Fizzy Protein Shake

poos_n_wees

To be honest, I have no idea. But hey - that never stops me answering! :grin:

(And, as always, people are free to correct me)

I can't see that if would do any harm. The only thing I could think of that could possibly harm the protein might be the acidity - but the protein's going to meet acid when it hits your stomach anyway, so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

In fact, I think the fizz might even be beneficial, and possibly speed up absorption. Much along the same line as effervescent (sp?!) creatine was reputed to work. If that's true, it would be ideal for post-workout. You could then have it with real Sprite too, not the fake sugar-free stuff.

Quick, patent the idea before someone else does!

What the hell,........while you're at it add a little rum too after a squat session,.......to help deaden the pain! :P .........only kidding.

Most post work-out drinks are full of some form of sugar anyway,......and I have a strong feeling that the financial outlay for a tin of sprite plus a few scoops of "whatevers-you're-choice-powder" will be a damn site less than any BSN, MAX'S or DYMATIZE product!!!!

But,......if we don't hear from you again,......well........

• 2 months later...

i tried to make a mochachinno with my dymatizepowder and coffe and it went all clumpy and yuk, not reccommended good way to waster a scoop, i still drank it but it wasn't very pleasent

BTW that mixing with sprite sounds strange, did it really taste good?

not meaning to question you lol man thats a strange thing to try it with, you are special to come up with such original ideas, keep posting your new discoveries.

Most post work-out drinks are full of some form of sugar anyway,......and I have a strong feeling that the financial outlay for a tin of sprite plus a few scoops of "whatevers-you're-choice-powder" will be a damn site less than any BSN, MAX'S or DYMATIZE product!!!!

Would adding fizzy have the same effector similar to like one of the HORLEYS car replace shakes? but a portein replace shake prehaps?

um not sure how much relevance this has to protien powder + sprite, but i accidently made my shake one morning 2 weeks bak, with sparkling water [i thought is was jus still water] and it was disguuusting. had me gagging all the way through it. i dont suggest trying it. jus stik with plain water!

many people here have their shakes with milk?

Depends on the situation. Post-workout I just have water, for faster absorption. If it's a meal-replacement shake, then yes I usually mix with milk, for a sustained release. Midnight snack's the one exception - I just have water, because I don't like waking up to the taste of sour milk.

In the summer over here I wanted a frappucino, but unfortunately I was in the mode of contest dieting so couldn't have one (boo hoo). So I stuck with my regular protein shake (but made it with 1/2 water 1/2 skimmed milk for a bit of creaminess), threw in some ice cubes and a teaspoon of coffe.. blended away and wa-la. Was delish. :)

many people here have their shakes with milk?

yeah every time, i like that taste better, the creamier thicker taste, im real stingy though i always wash my mixer out with water to get the left over milk and protein so i get my moneys worth lol.

It seems strange to have it with water, unless you have those juicer ones, psuedo you said it absorbs faster with water than milk, is it much faster, would you see better gains with water post workout than milk?

p.s. i use the yellow top anchor milk with extra protein and calcium and less fat and carbs

interesting, i used to have it with milk all the time until about 3 months ago and since then its been water all the time, it cheaper and have kept leaner and better gains with water all the time. i have about 5 shakes (32g protein) a day. so milk would be a pain to buy all the time.

unless i was using a mass ganier protein i wuld always use water from now.

psuedo you said it absorbs faster with water than milk, is it much faster, would you see better gains with water post workout than milk?

In theory, yes, you'd see better gains, because the faster the digestion of protein, the more insulin is released, and therefore the better the uptake of protein into the muscle. As for how much faster water is than milk, I really don't know. Perhaps Flex or Waldo might know.

2guns, I try to avoid having too many shakes because I'm scared I may start to build up an intolerance to them. Anyway, the 5 shakes a day (plus other real food I assume) explains a lot of your speedy gains! What else do you have them with? That is, do you have a carb and fat source with each one?

2guns, how do you find the time to have five shakes a day? Do you do a morning and night workout? What sort of powder are you using at the moment? What sort of gains have you made with it? Do you get a special deal on it, 5 shakes a day would use a tub up quickly wouldn't it?

i have 5 real meals a day and have, a shke with breakfast a shake with morning ta and a shake with afternoon tea. then one after workout and one more before bed.

with afternoon tea i wait a while and have the shake about 45mins after this measns im drinking it about 30mins before training.

and i eat rice kumara potatoe oats all the usuals

fat source i eat avocado sometimes and i eat salmon and tuna.

also eat pizza and fast food etc ocasionally, everything in moderation.

this goes for food, supplements, gear, training, sex... :pfft: hahaha jokes.

but yeah moderation is the key. and my 5 shakes day equals an extra 115g protein a day its an easy way of getting the extra protein to grow BIG!

2guns, how do you find the time to have five shakes a day? Do you do a morning and night workout? What sort of powder are you using at the moment? What sort of gains have you made with it? Do you get a special deal on it, 5 shakes a day would use a tub up quickly wouldn't it?

21 questons...

ok,

finding time is easy u just mix it with water and skull it. takes 2 mins. do u have 2 minutes a day?

no i train once a day

i use dymatize elite

i have made good gains, but its not just the protein its the training and diet etc

no i dont get a special deal on it

the tub last about 2 weeks

hope that helps :pfft:

• 2 months later...