Building workout around knee injury?

ghost

Hey

I've just joined in the hope of getting some knowledgeable help with how to structure a workout when you have a knee injury.

A few months ago I hurt my knee playing indoor soccer and I have just found out I have torn my ACL, cartilage and have a small fracture haha so my knees buggered and out of action for probably 9-12months depending on when it can be operated on.

I have been lifting on a off for the last couple of years and started being a bit more serious this year as ive finished uni now.

Before my knee injury I was starting to enjoy the bigger lifts like deadlift and squats. But now im limited to upper body and exercises that dont put pressure on my knee.

At the moment Im doing:

Day 1: Chest/abs

Day 2: Back

Day 3: Shoulders/arms

4-5 times a week i just rotate them around.

I also will add some light leg stuff from the physio on the end of various sessions 2 times a week.

I was planning on cutting some fat before summer, but with my knee out im pretty limited on cardio. So im not really sure now? I think i still wana try?

Pretty much im just after opinions on what would be a good workout plan for my situation, and how I can switch it up because its gona be a long time until my knee is back in working order. Or if you have any ideas for exercises to keep my strength and fitness up?

Let me know if you want any more info, like what specific exercises etc

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...