NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
Dontrunwithknives

Supplement retailer reviews

[MOD EDIT: Split from Post & Photo of the month prizes.]

Just a note on NZ Muscle... My mate wanted me to start a topic on them but I decided against it. But this seems like a good place to put it.

My mate ordered off them and had to go pick up his package from a courier station because it didn't have the proper address on it. Then another package arrived at the correct address so he got a 17lb bag of Mutant Mass for free.

Second time he ordered some CytoSport Muscle Milk and it didn't arrive for 2 weeks. He called them up and asked where it was and he got told it takes longer then a day to be deliverd. He told them he ordered 2 weeks ago and that was way to long to wait and the website said 1-2days. My mate told them to sort it out and the guy on the phone went NUTS, yelling and shit. Anyway 2 days later it was delivered with no name on it, packaging slip had to be opened to find what was inside then my mate knew it was his. The box also had heaps of holes in it which I'm guessing was intentional but we can't be certain of course.

Awesome service \:D/

The old "My mate" trick aye haha.

It's true. I always order from shotgun supplements. I have had so much free stuff (Sups, T shirts, lifting straps and a DVD signed by Flex Lewis). They sent me a letter with my first purchase. And I like the smiley face stamp they always put on the packing slip :pfft:

Oh and after reading the post again I noticed it may sound like I know heaps of details about it but if you live and work with your mates everyday you hear about everything.

Hi guys

Sian here from NZ Muscle.

I just wanted to let you know that we've taken this issue up with our staff. Without getting in to the details of what happened we appreciate that one way or another your friend had poor customer service from us and we've taken this on board.

Mix ups in addresses etc is no excuse but from time to time our couriers also unfortunately misplace our goods and we have to go through a bit of a process to locate them which can delay things.

If your friend does wish to pass on any feedback get them to private message me. I promise I won't yell! :D

Cheers!

So you, I mean he, wanted you to start a thread, but you were against it, and posted anyway? :pfft:

So you, I mean he, got extra protein, and still felt ripped off?

Bet he walked around with a hard on from the free protein. Must have been a cold shower to wait for the next freeby, that never came.

The issue is with attitude, and perhaps a drunk monkey on the phone, but the freebies are nothing to snap at. score.

Smart ass wanks are the issue. Seems like 'service' was missing from the customer service that day/month. He should've contacted the owner with the wankers name. He's tren dosing too high.

So you, I mean he, wanted you to start a thread, but you were against it, and posted anyway? :pfft:

So you, I mean he, got extra protein, and still felt ripped off?

Bet he walked around with a hard on from the free protein. Must have been a cold shower to wait for the next freeby, that never came.

The issue is with attitude, and perhaps a drunk monkey on the phone, but the freebies are nothing to snap at. score.

Smart ass wanks are the issue. Seems like 'service' was missing from the customer service that day/month. He should've contacted the owner with the wankers name. He's tren dosing too high.

After it happend and he had not recieved his protein I said I should put up a post on the forums in a joking way. He said I should do it but I couldn't be fucked. Then when I found out NZ Muscle was the forums new sponser I was reminded of what happend and decided to post it.

Yes he got a free 17lb bag of protein worth $150. That's awesome but I put that in there so people could see it was a still a f*ck up (had to go for a long drive to pick up the first package) even though it turned out positive.

My mate may have said something to piss off the guy on phone even though he told me he hadn't. Still, that's no reason to yell at the customer.

Anyway the point of this was just to show my mate got fucked around on 2 out of 2 orders. And it probably does not happen very often. I would buy from NZ Muscle if I was not so loyal to Shotgun Supplements.

(And why does everyone think it's me and not my mate? He kept talking about how he hadn't got his protein etc. and that's how I found out all the details.)

I found out NZ Muscle was the forums new sponser

Just a minor correction on that, DRWK... NZ Muscle are sponsoring our Post and Photo of the Month competition (and we're very happy that they did step in to keep it going) but they don't sponsor the whole forum. It may seem a pedantic little correction, but you'll see why soon enough. :grin:

Anyway, back on the subject of customer service, I try and spread my orders around multiple retailers (NZ Muscle, Punch, Shotgun, Endorphin Systems, etc). As far as freebies go, it seems to be luck of the draw, but in terms of service, I couldn't fault any of them. I think the supplement market in NZ is so tight that any company whose service was consistently below par wouldn't be around for very long!

(And why does everyone think it's me and not my mate? He kept talking about how he hadn't got his protein etc. and that's how I found out all the details.)

We are all reminded of the "my mate got an STD, what should he do about it" or "my mate wants to take steroids, what advice do you have?" stories. :pfft:

With your post, and response from someone in teh company (or a troll?) I feel your post has had teh desired effect. Better get your mate to share teh love if he gets some kickbacks! 8)

And along the lines of what Pseudonym said, screwing up in NZ is like a cyanide pill for business.

Best brand I've ever dealt with was bodybuilding.co.nz. Their Nutratech brand is insanely cheap and stocks the supps which people are after. The best brand and company I've ever dealt with (this includes Australia!)

We deal with BodyPro on the North Shore. Great service, good range, will price match and has next day delivery in most cases. Big Ups :nod:

Well, I have just been on bodybuilding.co.nz's site since the revamp.

Must say I am rather impressed with the improvements.

Website looks highly professional.

Cheers for that heads up, just went on and ordered the BCAAs from USP Labs (same company makes Jack3d). Finally BCAAs at 8:1:1 ratio PLUS Glutamine (peptide bonded as well!) saved me alot of $$$ if I had to buy these separately. Nothing else in the formula so won't intefere with contest prep either.

Good website, good range :-)

Like how they have categorised everything, can find what you want easily

Just ordered some Creatine on Bodybuilding.co.nz myself. The site does look nice... the web forms could do with a bit of tweaking but the site looks good overall.

I havent used Creatine for a few years... but I thought I might as well give it another shot ... the extra water retention might be useful with my H.I.T routine. :)

I give punch supplements the thumbs up for the most part.

Been with them a long time.....only two times I have had a courier issue with it not arriving and both times Chris sent out a replacement pronto and hassle free.

Just ordered some Creatine on Bodybuilding.co.nz myself. The site does look nice... the web forms could do with a bit of tweaking but the site looks good overall.

I havent used Creatine for a few years... but I thought I might as well give it another shot ... the extra water retention might be useful with my H.I.T routine. :)

Already received it. How's that for sevice?! sweet

Track n Trace says mine is on the courier vehicle so I should have mine when I get home, awesome service will use them again. Shame they didn't have Dymatize Liquid L-Carnitine in stock, I had to go and buy that separately today.

Goodbye fat :pray:

+2 for bodybuilding.co.nz

I get everything on time, its fast and often here the next day. So for someone like me I only order when I can see the bottom of the jar. So keep up the good work, bodybuilding.co.nz :clap:

Would have to say all the Major NZ supplement companies I have bought from are top notch, all with similar prices, great response/delivery time and great customer service.

bodybuilding.co.nz

Shotgun.co.nz

supplements.co.nz

punchsupplements.co.nz

sportsfuel.co.nz

As others have said with such a small market for these products in NZ if someone drops the ball word gets around fast so their is no room for bad service. I think in that side of things were are very lucky here in NZ.

When someone says a supplement company delivered very fast...

A few things that can alter the delivery speed sometimes,

1. How far away you live from the company base

2. The quantity of products

3. Did you order before or after the packages leave base that day?

4. Did you order over the weekend or during the week?

5. Are you rural or urban?

6. Delivery company, some require a signature...

I'm not saying all these always effect delivery speed.