Aesthetics

Loochi

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's just become more socially exceptable to chase that so called "aesthetic" look in the past couple ov years. Back when I first started training if you weren't trying to get as massive as possible you were a pussy.

bring back those days

x2, f*ck aesthetics, I'm going for as big as possible the whole way !!

It's all good when the person doing it isn't all phaggot, mirin', brah and all that other superficial and immature crap all the time (like that NZhredder fella :roll:)!

i fully totally agree with YOU I DECLARE WAR!!!

Yeah mate, sometimes you just got to call the bullshit when it presents itself. :)

Aesthetics alone won't win anything, just as mass on it's own won't. But if you have comparable mass then aesthetics will give you a win because you LOOK bigger. I really only think of aesthetics in a bodybuilding sense, if you're doing it for the beach there's some dude on a surf board who doesn't train at all, has no legs, f*ck all muscles and is still going to get the girls you think your new found muscles are going to get you lol

I think you can get away with less mass if you have great aesthetics, which is how a middleweight will beat a heavy for an overall but you got to have some muscle for your frame or you're just a puny little dude. Bb speak of course. Saying that though, we don't really choose our shape, we can just do the best with what our bodies are genetically predisposed to being. If you're lucky and everything grows well and you have naturally wide shoulders and a comparatively small waist then you are already ahead (and I hate you!) ha ha ha

Perfectly put.

haters gona hate????????????????????

:pfft: :lol:

Nah mate... The thing that no one seems to believe is that ANYONE can achieve that aesthetic look... ANYONE regardless of their genetics whether it is superior or poor...

All it is, is a combination of lean-ness, doing side twist poses and being under light.. :pfft: for example, here I am during a photo shoot and the photographer took the picture from the side.. (no light) Which to 99% of the population = aesthetic..

shoot3h.jpg

Here is a better picture to demonstrate the 'aesthetic' posing.. (with a tiny bit of light)

lolaes.jpg

and if you REALLY want to be aesthetic, you go under dim light to create more shadows to add more cuts... :lol:

Because this is a bodybuilding site and that's what I and others want to look like, 'bodybuilders'.. When people start questioning your thread buddy, it's not because they're so called hating on you.. But rather appreciate pictures of the classical bodybuilding poses... More so than the aesthetic ones. I agree with you though, the 'aesthetic' look will definitely generate more appeal and respect from society and can you can't really blame them.. But I simply love the bodybuilding look.. Simply because it's harder and requires alot of skill (in my personal opinion anyway..) - And yeah, I realise I'm only a light weight abut I'll get there and catch up to Soundsgood one day :lol: :grin: I am definitely going ot stay to the 'symmetry' side of things rather than the 'aesthetic'. :nod:

offseasonsidechest.jpg

frontdoublebicepv.jpg

27061410150661212050038.jpg

Again Simon, no one is taking away the fact that you worked your ass off to get to your physique, but no one is hating.. :) you're just in the wrong website. Is all!

To the rest of the community, I'm truely sorry to post these pictures which are 3 months old.. But if I said something like I did up there with nothing to back it up, I would have possibly been ridiculed by the OP as I have seen in some of his threads he does so based on their no avitar etc :grin:

^ notorius phaggot!

seriously bro...

u aint really strong.

u aint very big.

and u aint really super lean.... opps i mean "shredded"

your fucken average mate... just like 90% of all the other faggats claiming this aethetic bullshit. look like swimmers.

i aint hating im just telling like it is.

u mad brah?

Great post Loochi. I agree with absolutely everything you've said, except these bits... :D

Because this is a bodybuilding site ... you're just in the wrong website. Is all!

The name of the website is NZBodybuilding.co.nz, but above that is a positioning statement - we are "New Zealand's online bodybuilding and fitness community". That also includes everyone from the strength guys to the crossfitters to the aesthetically-focused. The fact is, there's a huge overlap between "codes" and it doesn't make much sense to exclude people because they have slightly different goals, when we have so much else in common. :kiss:

As for the original question, I think bodybuilders have always strived for aesthetics - although maybe we used other terms like proportions and symmetry. The only difference is that now it's also being picked up by people who aren't interested in competitions.

