Well i was warned.

carma

Well i weigh myself every Saturday and this morning it says i have put on 1kg. But you guys did warn me that when i up my cals and carbs i may go up alittle bit til my body realises that it's not starving anymore. The last thing i want is to be putting on fat. It has been about a week since i changed my diet. So how long til my fat starts dropping, it's a real downer when you get on those scales and thery've gone in the opposite direction than you want them to. I dont feel bloated but i think i look it.

Patience, patience, aye guys?

I always use a tape measure to check my progress in either weight loss or gain, if you know where to measure and can get some calipers are good. A 1kg change of weight is within my normal fluctuation but I am sure you dont weigh as much as me! however, you are reajusting to a new calorie/carb intake I would be inclined to give it anothe 2 weeks to see what happens before changing anything.

Wait and see what some of the others say as I am more into building than reducing!

Yeah, contrary to popular belief, efficient fatloss isnt that hard to achive. Its just that a lot of people inadvertently do what you have done and keep dropping calories lower and lower, wondering why weight loss isnt occuring.

One thing is fur sure about weightloss though, doing it effectively takes patience and alot of knowledge.

Once your bod has got back to normal levels ask away as the people on this board are a very knowledgable bunch :nod:

Hey Carma

I went for a few weeks dropping weight quite quickly only to step on the scales and find I had plateaued one week and then put on the next, yet my PT told me he could see definite changes in my body. THis kept me motivated and with just a few changes (actually adding carbs back in) I found that I lost 300g the week after. Small but to me it meant a lot so after weigh-in this week it will prove if it works or not. The other thing I find works is having one day a week where you do eat more calories than normal (mainly in the form of carbs). I find I have heaps of energy but it does affect me a bit the next day. In the morning I have been known to feel like I've walked into a bus, but by lunch I'm fine again.

Will do, I weigh in on a Monday, so each Tuesday when I post my journal update I'll put my current weight, so you all know.

I feel like I've added in so much food now, that I'm not looking forward to weighing on Monday. Scales are bound to show an increase, but hopefully only temporarily........