol

i think its just the scale of the whole thing really..

Aesthetic versus not. Both great bodybuilders.

beeg11252.jpg

Aesthetic versus not. Again both great bodybuilders.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1931&stc=1&d=1105603441

Great beach bodies, lots of hard work and I'm sure the ladies/guys appreciate this. But not great bodybuilders, in fact not bodybuilders at all - more like hard working gym guys with above average muscle mass and well below average bodyfat.

185887_1766960367537_1044999304_2030414_6297485_n.jpg

Aesthetics in bodybuilding and aesthetics on the beach are not the same thing. Not saying ones better than the other but this is a bodybuilding forum not a beach bodies nuthugging forum.

Here's two Internet definitions for peeps to consider, don't really like the second one as strength has nothing to do with Bodybuilding apart from being a byproduct of increased mass. The first with "especially for competitive exhibition" sums it up, though I guess a modern day aesthetics peep could argue the beach/club is their stage!!

The process of developing the musculature of the body through specific types of diet and physical exercise, such as weightlifting, especially for competitive exhibition.

The practice of strengthening and enlarging the muscles of the body through exercise.

Great photo examples, Nate. Awesome way to illustrate the old debate of size versus shape. Out of interest, do you know who beat who?

Aesthetics in bodybuilding and aesthetics on the beach are not the same thing.

That's true, but the processes involved (the "specific types of diet and physical exercise" to quote your definition) are still the same. And I'd also argue that even within bodybuilding, the aesthetic ideal changes depending on whether you're in a physique/athletic/fitness/figure/bikini class.

Not saying ones better than the other but this is a bodybuilding forum not a beach bodies nuthugging forum.

Ahem... :wink:

Because this is a bodybuilding site ... you're just in the wrong website. Is all!

The name of the website is NZBodybuilding.co.nz, but above that is a positioning statement - we are "New Zealand's online bodybuilding and fitness community". That also includes everyone from the strength guys to the crossfitters to the aesthetically-focused. The fact is, there's a huge overlap between "codes" and it doesn't make much sense to exclude people because they have slightly different goals, when we have so much else in common.

Maybe I should add "beach body nuthuggers" to the list of accepted groups? :pfft:

Psuedo appeasing the masses since way back when! :pfft: :grin:

The Zane vs Ruhl photo is a mock up, they competed about 20 years apart. Zane did well in the 202 Olympias from memory but got beat overall by the bigger guys. Shawn Ray similarly later on much to his fans disgust.

Wheeler beat Nasser everytime! (from memory). I liked Nasser for his freakiness but Wheeler was as close to perfection as could be found when he hit his conditioning.

I'm not against the trend of "Modern Aesthetics", if anything it introduces a whole lot more people to Bodybuilding. Just don't confuse the two! :grin:

Psuedo appeasing the masses since way back when! :pfft: :grin:

The Zane vs Ruhl photo is a mock up, they competed about 20 years apart. Zane did well in the 202 Olympias from memory but got beat overall by the bigger guys. Shawn Ray similarly later on much to his fans disgust.

Wheeler beat Nasser everytime! (from memory). I liked Nasser for his freakiness but Wheeler was as close to perfection as could be found when he hit his conditioning.

I'm not against the trend of "Modern Aesthetics", if anything it introduces a whole lot more people to Bodybuilding. Just don't confuse the two! :grin:

Is the mens beach body or whatever it is now where they wear boardies an attempt to get thse new breed of guys competing?