My bad Pseudo,

Forgot it was New Zealand's online bodybuilding and fitness community :pfft:

Guess it was just because I went off by www.nzbodybuilding.co.nz :lol: - (forgot about power lifting etc, sorry guys! :grin: ) I guess at the end of the day we're all trying to better our selves in some way.

Gotta remind myself of that. It'd be a tad annoying to see alot of 'mirin' 'fuarrrkk' comments all the time though, gotta admit lol.

But hey, there's one thing I will admit. The 'aesthetic' people are doing a far better job than 'bodybuilders' at making people motivated to get off their ass... Maybe people will disagree with me... But I see so many people in person who keep asking "Have you heard of Zyzz?" lol.

If it's helping people get fit, that's cool. If it's turning people into trolls... Not so cool. There was one troll, Zyzz and he died. I just don't think there's a need to mimic him..

:pfft: :lol:

Nah mate... The thing that no one seems to believe is that ANYONE can achieve that aesthetic look... ANYONE regardless of their genetics whether it is superior or poor...

All it is, is a combination of lean-ness, doing side twist poses and being under light.. :pfft: for example, here I am during a photo shoot and the photographer took the picture from the side.. (no light) Which to 99% of the population = aesthetic..

shoot3h.jpg

Here is a better picture to demonstrate the 'aesthetic' posing.. (with a tiny bit of light)

lolaes.jpg

and if you REALLY want to be aesthetic, you go under dim light to create more shadows to add more cuts... :lol:

Because this is a bodybuilding site and that's what I and others want to look like, 'bodybuilders'.. When people start questioning your thread buddy, it's not because they're so called hating on you.. But rather appreciate pictures of the classical bodybuilding poses... More so than the aesthetic ones. I agree with you though, the 'aesthetic' look will definitely generate more appeal and respect from society and can you can't really blame them.. But I simply love the bodybuilding look.. Simply because it's harder and requires alot of skill (in my personal opinion anyway..) - And yeah, I realise I'm only a light weight abut I'll get there and catch up to Soundsgood one day :lol: :grin: I am definitely going ot stay to the 'symmetry' side of things rather than the 'aesthetic'. :nod:

offseasonsidechest.jpg

frontdoublebicepv.jpg

27061410150661212050038.jpg

Again Simon, no one is taking away the fact that you worked your ass off to get to your physique, but no one is hating.. :) you're just in the wrong website. Is all!

To the rest of the community, I'm truely sorry to post these pictures which are 3 months old.. But if I said something like I did up there with nothing to back it up, I would have possibly been ridiculed by the OP as I have seen in some of his threads he does so based on their no avitar etc :grin:

Strong serious/eloquent/huge post.. mine probably won't have the same grace

you're obviously alot bigger/leaner than i am and i could only guess you've been training for a bit longer than i have. mirin'.

Just because my end result goals are different to yours -

- i want to look as aesthetically pleasing as possible while maintaining as much mass as i can

- you want to win bodybuilding shows

We're really not all that different, and i don't like the way people put my goal down - asif what i'm trying to achieve isn't worth as much, or is subpar. You don't see me going around telling people i think powerlifting is worthless and ANYONE can do it because you just eat lots and lift weight off the ground.

i guess all i'm trying to say is what you are trying to achieve is no more worthy than what i am. you aren't the judge.

NZHredder, I apologise for putting down your goal. And I apologise for offending you. :)

I agree with you, we're not very different from each other at all and to each their own.

I know you mean well even when people find your slang annoying. :pfft:

You make good points. Who cares what someone's trying to achieve? Right?

Best of luck with your goals of inspiring others in how ever way you choose to do it! :nod:

Just for the record; no I don't want to just win bodybuilding shows :pfft: and you look great despite what others may say.. Go hard!

I am interested in what constitutes aesthetics for you NZhredder?

