Juggernaut Barbell

M.T

Thank you boys good to hear from ya TT.

Yeah man I quite like them aye, bit of a bitch to get off but find i'm getting an easy 4 revolutions out of them using sub X style where as the Titaniums or THP's (always get them confused) gave me 2. So far my prefer choice for the heavier stuff.

Yeah man I quite like them aye, bit of a bitch to get off but find i'm getting an easy 4 revolutions out of them using sub X style where as the Titaniums or THP's (always get them confused) gave me 2. So far my prefer choice for the heavier stuff.

i hear ya bro. are you bow-tieing the wraps or just looping the wrap on your last revolution and threading it under? can have trouble getting them off (partly due to the rubber grip) but with the bow-tie not so much

I've always bowtied them haven't really played with other styles tbh. Love getting a good wrap and when your done pop the bowtie and they don't budge an inch lol they truly are grippy but as I say feel much safer in them thus far see how 190 triples go :shock:

Assistance

DB lat raises 3x12 @20lb ss DB shoulder press 3x12 @20lb

Single leg extensions 3x10 ps @30kg ss leg press 3x10 @200kg

Face pulls 3x15 @30lb ss Tricep pushdowns 3x15 @30lb

Cable hammers 3x12 @60lb

Rack pulls 3x5 @100kg

Comments

Random little hit out today nothing special got up early and was already in town thought i'd have a bash. Supposed to do some cardio but skipped brekky so energy was very low hence the light weights and supersets good pump before heading out and enjoying the day gym and breakfast in town all before 10am good start to the day.

5x5 week 4 bench only

1x8 @60

1x3 @100

1x5 @105

1x5 @115

1x5 @125

1x5 @130

1x1 @130

1x3 @100

Comments

For lunch today I wanted to have some IRON so headed into the House for tomorrow's Bench session today as they were a bit of a struggle last week coming off some heavy Squats. Drizzt actually came up with the idea so I didn't plan on coming in and it showed I really struggled with 120 onwards. Tried to maximize my rest times but keep it within a reasonable amount of time as I was on the clock still at work.

Squeezed out the 130 for 4 then had to rack and rest for 10 secs then edge out the last rep right then I knew the top set of 140 was not going to happen at all had a good 5 mins rest tried to attack another 5 @130 and just managed the single so dropped the weight to do some back off sets arms were well gone by this point.

Will try and give 140 a crack later in the week without the fatigue of 20 reps + prior to it and see how I go.

Holy hell, watching the squats you guys are definitely killing and looking like good numbers shifted on bench too! Your squat form is a lot stronger, body is much more upright than it was in past vids I have watched.

Nice work fellas!

Thank you Harry appreciate the support in these tough times :salute:

Thanks bro, it sure did fly today couldn't get the 5 out but 2 was ok.

5x5 week 4 day 1.5

Squats

1x10 @60

1x3 @100

1x3 @120

1x2 @140

1x1 @155 b

4x5 @165 b +kw (grippers)

1x6 @165 b +kw " "

Bench

1x5 @60

1x3 @100

1x1 @120

1x1 @130

1x2 @140

1x1 @140 miss

BB rows

1x3 @60

1x5 @75

1x5 @80

1x5 @85

1x5 @90

1x5 @95

Comments

Shiiirt pretty big day at the office took us over the 2 hour mark easily but hell it was a good one alright. Felt like an absolute baws under the bar today something just clicked for me and dropped 165 like I have never done before confident and deep. Warming up felt very rough and slow getting out of the hole right up until my 1st working set chucked the grippers on and BOOM s*#t just fell into place. 1st working was ok but knew I was going to smoke it from there it got better as I went into the sets 5th set felt great wanted to shoot for 7 reps but eeerr my spotter vanished :lol: so only went 6 better safe than sorry round this time of the program. Also tried to cut out that pelvic thrust I have the habbit of getting into to throw my arse out and essentially mimicked Drizzt's form and that also helped with not only depth but saving that extra fraction of energy kept me upright and tight very good feeling.

Decided to give that 140 a shot today too since I was on a roll eased into some light warm ups and got my 2 reps really nice and fast then just instantly got fatigued and stapled myself on the 3rd. Took a few mins and tried a single was not to be so called my bench there. Actually quite happy about the 2 reps keeping in mind fatigued from yesterdays bench and today's squats was happy to shift that 3pps again it's been a while.

Bbrows were also easier than I would have thought top finish to a good session good start to week 4 :-)

as I went into the sets 5th set felt great wanted to shoot for 7 reps but eeerr my spotter vanished :laughing: so only went 6 better safe than sorry round this time of the program.

Brooo don't blame that on me haha you could've had 7 if you wanted.

We just had different ideas at the same time, you wanted another rep, but I wanted to move quick so I could get these pics to show you (thinking 5 reps meant the end of your set of course):

uvs120131-002.jpg

vlcsnap-2012-01-31-20h32m41s48.png

It was pretty much identical every set.

