thick. solid. tight?

hhhh1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha i am training legs now. started squatting as of a week ago. 120kgx7 which is shit as for my bodyweight right? also I only started doing deadlifts at the end of june. can get 205kgx4 (more happy with that).

The pic was before i started doing squats and deads, will post new better quality pics around start of november (so this is pretty much my 'before' pic)

Thanks for the motivation

13%

Why post a 'before' pic without an after pic? I mean, the picture is from 3 months ago so SURELY you've made improvements worth posting up.

because i dont have my 'after' pic yet. dont worry man, ill be sure to keep you posted on my continued progress with new progress pics or vid clips

Solid bro, that avi makes you look a lot smaller than you are. What does your split look like? Do you train on your own?

i sometimes train with my brother, occasionally a mate, but quite often alone.

dont have a very strict excercise program but at the moment looks something like this:

A (Chest and arms)

2 sets flyes on machine

dumbell bench

42.5*8

45*6

47.5*4

47.5*4

45*5

curls

about 5 sets

flat bb bench

100*7

110*4

110*4

100*6

couple sets chin ups

Incline bench

100*5

100*5

few more sets of curls

tricep extension cable thing

B Legs (quads)

3 sets leg extension (?)

3 sets 10-20 reps leg-press only 4-5 pps but go deep

squats

100*7

120*7

120*7

120*6

(probly do more sets than this)

legpress

3 more sets

calf raises (standing, machine)

3 sets

leg extensions again

C Shoulders

only just started doing shoulders

ohp standing (not in rack because its always taken)

45kg*9

60kg*5

dropping to 60kg*4 after maybe 6 sets

shrugs few sets in between sets of ohp (dont really like shrugs)

couple sets shoulder press on shitty machine

front raises with straight bar (light as)

D (back)

about 4 sets slow, wide pull ups

deadlifts (sometimes just do 145kg as many reps as i can for like 10 sets)

145*15

185*7

205*4

185*5

more pullups

other back shit

then repeat, ABCDABCD.....ABCD. are you in dunedin still jigga?

Also any advice about my shitty routine welcome. thanks.

Hammer those quads!! :naughty:

will do. what excercises would you reccomend? currently doing leg press, squats, leg extensions(?)

also reccomended excercises for calves anyone?

i was the same as you bro neglected them for too long and you really start to look like a f*ck wit, just make sure you are consistent or it will be very hard to bring them up. Squats, hacks, leg press bro! just go nuts

i was the same as you bro neglected them for too long and you really start to look like a f*ck wit, just make sure you are consistent or it will be very hard to bring them up. Squats, hacks, leg press bro! just go nuts

yep will definately make sure i train legs hard. my legs almost collapsed under me while walking down the steps outside the gym the other day after 10 sets of legpress. cheers for the advices

also elbows too pointy would not hit/10

lol

13%

Why post a 'before' pic without an after pic? I mean, the picture is from 3 months ago so SURELY you've made improvements worth posting up.

because i dont have my 'after' pic yet. dont worry man, ill be sure to keep you posted on my continued progress with new progress pics or vid clips

Good shit.

For mass building, squats, hack squats leg press and lunges. You can chuck leg extensions in there instead of one of those, but I wouldn't worry about it as a stable exercise. Switch it up between all of the exercises with a variety of techniques (high reps etc.).

Solid bro, that avi makes you look a lot smaller than you are. What does your split look like? Do you train on your own?

i sometimes train with my brother, occasionally a mate, but quite often alone.

dont have a very strict excercise program but at the moment looks something like this:

A (Chest and arms)

2 sets flyes on machine

dumbell bench

42.5*8

45*6

47.5*4

47.5*4

45*5

curls

about 5 sets

flat bb bench

100*7

110*4

110*4

100*6

couple sets chin ups

Incline bench

100*5

100*5

few more sets of curls

tricep extension cable thing

B Legs (quads)

3 sets leg extension (?)

3 sets 10-20 reps leg-press only 4-5 pps but go deep

squats

100*7

120*7

120*7

120*6

(probly do more sets than this)

legpress

3 more sets

calf raises (standing, machine)

3 sets

leg extensions again

C Shoulders

only just started doing shoulders

ohp standing (not in rack because its always taken)

45kg*9

60kg*5

dropping to 60kg*4 after maybe 6 sets

shrugs few sets in between sets of ohp (dont really like shrugs)

couple sets shoulder press on shitty machine

front raises with straight bar (light as)

D (back)

about 4 sets slow, wide pull ups

deadlifts (sometimes just do 145kg as many reps as i can for like 10 sets)

145*15

185*7

205*4

185*5

more pullups

other back shit

then repeat, ABCDABCD.....ABCD. are you in dunedin still jigga?

Also any advice about my shitty routine welcome. thanks.

Yeah I'm still in D, will be for another year. You obviously have a rough idea of what you are doing so stick with the program that works for you. Your chest routine looks solid. If you want to stick with your current split the only things I would change would be:

* Do Squats first and put everything you have got in to them. You can't go heavy if you have done leg press and extensions beforehand.

* Throw some heavy Barbell Rows in to your back routine. Pullups are good but you can't load them as easy as Rows.

I'd be keen to train with you further down the track if you wanted to do a split like Mon-Chest, Tue-Back, Wed-Off, Thu-Delts, Fri-Arms, Sat-Legs. If you're happy with what you're doing now stick with it and send me a PM when you want to go hard 5 days a week, every week.

Yeah I'm still in D, will be for another year. You obviously have a rough idea of what you are doing so stick with the program that works for you. Your chest routine looks solid. If you want to stick with your current split the only things I would change would be:

* Do Squats first and put everything you have got in to them. You can't go heavy if you have done leg press and extensions beforehand.

* Throw some heavy Barbell Rows in to your back routine. Pullups are good but you can't load them as easy as Rows.

yep ill try doing my squats first next legs day. will start doing rows as well, cheers

I'd be keen to train with you further down the track if you wanted to do a split like Mon-Chest, Tue-Back, Wed-Off, Thu-Delts, Fri-Arms, Sat-Legs. If you're happy with what you're doing now stick with it and send me a PM when you want to go hard 5 days a week, every week.

yeah ill stick with my split for the moment as a lot of the excercises are new to me, as is the split itself. when i get a bit stronger ill pm you lol