I mean what exactly does it mean to you? You want to be lean but stay as big as possible.. that's bodybuilding bro. It's just semantics and word games and dare I say it an excuse because heaven forbid you say you'd like to be bigger and a BODYBUILDER... what's changing your bodyshape by weight training and diet but bodybuilding?

A guy I knew a long long time ago said that just cos a broomstick has abs doesn't make it any more than a broomstick?

I don't get this aesthetics shit you guys always talk about ... ZYZZZ was jacked up to the eyeballs on gear and trained like a mofo to get as big as he could.

I have great aesthetics... but I am 105 kilos at 5'7.... in fact I am all about aesthetics! I won't downplay your goals just recognise what you are doing is bodybuilding... not aestheticizing? What the f*ck? ZYZZZZ trained hard as a mofo and was gassed up to his eyeballs trying to get as big as he could and be lean as well... yeah we're all doing that here, it's called bodybuilding. (excuse me powerlifters I know you aren't.. and I respect you so don't coming stealing my squat rack!)

The gym I train at is full of guys like ZYZZZ and for them training for aesthetics means not training legs and basically having good abs and a few muscles in their arms and a bit of pec... but make sure your shredded and be sure and not look too hard at the guy benching 4 plates in the corner... he's probably taking WAY more steroids than they are.

Thank god for board shorts and thank god I can hang out with my other aesthetic mates on a friday night with my little sisters tshirt on carrying on like a wank! No guys... girls don't actually like that! Other guys in matching tshirts do though so you'll never be lonely!

I mean what exactly does it mean to you? You want to be lean but stay as big as possible.. that's bodybuilding bro. It's just semantics and word games and dare I say it an excuse because heaven forbid you say you'd like to be bigger and a BODYBUILDER... what's changing your bodyshape by weight training and diet but bodybuilding?

A guy I knew a long long time ago said that just cos a broomstick has abs doesn't make it any more than a broomstick?

I don't get this aesthetics shit you guys always talk about ... ZYZZZ was jacked up to the eyeballs on gear and trained like a mofo to get as big as he could.

I have great aesthetics... but I am 105 kilos at 5'7.... in fact I am all about aesthetics! I won't downplay your goals just recognise what you are doing is bodybuilding... not aestheticizing? What the f*ck? ZYZZZZ trained hard as a mofo and was gassed up to his eyeballs trying to get as big as he could and be lean as well... yeah we're all doing that here, it's called bodybuilding. (excuse me powerlifters I know you aren't.. and I respect you so don't coming stealing my squat rack!)

The gym I train at is full of guys like ZYZZZ and for them training for aesthetics means not training legs and basically having good abs and a few muscles in their arms and a bit of pec... but make sure your shredded and be sure and not look too hard at the guy benching 4 plates in the corner... he's probably taking WAY more steroids than they are.

Thank god for board shorts and thank god I can hang out with my other aesthetic mates on a friday night with my little sisters tshirt on carrying on like a wank! No guys... girls don't actually like that! Other guys in matching tshirts do though so you'll never be lonely!

:lol:

You seem to be taking the whole thing a little be seriously bro.

i've never liked to call myself a 'bodybuilder' because i'm not big enough and i don't compete in shows. Simple as that, who cares what label is put on it..

you can lump me in with whatever crowd you want, i'm simply doing what i love and alot of people find what i have done inspiring - and that feels good.

105kg @ 5'7 an aesthetic as f*ck? pics?

Mate if you are training with weights trying to change your physique that's bodybuilding no matter if you compete or not and no matter what size you are. From your pics you have a decent physique I just don't like the whole idea that there is a difference between one and the other. It's not about strength or size or condition, it's about intensity of effort and how you represent yourself to others.

Inspire? Interesting choice of words... oh and yeah bro I have great bodybuilding aesthetics and I am a tank... that's not so hard to believe is it? I don't inspire anyone though because I recognise not many people want to do what I have done or in fact want to be like me, I do however give time and effort to representing myself in the right way and trying to help people who ask if I am able to.