Foot positioning in and of itself isn't reeeeaally a cause for concern, but the right foot being back did cause you to twist a little, because your body was still facing front on to the wall. As a result, the bar was on a constant lean. Looked like that right side was taking a bit more weight than the left was.

Thinking maybe you need to watch your feet a little when you come out? I know I do the same occasionally, so I've managed to work a little ground-watching into my process without disrupting things too much.

WOOOOOW when you show it like that man that's a problem alright. Noticed when warming up without the collars the plates on the right seem to be well spread apart had no idea I was that far off.

Thanks for pointing that out will be added to the list of things to watch out for before Squatting (up to 10ish now).

Anyone else have this issue that reads this???

Have had similar issues, once the weight gets up, even a cm or two of uneven bar centre, or assymmetric grip or stance, and it feels all to hell....

I learned heaps from last year's B'bro about systematic set-up, how the seasoned lifters set-up exactly the same way every time. I've also been watching folks like Vee, who's methodical as hell about the whole process, starting from the first hand on the bar (which finger on the rings) all the way thru the walk-out.

Have you got it sorted now or still working on it?

Seems like a common thing noticed Tutua does it aswell and Costa had some suggestions I will try out. Just don't like looking down at my feet before Squatting but something I will need to change.

So weird it felt so good but looked not so great.

Have had similar issues, once the weight gets up, even a cm or two of uneven bar centre, or assymmetric grip or stance, and it feels all to hell....

I learned heaps from last year's B'bro about systematic set-up, how the seasoned lifters set-up exactly the same way every time. I've also been watching folks like Vee, who's methodical as hell about the whole process, starting from the first hand on the bar (which finger on the rings) all the way thru the walk-out.

This. Have watched a few elite level PLers train over the years and always notice even in training and warming up their set up is always the same. I adopted this same mentality in relation to my bodybuilding training and even when warming up I set up the same way. It trains your body to fire better and better every time.

OH and where can I get some of those khaki shorts lol! Hard core gangster ha ha ha ha

Don't playah hate, Dem my camo shorts bro most comfortable pair of shorts I have ever purchased. Got them from your ways when I was on holiday years back maybe when I was about 83kg and has grown with me till my peak @106 and now down to 100 still fit great.

Ripped about 2 pairs of shorts this year alone hence why we now Squat in a soft suit so much better.

5x5 week 4

Squats

1x10 @60

1x5 @100

1x3 @120

1x1 @130

1x1 @140 forgot belt

5x5 @140 b :-)

Dips

1x5 @bw

1x5 @20

1x5 @40

1x5 @50

Chins

1x5 @10

1x5 @20

1x3 @30

1x2 @bw

Comments

Had one of those days today where your shattered as work is dragging on look at the spreadsheet for today and think how tf am I gonna pull this off? Also thought i'd run on low carbs today to see how my body would react so was running on le Java and H20 to get me through the day. Got to the House and spirits were low then Quigmeister pulls out my knee wraps that I forgot all about ordering slapped them on and instantly felt good to go. In saying that as per norm warm up sets felt tough very achy in abductors and knees got to my 1st working set and pretty easily got them out. 2 days in a row Squatz have been feeling great to say the least. Also addressed my foot position that Drizzt raised yesterday and drew a line on the floor where my feet should be. Sure enough every time I set up was about half an inch off on the right foot and had to look down correct every set and it did feel weird but good at the same time.

Dips were good finally got my 5@+50 kgs that was pretty cool and chins felt strong also which was a shock not having done them in a few weeks. Deads tomorrow easily the hardest session of the program will be proper fueled up for that.

Have you got it sorted now or still working on it?

Seems like a common thing noticed Tutua does it aswell and Costa had some suggestions I will try out. Just don't like looking down at my feet before Squatting but something I will need to change.

So weird it felt so good but looked not so great.

I'm still working on mastering the set-up - down to "how do the elbows feel?" as in "do they feel equally bent?" and stuff like that.

After getting three reds at the Bbro for bouncing the bar in the squat after I'd un-racked it, I'm determined to nail the set-up.

Dunno that I'd be too keen to look down in the squat - might be closely followed by a face-plant :oops: but good feedback from the training partners helps learn "how it feels" to be aligned.

I agree it is wierd - I think we can probably tolerate some mis-alignments better than others. After all, we probably have those left-right imbalances ?

Put some tape on the floor and on each set make sure your feet line up even. Twisting on heavy squats will not feel nice bro!

Doyouevenread? :lol:

Also addressed my foot position that Drizzt raised yesterday and drew a line on the floor where my feet should be. Sure enough every time I set up was about half an inch off on the right foot and had to look down correct every set and it did feel weird but good at the same time.